| PRO The NFL is expected to look into banning the “tush-push” QB sneak method this off-season, per FOX NFL Rules Analyst Dean Blandino.

Here's yet another rule change that's ... it's just stupid. It's a cutting nose/spite face move if it passes.

Simple, football logic says this is a bad move.

I agree with you here. This is the ultimate football play if you ask me. Nothing but brute force, muscle versus muscle and who worked harder in the offseason. This is what football is all about in my mind. Of course this is the game that is taking defense out of the game as well.

I don't understand why they would have any real grounds ban it (the fewer commercials idea makes sense) because it's not an unfair advantage since both teams are allowed to do it.
“I was talking to (Denver Broncos coach) Sean Payton during Sunday’s game, and he said we’re going to do this every time next season if they don’t take it out,’’ Blandino said.

Now imagine that league wide. If Payton adopts it, won't everyone?

I'm still left shaking my head at this:

“It amounts to a rugby scrum. The NFL wants to showcase the athleticism and skill of our athletes. This is just not a skillful play. This is just a tactic that is not an aesthetically pleasing play, and I think the competition committee is going to take a look at it.’’

It's a team game, not one on one.
A team is made up of individuals. Each one "should" be responsible for their position. You want a lineman or running back to help the QB run the ball? Have them block and open a hole, or dominate the line of scrimmage the way Bama used to do it.

Just one of many things that keep driving me away from football.

A team is made up of individuals. Each one "should" be responsible for their position. You want a lineman or running back to help the QB run the ball? Have them block and open a hole, or dominate the line of scrimmage the way Bama used to do it.

Just one of many things that keep driving me away from football.

Sorry bo, but that is absolutely one of the dumbest things I've heard. You don't have the kind of dominance Alabama has had by everyone simply staying in their lane and doing the absolute minimum for their position, and their position only. It's funny to me that you seem like an older fan, a fan that grew up with running quarterbacks that finally opened up to throwing a ball, so for you to say they should only play their position I can only laugh since the game changed and quarterbacks are doing multiple things from where the position started.

Sorry bo, but that is absolutely one of the dumbest things I've heard. You don't have the kind of dominance Alabama has had by everyone simply staying in their lane and doing the absolute minimum for their position, and their position only. It's funny to me that you seem like an older fan, a fan that grew up with running quarterbacks that finally opened up to throwing a ball, so for you to say they should only play their position I can only laugh since the game changed and quarterbacks are doing multiple things from where the position started.
I am an older fan, from back when it was illegal to push a QB on a sneak. From back before they wussified the game. So, sorry bro, nothing stupid with wanting a runner to run the ball and not get pushed by someone else because he's not strong enough.

I am an older fan, from back when it was illegal to push a QB on a sneak. From back before they wussified the game. So, sorry bro, nothing stupid with wanting a runner to run the ball and not get pushed by someone else because he's not strong enough.

Yeah, it is pretty stupid. I'll just leave it at that. I'm an old school mind in a younger generation, but I'm not as close minded to call everything wussified just because it's changed since it's origination.

I'm gonna make you feel pretty dumb here. You don't want people pushing one guy with the ball, but you don't seem to have a problem with multiple guys tackling that one guy??? The entire offense's job is to get the ball to the endzone. The entire defense's job is to stop them. No matter how it happens, that is the objective.

Yeah, it is pretty stupid. I'll just leave it at that. I'm an old school mind in a younger generation, but I'm not as close minded to call everything wussified just because it's changed since it's origination.

I'm gonna make you feel pretty dumb here. You don't want people pushing one guy with the ball, but you don't seem to have a problem with multiple guys tackling that one guy??? The entire offense's job is to get the ball to the endzone. The entire defense's job is to stop them. No matter how it happens, that is the objective.
Doesn't make me feel dumb at all. Everybody's job on defense is to stop the ball. Only one person at a time on offense can move the ball.

Back
Top Bottom