| RECRUIT The Jordan Addison transfer saga ends where it started: to USC

Usually wrap up in May, so might've finished early or maybe they just wrapped up this week. Yep, this week is finals week. He might've taken the tests already and not gone to the class to take the test over the weekend or earlier in the week.

Heck, anymore there are a lot of classes that don't even take Finals, but do a project, write a paper, or they do in fact allow them to take them earlier. From what I've heard from my boss' kid that's a Freshman at Georgia.

Well I guess that means Bryce will be entering the transfer portal and transferring to USC. You know someone will report this conspiracy theory :).
If that ever happened, Collin Cowherd would probably show up to Lincoln Riley's house the next morning and offer to give him blow jobs for life.

Actually, I take that back. He probably already has sent Lincoln an offer for that.

Heck, anymore there are a lot of classes that don't even take Finals, but do a project, write a paper, or they do in fact allow them to take them earlier. From what I've heard from my boss' kid that's a Freshman at Georgia.

There's that, but on the flip side when you started having a NC game a week later than normal, players who had not attended classes all Fall were getting dinged academically once January came around. Hence Cam's "appeal" of his academic suspension so he could play in the NC game.

Pitt transfer wide receiver Jordan Addison is the topic of much discussion. From multi million dollar deals to houses to whether he will head elsewhere or if the door is still open at Pitt, I’m hearing a lot. Here’s the latest.

— The door appears to be closed at Pitt. There were some rumors of Addison’s mom wanting him to stay and Pitt and from what I hear he has considered his legacy there. I mean, after all, he could go down in Larry Fitzgerald kind of lore if he stays. But the loss of receivers coach Brennan Marion to Texas and offensive coordinator Mark Whipple to Nebraska as well as QB Kenny Pickett to the NFL is just too much of a perfect storm for Addison.

— This is less about NIL and money and more about his final year in college and his draft stock. He will make NIL money, that’s not in question, but he wants to make sure he can keep his NFL Draft stock high and work with coaches and a quarterback that will make him better. I’ve been told that Addison is one of the most driven players you’ll ever meet and has very high standards for how he is pushed.

— USC isn’t a done deal, he will look around. Yes he’s friends with QB Caleb Williams and his father and the USC offense is very attractive to him as is LA, but other schools will get a look. He’s very, very hard to get ahold of so there are a ton of teams hoping to get a response who simply won’t. Texas and Alabama are two schools he will likely consider, Texas for Marion and Alabama for Alabama (Bryce Young, Nick Saban, etc) but I’ve also heard LSU and Oregon mentioned. I’d say the combination of QB and offensive play at USC as well as the NIL opportunities give the Trojans an edge with Texas running second and Alabama third. But this won’t be quick from what I’m told.

— Addison did give it through the spring at Pitt to see how the offense looked and how he was coached I’ve been told. He didn’t want to make an uninformed decision but after spring ball he decided a new home was needed.

— Addison to Texas would be interesting as Xavier Worthy is WR1 there and they have transfers in Isaiah Neyor and Agiye Hall coming in as well as Jordan Whittington and others there. What would Addison do to Worthy’s status as there were rumors of a potential transfer by Worthy (USC, Ohio State mentioned to me) even before this? Obviously Worthy never jumped and it’s after the May 1 deadline so he’s not likely to leave now but would it be a locker room situation? Worthy recruits for Texas as hard as anyone so I don’t see an issue, but USC and Alabama have less concerns in that area without surefire No. 1 guys.

— The quarterback will be key and probably the only drawback for Texas here as Quinn Ewers has amazing arm talent but is unproven. Williams has shown a bit of what he can do and Young is the Heisman winner. That’s why LSU and Oregon don’t make a ton of sense to me as well. I’ve been told a great QB is wanted and he had that in Pickett last season at Pitt. Perhaps more teams can enter the discussion with strong starters?

I’d say the combination of QB and offensive play at USC as well as the NIL opportunities give the Trojans an edge with Texas running second and Alabama third. But this won’t be quick from what I’m told.

The quarterback will be key and probably the only drawback for Texas here as Quinn Ewers has amazing arm talent but is unproven. Williams has shown a bit of what he can do and Young is the Heisman winner.
The QB is the key. Okay.

USC leads because of their QB and offensive play the latter of which we haven't seen. We've seen little of Caleb.

But, the QB is the key.

Again, Farrell just doesn't make a lot of sense (and I suspect we all know why.)

The QB is the key. Okay.

USC leads because of their QB and offensive play the latter of which we haven't seen. We've seen little of Caleb.

But, the QB is the key.

Again, Farrell just doesn't make a lot of sense (and I suspect we all know why.)
That's why he worked out with Young, to get a feeling for his throws, how he would do this and that......

That's why he worked out with Young, to get a feeling for his throws, how he would do this and that......

All he needs to do is look at the tape. Caleb Williams is good because of his feet. He did not/does not blow me away with his arm. His feet are the reason they beat Texas and he had his coming out party. A lot to be desired from a guy that people are paying a lot of money to in NIL and someone that Lincoln Riley tampered with.

1651852216531.png

Bryce, he showed he could do it with his arm, but has the feet when needed. He's a pass first guy and once he sank in this past season he was surgical. Good decision maker and did it against the best competition in the country, while torching one of the best defenses in the country, and for a second time for the most part. He would also not be jumping into a program being built, but a program that is already structured and humming along.

1651852310078.png

All he needs to do is look at the tape. Caleb Williams is good because of his feet. He did not/does not blow me away with his arm. His feet are the reason they beat Texas and he had his coming out party. A lot to be desired from a guy that people are paying a lot of money to in NIL and someone that Lincoln Riley tampered with.

View attachment 21012

Bryce, he showed he could do it with his arm, but has the feet when needed. He's a pass first guy and once he sank in this past season he was surgical. Good decision maker and did it against the best competition in the country, while torching one of the best defenses in the country, and for a second time for the most part. He would also not be jumping into a program being built, but a program that is already structured and humming along.

View attachment 21013
“Coming out party” means a lot more than it used to… 😂

I am surprised that he hasn't decided to go to USC By now.
Since he hasn't seems like where there is smoke there is fire. The GOAT doing what he does. No idea if that is the case but if he does pull this kid and the Louisville kid excels the offense will have great talent at the skill positions. Then BY has to avoid the 2nd year starter slump and the OL has to improve significantly. Would be a nice to see it all come together with the D that should be really good.

The saga...

As the story goes in a lot of these recruiting stories this one has reached the "Addison followed ____ on Insta/Twitter." (Should we start saying MSSM? 🤷‍♂️ ) "Alabama player is following ...." You get the picture. You may think it's insignificant though that's been a common trend pointing where kids end up.

Evidently Jamil posted "he warned y'all" last night and then deleted it shortly after. I've not seen a screen shot.

When @BamaFan334 started this thread I didn't think Bama was in this one. Then seeing Bryce was in Cali? "They're that far into this?"
Since he hasn't seems like where there is smoke there is fire.
The workout with Bryce. That's your "fire" here.

This social media edition of the saga last night? I don't know anyone that's saying Bama is not in this; including a couple of USC folks I talk with often. I don't know where he ends up.

It's a fun recruiting story; one of the better ones of the season. IF Bama lands Addison? Oh boy, we'll have an off season of melt down threads.

Back
Top Bottom