| LIFE The case of the $200 spring.

TerryP

Staff
Life.

I'm putting new string on the string trimmer a few days ago and dropped the head on the patio. The spring, sprung. Gone. I have a magnetic broom. Could not find the damn thing.

So, Google/Amazon, right? No such luck. Even with Kobalt, they don't sell that spring. Ace? Did not have it. No store in the area had that spring that would fit. I ordered twice from Amazon taking a "chance." Didn't work. So, no spring, no string trimmer.

I bought another one. I like it...nice, comfortable, does the trick. It was a tad over two bills.

I found the spring. In one of my dog's food (auto feeder.) No idea how it got there. And yes, I'd already thrown the other one away.

In the end, I spent $200 for a new string trimmer because I could find the spring that somehow made it inside the house in the dogs food when I lost it outside...

Life.

Life.

I'm putting new string on the string trimmer a few days ago and dropped the head on the patio. The spring, sprung. Gone. I have a magnetic broom. Could not find the damn thing.

So, Google/Amazon, right? No such luck. Even with Kobalt, they don't sell that spring. Ace? Did not have it. No store in the area had that spring that would fit. I ordered twice from Amazon taking a "chance." Didn't work. So, no spring, no string trimmer.

I bought another one. I like it...nice, comfortable, does the trick. It was a tad over two bills.

I found the spring. In one of my dog's food (auto feeder.) No idea how it got there. And yes, I'd already thrown the other one away.

In the end, I spent $200 for a new string trimmer because I could find the spring that somehow made it inside the house in the dogs food when I lost it outside...

Life.
Now that sound like me! Lose something and I will find it after I bough a new one.

Life.

Life.
The mfg of that piece of equipment?

Anyone who has ever built an AR style rifle can relate to the spring disappearing. Only with the AR, its the (tiny) detent pin being pushed against the spring. It will launch across a room never to be seen again. Their not expensive or hard to replace, but unless you have several on hand it will postpone your build until you have time to you can buy a new one.

Back
Top Bottom