| FTBL The blocked punt...

I

imported_Porter

If you watched Saban's post game press conference then you already know this, but that came about because the Tide staff (someone in charge of such things) noticed during pre-game warm-ups that MSU's regular long snapper was not dressed out. Saban & Co. decided that because of this, if they had MSU backed up, they would go after the first kick. Well, it happened, and they did. Sure enough, it was a high snap. It might have been blocked anyway because Kareem got a good jump, but the bad snap sure didn't help them.

I say all that to say this... It seems like such a small thing, and in the grand scheme of things it kind of is... but I guarantee you folks that under our old staff, that scenario would have never played out that way.

So glad we have the staff we do now! Anyone else who thinks otherwise just needs to leave this team and fan base. BTW there are some nice shots from the block on rolltide.com :D

I caught those comments and was impressed with the our ability to pick up on it, plan for it and pull it off. :shock:

It may take observant thing such as this to beat Florida in the SEC game.

Porter said:
If you watched Saban's post game press conference then you already know this, but that came about because the Tide staff (someone in charge of such things) noticed during pre-game warm-ups that MSU's regular long snapper was not dressed out. Saban & Co. decided that because of this, if they had MSU backed up, they would go after the first kick. Well, it happened, and they did. Sure enough, it was a high snap. It might have been blocked anyway because Kareem got a good jump, but the bad snap sure didn't help them.

I say all that to say this... It seems like such a small thing, and in the grand scheme of things it kind of is... but I guarantee you folks that under our old staff, that scenario would have never played out that way.

Agreed.

Porter said:

It went perfectly with the call the punt on 4th and short. We actually had a few fans pissing and moaning about not going for it early in the game. I didn't say anything because I didn't feel like getting into it with someone on the first drive, but when the ball was downed on the 1, I turned to my buddy and shouted that it was a good call to punt. When the punt was blocked, after the cheering, I shouted to my buddy that it was a GREAT call to punt on 4th down. Needless to say, I didn't hear any griping from behind after that.

Back
Top Bottom