Team update 3.0 (UPDATE: FOOTBALL CONTENT MOVED TO FEATURED THREAD AT THE TOP)

Honestly I do like to watch some QB's go out and throw it around all day.......but i'd rather not have our QB go out and think that they are the team and have turnover after turnover...... Take Famous Jameis for instance.... Say he was our QB last year, with all the turnovers he had. We dont make it to the playoffs. MY OPINION

I don't think it has to be one or the other though... AJ was a great example of a guy who could win both ways. Obviously that would be extremely high expectations... But you'd think at this point in the Bama dynasty, and the direction the game of football has gone, that we would have a QB who's main goal is to not fuck up. Of course, hopefully this is not the case.

Should be some interesting discussions in coaches meetings. I suspect Kiffin wants Bateman because of his superior athleticism, can make all the throws, can escape the pocket, etc. Meanwhile, Lord Saban wants the guy who hasn't turned it over this fall in Morris. Time will tell who wins out. Kiffin is gonna argue that Bateman doesn't have as good a grasp of the offense because he has gotten fewer reps and was basically an afterthought until recently. What do y'all think?

Should be some interesting discussions in coaches meetings. I suspect Kiffin wants Bateman because of his superior athleticism, can make all the throws, can escape the pocket, etc. Meanwhile, Lord Saban wants the guy who hasn't turned it over this fall in Morris. Time will tell who wins out. Kiffin is gonna argue that Bateman doesn't have as good a grasp of the offense because he has gotten fewer reps and was basically an afterthought until recently. What do y'all think?
It's pretty telling Morris recieved 85% of the 1st team reps. Although I agree Master Bateman is the superior athlete neither has live snaps minus handoffs by Morris.

A monkey could win 9 games with this roster... Winning a championship is what's in question.

Whomever starts is gonna have to make some plays over the course of the season. That's a given.
I just think those plays
Can be made by all the guys on the roster. More importantly, I think all the qbs can get the rock to guys that will make the plays.
My faith is in the rest of the offense.
Lane scares me more than the qb situation.

Remember we will be using two TE sets, running the ball and using that defense. Control the clock,use JK Scott ownage.
Ty Flournoy-Smith, how good of a blocker is he? I have read were Brandon Greene is really good at run blocking and Im sure Dakota Ball can move some guys around but I don't want the personnel becoming predictable based on who is on the field. Anybody on the roster that could fill the role Jalston Fowler had last year?

From what I can tell, Morris has a little bit better arm than GMAC, but just as much football intelligence.

No, he's not going to be a Rhode's Scholar candidate in the classroom, that I'm aware of. But, he evidently has the same football smarts GMAC had, and can read a D like a focking seasoned coach up in the box.

I'll take that any day of the week over a more talented, yet wet-behind-the-ears Frosh who's most complex defensive reads to this point came from playing a video game.

-Sent via Tapatalk for Android

Back
Top Bottom