| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

I’ve never seen a 3D movie that I can remember. I’ve said I was going to but never get around to it.
I do not usually like 3D but The Force Awakens was really good in 3D. I expect this one would be too. Might go see it later in 3D.
Generally speaking, I only watch movies filmed with 3D cameras. Not a fan of the post production 3D films, which this one is.

There just aren't many true 3D movies.

The 3D was pretty good but not quite as good as The Force Awakens. There are some really good 3D movies,yet there are also some that should never have been converted. Quite often it is just a cash grab by the studios. I wish more were actually filmed with 3D cameras. It would help with the over all look of the movie.

Wheaton has to try to keep himself relevant somehow.
I found it funny but that's also coming from a guy who likes the Trek franchises better than the Wars franchises.

Relevant? I'm guessing here...figure most know him, today, as a guest star on The Big Bang Theory. I seriously doubt very many are familiar with this other ventures--that man (tempted to call him boy) is diversified.

Here's a crazy little "trivia" fact for ya ... he broke into film when Coach Bryant was still on the sidelines. That's a long career.

cKizLi4.jpg

I found it funny but that's also coming from a guy who likes the Trek franchises better than the Wars franchises.

Relevant? I'm guessing here...figure most know him, today, as a guest star on The Big Bang Theory. I seriously doubt very many are familiar with this other ventures--that man (tempted to call him boy) is diversified.

Here's a crazy little "trivia" fact for ya ... he broke into film when Coach Bryant was still on the sidelines. That's a long career.

Best. Movie. EVER.

1513887191383.png

Pretty good...I just do no like the direction they went with Luke. Seems MH feels the same. Interested to see if the Snoke thing was a trick. They have started to present force users as having powers that are different than canon material. I hope the upcoming novels shed some light on this and the direction they are going. It seems they are removing the family linage as being a key to strong force users.

It seems they are removing the family linage as being a key to strong force users.

That part makes me very happy. Midi-chlorians was a stupid addition to canon and this partly fixes that problem, although they never really said before family meant anything in strong users just that in one particular case it did. Also, the whole "Jedi are too rigid in thought" was already parsed out in the prequels (it was the reason Anakin turned really) so the Luke direction does partly make sense in some respects, although I think they could have done better by the character.

Finally saw it today. Don't know how I feel about it. I disagree with @kc re: Luke, but do agree with him/her about removing the family lineage.

After The Last Jedi, my wife and I took in a double header and saw The Darkest Hour. I didn't think before today that I'd be typing I like the latter better than the former but...

The whole thing about Luke moving away from strict Jedi teachings is nothing new for his character. He dabbled a little in dark powers in ROTJ, using force choke on Jabba's guards. Also, in the canon, the Jedi were once part of a group called the Jedhaii, people who used both light and dark side equally. Then they split into the what became known as the Jedi and Sith. There are still Force Neutrals out there and Luke seemed to be hinting that is the way things should go back to being.

Yep, once you have attained a true mastery of the force, you can become a force ghost and even effect things in the non-ethereal world(see Yoda setting the Jedi tree on fire). Luke pulled off something that has not been done by any of the Jedi in any of the prior films, he force projected himself across the galaxy and even physically interacted with Kylo there. Once his projection got murked, so did he. I fully expect to see him appear as a force ghost in E9.

Back
Top Bottom