| FTBL 🏈 South Carolina at Alabama 🏈 - Post game press conference posted

I get it happens, but going down inside the 5 was the much safer play. South Carolina couldn't stop the clock at that point, barring a fumbled snap, game was over. And the odds of them driving 75 yards (in just under 2 minutes) and getting the 2 point conversion to tie were much greater than getting a turnover out of the victory formation.

Edit: I'm not a big analytic person when it comes to football, so it isn't really about that. It was just an easy way to end the game on Bama's terms. And it nearly cost them.

There's no way I wanted to leave the last part of that game to executing and time management. Our clock management has been on par with a middle school team.

Scoring and converting the 2 point conversion almost all but guaranteed a win and we still almost blew it.

I think 5 did exactly what he needed to do. Score.

Moving on. Glad we won. Let's complain about something else....like how Florida had the necks of UT a few times and couldn't stomp em out. That fumble at the goal line and missed field goal in the first half cost them the game

There's no way I wanted to leave the last part of that game to executing and time management. Our clock management has been on par with a middle school team.

Scoring and converting the 2 point conversion almost all but guaranteed a win and we still almost blew it.

I think 5 did exactly what he needed to do. Score.

Moving on. Glad we won. Let's complain about something else....like how Florida had the necks of UT a few times and couldn't stomp em out. That fumble at the goal line and missed field goal in the first half cost them the game

It's literally downing the ball 3 times in victory formation inside the opponents 5 yard line. Les Miles couldn't fuck that up.

It's literally downing the ball 3 times in victory formation inside the opponents 5 yard line. Les Miles couldn't fuck that up.
I realize that. We literally couldn't take a snap under center a few weeks ago and fumbled it inside the 5 yard line.

The way that game was going, I had zero confidence in executing. Sorry. Don't see it.

Last edited:
I realize that. We litterly couldn't take a snap under center a few weeks ago and fumbled it inside the 5 yard line.

The way that game was going, I had zero confidence in executing. Sorry. Don't see it.

I'm with you. Score the points. I'm over thinking these guys are smart enough to have great football IQ. Even coaches have bad moments, like Saban clock management. So yeah, give me the points every time.

I understand where you coming from, but I rather him run out. You can't take chance with referee and their calls... it been questionable all day yesterday.

FWIW, my point is in reference to the go ahead TD to Bernard with just under 2 minutes remaining, not the INT in the endzone at the end of the game.

I'm a little stunned, bumfuzzled as I sit here the next day and still see multiple people think it was a better idea to take an 8 point lead and give the other team the ball back with 1:54 against and hope that a defense that can't be trusted and find a way to get a stop INSTEAD of putting the game in the bank and taking a 20-19 win by kneeling the ball and allowing time to easily run out. Alabama nearly got burned TWICE the other way... once on a failed 2 point play that South Carolina should have hit to tie.... THEN they were set up with a short field after the onside kick, only needing a FG for the win. The defense did it's job, thankfully... but for all the bitching and complaining I've seen about the defense lately, seems really, really weird that some wanted to put the game on their shoulders when it could have been over with 3 victory formation snaps. It's nonsensical to the core.

FWIW, my point is in reference to the go ahead TD to Bernard with just under 2 minutes remaining, not the INT in the endzone at the end of the game.

I'm a little stunned, bumfuzzled as I sit here the next day and still see multiple people think it was a better idea to take an 8 point lead and give the other team the ball back with 1:54 against and hope that a defense that can't be trusted and find a way to get a stop INSTEAD of putting the game in the bank and taking a 20-19 win by kneeling the ball and allowing time to easily run out. Alabama nearly got burned TWICE the other way... once on a failed 2 point play that South Carolina should have hit to tie.... THEN they were set up with a short field after the onside kick, only needing a FG for the win. The defense did it's job, thankfully... but for all the bitching and complaining I've seen about the defense lately, seems really, really weird that some wanted to put the game on their shoulders when it could have been over with 3 victory formation snaps. It's nonsensical to the core.
My bad. You're right. Bernard should've went out of bound or went down immediately to keep clock going. I stand corrected. You're right. When they scored touchdown, my wife jumped out of the couch and said, "That's the game!" I said to her, "You sure about that? Given the way they've been playing the last two games?" She got quiet immediately. The onside kick and the throw, as soon the game is over, I gave the middle finger to the football team and turned tv off.

@Brandon Van de Graaff I'm going to call it right now:

Roach DL is moving on.
LB coach: 50/50 moving on.
Transfer portal: We're going to target following players: QBs, RB, OL, DL, LB and Secondary. Got a feeling we're going to steal few players from Ohio State, Texas, and etc... We're going to hit portal real hard. The issues we're seeing on both side... They dont want a repeat of that. I bet Courtney Morgan is working the phone hard and got few players lined up.

I completely see your logic and don't disagree. But. I dont trust anything clock management wise with this team. We saw just in the second quarter a complete lack of clock management that gave USC 9 pts before the half.

There's no way we could have fundamentally snapped the ball from under center three times and expect it not to be fumbled. No way. Not the way this team has been playing.

Moving on. Hate week is in full effect.

Roach DL is moving on.
LB coach: 50/50 moving on.
Transfer portal: We're going to target following players: QBs, RB, OL, DL, LB and Secondary. Got a feeling we're going to steal few players from Ohio State, Texas, and etc... We're going to hit portal real hard. The issues we're seeing on both side... They dont want a repeat of that. I bet Courtney Morgan is working the phone hard and got few players lined up.

I would say I agree on Roach, but I've been fooled on that before. Not being a "DeBoer guy" though won't help him. I think an upgrade can be made at OLB coach. What happens with Wommack will be interesting... I understand some food on his plate has already been "removed". It would probably serve him well to get some things figured out on this back half of the schedule.

I completely see your logic and don't disagree. But. I dont trust anything clock management wise with this team. We saw just in the second quarter a complete lack of clock management that gave USC 9 pts before the half.

There's no way we could have fundamentally snapped the ball from under center three times and expect it not to be fumbled. No way. Not the way this team has been playing.

Moving on. Hate week is in full effect.

I’ll move on as well, but I’m still stunned by the line of thinking. And it isn’t just you, you’re the only one really responding though.

But were you worried when Bama went into victory formation twice 2 weeks ago against UGA? It was by FAR the safest way to put the game in the books then and yesterday. I’m usually fairly open to opposing views and opinions but I’m fighting back in this one. LOL. It isn’t, “Bama loses because they don’t lift weights” bad like I dove into last week, but still…

IMG_1959.jpeg

It would probably serve him well to get some things figured out on this back half of the schedule.
Not only Womacks future but the future for this teams season. Stuggles tend to trend downward and start negatively impacting even the strengths of the team. This thing can snowball if they do not find some answers then we are talking about a lot more losses.

With that said when I check I still see a 5-1 record. I think CNS first year they were similar and then went into a tailspin.

I think this part is probably new to CKD. Team wins but fan base is not happy.. We fully know Bama fans are about more than wins and losses.

I’ll move on as well, but I’m still stunned by the line of thinking. And it isn’t just you, you’re the only one really responding though.

But were you worried when Bama went into victory formation twice 2 weeks ago against UGA? It was by FAR the safest way to put the game in the books then and yesterday. I’m usually fairly open to opposing views and opinions but I’m fighting back in this one. LOL. It isn’t, “Bama loses because they don’t lift weights” bad like I dove into last week, but still…

View attachment 29141
I'm always worried about Bama under center. Agree to move on.

As for "Bama lost because they don't lift?" What??

I'm always worried about Bama under center. Agree to move on.

As for "Bama lost because they don't lift?" What??

There is a poster here who can reveal himself if he wishes, that believes Bama's issues stem from the S&C program and the OL and DL players not being "strong" enough. It's a theme that he defaults to every time Bama loses a game. I pointed out the absurdity of it last week.

There is a poster here who can reveal himself if he wishes, that believes Bama's issues stem from the S&C program and the OL and DL players not being "strong" enough. It's a theme that he defaults to every time Bama loses a game. I pointed out the absurdity of it last week.
Interesting.

Yes, S&C is a major leg of the stool of building a winning culture.......but, to say that a major college football program doesn't push S&C is just plan ignorance.

Every, EVERY, program has S&C and spend tons of money on that program. There isn't a program in America that doesn't push S&C.

We lost because we played like crap and weren't prepared. We didn't lose because we don't have the most top notch specimens of S&C.

Back
Top Bottom