| FTBL šŸˆ South Carolina at Alabama šŸˆ - Post game press conference posted

Offense- They didn't adjust protection OL. They gotta fix that. OC Coach is stubborn.
Defense- Tackling is the issue right now.

I don't know what to say right now. They gotta correct this quick or we will see another loss soon.

Is it time to hit panic button yet? no. They showed at times they are capable of getting job done. It's more of mentality focus right now.

I think the coaching staff almost lost this one. Situational awareness should be on the coaches.

2 minutes left and other team has no time outs. Players should have been told get the first down and then get down inbounds. Donā€™t score a TD. The only way we could lose after getting a 1st down was to scoreā€¦ and we almost did both. Poor coaching.

I think the coaching staff almost lost this one. Situational awareness should be on the coaches.

2 minutes left and other team has no time outs. Players should have been told get the first down and then get down inbounds. Donā€™t score a TD. The only way we could lose after getting a 1st down was to scoreā€¦ and we almost did both. Poor coaching.
Actually... That's exactly what that play call was for... Bernard just happened to be wide open. That wasn't on purpose.

IMO the biggest red flags for this team are
1. No enthusiasm
2. No passion
3.No sense of urgency
4 No fundamentals
Most players are going to follow the lead of coaches especially the head coach. I still support CKD but he has to show more enthusiasm, passion, and sense of urgency. After games like Vanderbilt and South Carolina when you display an, ah-shucks, attitude that a problem. RTR

Play more music at practice and be loose, that appears to be working. I totally understand different philosophies and even those that try to replicate Saban fail 99.9% of the time, but maaan, you can't be an effective leader and be buddies with your employees. Thinking 17-22 year olds can manage reality when they are used to everything being given to them and done for them is a mistake. Saban holding them Ccountable is why he got so much out of them and consistency on top of it. You make their lives easier and you will be taken advantage of.

So now we are upset that we scored with about 2 mins left in the game? That's ridiculous. Scoring a touchdown there and getting it to 8 points is absolutely the right play

I get it happens, but going down inside the 5 was the much safer play. South Carolina couldn't stop the clock at that point, barring a fumbled snap, game was over. And the odds of them driving 75 yards (in just under 2 minutes) and getting the 2 point conversion to tie were much greater than getting a turnover out of the victory formation.

Edit: I'm not a big analytic person when it comes to football, so it isn't really about that. It was just an easy way to end the game on Bama's terms. And it nearly cost them.

Back
Top Bottom