| FTBL Some dude on radio just said that...

At least y'all didn't have bracelet lady clinkety-clinking all night. :x

Not that it will change anything about our game, but I will take special pride and enjoyment when the Gators beat them for like the 18th time in a row.

Well I have to say that the UGA fans aroudn us were very nice, not drunk, and very respectful... I was ashamed of how our student section ( frat and sor ) acted in general... I agree there are some nasty nasty UGA fans.. but dont' think there aren't any Bama fans like that... I can't even count how many flasks were thrown at the UGA team after the game and at halftime.

BamaDelta said:
At least y'all didn't have bracelet lady clinkety-clinking all night. :x

Not that it will change anything about our game, but I will take special pride and enjoyment when the Gators beat them for like the 18th time in a row.

BamaDelta it may be just because I'm a guy but what is it when a lady goes clinkety-clinking?

This may be a really stupid question but it's early on a Monday morning filled with a few obnoxious Barners :D

bad fans and NC flags...

I'm sorry so many of you apparently had bad experiences w/ Georgia fans. I've seen terrible fans from every school, including our own, but it is a pretty rare instance in my experience. I go to nearly every game, and do not know from what woodwork these classless Georgia fans come from because I somehow never see these horror stories you speak of. Anyway, not saying these incidents didn't happen, but I often think it "takes two to tango" and one school's bad fans are often reacting to the other's.

About the NC flags. This is copied from another board. For what it's worth, an eye witness account...

"Before I begin my post I would like to say I was extremely impressed with Alabama ’s campus and stadium. Before this game I had seen UGA play in all the different stadiums except for Ms St, Ark and Ala and I would have to say after visiting Tuscaloosa on Saturday that your stadium and atmosphere is one of the best that Ive seen. Thank you to all of the fans that made our trip so enjoyable. However I will say that post game traffic management was one of the worst experiences of all the campuses but you have to take the good with the bad (which includes those few obnoxious Ala and UGA fans)

Ok enough with the rambling… For those of you listening to the bama post game show some guy called in and was saying that UGA fans took down the banners… Please know that this was not true at all… We were sitting in that section and waited until the section was almost empty before we left and I personally saw the idiot who had the flag rapped around him while his buddies were taking his picture and he was wearing burgundy and a hat with an A on it… Also, the caller said the UGA fans were throwing them over the side... At that time all but one flag was hanging and the stadium ushers were on their radios calling security... I know GA has its fair share of idiots but in this case these were homegrown."

Re: bad fans and NC flags...

BanditDawg said:
I'm sorry so many of you apparently had bad experiences w/ Georgia fans. I've seen terrible fans from every school, including our own, but it is a pretty rare instance in my experience. I go to nearly every game, and do not know from what woodwork these classless Georgia fans come from because I somehow never see these horror stories you speak of. Anyway, not saying these incidents didn't happen, but I often think it "takes two to tango" and one school's bad fans are often reacting to the other's.

About the NC flags. This is copied from another board. For what it's worth, an eye witness account...

"Before I begin my post I would like to say I was extremely impressed with Alabama ’s campus and stadium. Before this game I had seen UGA play in all the different stadiums except for Ms St, Ark and Ala and I would have to say after visiting Tuscaloosa on Saturday that your stadium and atmosphere is one of the best that Ive seen. Thank you to all of the fans that made our trip so enjoyable. However I will say that post game traffic management was one of the worst experiences of all the campuses but you have to take the good with the bad (which includes those few obnoxious Ala and UGA fans)

Ok enough with the rambling… For those of you listening to the bama post game show some guy called in and was saying that UGA fans took down the banners… Please know that this was not true at all… We were sitting in that section and waited until the section was almost empty before we left and I personally saw the idiot who had the flag rapped around him while his buddies were taking his picture and he was wearing burgundy and a hat with an A on it… Also, the caller said the UGA fans were throwing them over the side... At that time all but one flag was hanging and the stadium ushers were on their radios calling security... I know GA has its fair share of idiots but in this case these were homegrown."

The traffic situation WAS getting better..... it was REALLLY REALLY bad this weekend... I thin most of the bad behavior was due to such a late game, and such a hot hot day. I was on campus at 9:30 am... and people were already on there 3 or 4th beer. combine that with heat and 9 more hours of drinking and you are bound to have some roudy people. lol

Congrats Bandit.

I saw behavior by fellow Bama and Georgia fans before the game that was embarassing to both schools. I can't stand the smack talk before the game and the ragging afterwards, but that is just me. I like for the talking to be done on the field.

UGA did the talking on the field and we didn't.

I'm surprised to hear about the traffic problems. I left right when the ref signalled TD (so, basically right with all the other UA fans). I didn't exactly run to my car, but I didn't dilly-dally either. I made it to my hotel in B'ham (Colonnade) in one hour. I'm guessing I was lucky.

BamaDelta said:
Congrats Bandit.

I saw behavior by fellow Bama and Georgia fans before the game that was embarassing to both schools. I can't stand the smack talk before the game and the ragging afterwards, but that is just me. I like for the talking to be done on the field.

I'm surprised to hear about the traffic problems. I left right when the ref signalled TD (so, basically right with all the other UA fans). I didn't exactly run to my car, but I didn't dilly-dally either. I made it to my hotel in B'ham (Colonnade) in one hour. I'm guessing I was lucky.
WOW!!!!!!! we were still sitting on Macfarland and hour and a half after the game...

Nate said:
BamaDelta said:
Congrats Bandit.

WOW!!!!!!! we were still sitting on Macfarland and hour and a half after the game...

I never take McFarland, I go over and catch 359 and dump in on 59/20. The key to going that way is that most everyone thinks the two exit lanes split, right one west and left one east back to Bham. Actually, both continue around the flyover to Bham. Stay right and then merge when you reach 59/20 and it helps.

RTR,

Tim

I sat amongst a few Ga fans and right next to the Ga section. I did not have any problems...In fact we got along with the Ga fans around us. They cheered when their team was doing well, as we did too. They were very cognisant of their behavior, almost too worried. I had guys asking if they were getting on my nerves and asked that I tell them if they were. I told them I expected them to cheer for their team, and if they did not, that I would have zero respect for them. I did see a guy @ the 20 yd. line section flipping off the stands after the game (pink pants/black Ga visor). As for him...He showed his true colors. Rabid Ga fan that has never played the game in his life. He was the guy in the stands in high school that blindly followed the football players around and settled for their leftovers on date night.
Our student section was disgraceful after the game. Plain and simple. These football players fought their hearts out for over 60 minutes. They deserved to celebrate a win like that...without some idiot throwing drinks etc. at them. I hope these guys realize that they are painting a picture of Alabama football for the rest of the country to see. It's pretty easy to tell that very few in our student section have ever suited up.

The wife informed me that one of her coworkers claims to have stolen one of our flags.. whether its true or not I do not know.... but he claims to have it in his cubical at work...

Lenny Kozlowski said:
NEVER TAKE MCFARLAND!!!!! before or after.
before its never been a problem, we used to go down by the hospital and NOBODY went that way,, now they freaking make you go that way... at least from where we park they do.. w ewill probably start taking the back route... or as my dad likes to call it "the curvy road way "

Back
Top Bottom