| RECRUIT So much for the Bama Bounce

Davestwin

We Bama fans constantly hear about the “Bama Bounce” in recruiting from the haters. They basically claim once a player commits to Bama their recruiting rankings go up. It’s actually one of the more embarrassingly silly attacks offered as the same haters on another thread claim Bama should win because they get all of the top players. 🤔Anyway, Rivals recently issued their final rankings and I decided to see how much of a bounce the Bama recruits received. Well, of the 21 players Bama signed in the Rival’s 250, 16 of them dropped in the rankings. And they did so by an average of 15.5 places. Only 5 players moved up and they did so by an average of 9.4 places … 1 player didn’t move. Some Bama bounce!

By the way, does anyone know why Tony Mitchell dropped so much on just about every recruiting ranking services boards? He was a 5 Star at the start of the season on just about all of those boards. I’m assuming he either had a rough senior season or he didn’t perform well in the post season All-American practices/games … but I didn’t see anything to confirm that.

We Bama fans constantly hear about the “Bama Bounce” in recruiting from the haters. They basically claim once a player commits to Bama their recruiting rankings go up. It’s actually one of the more embarrassingly silly attacks offered as the same haters on another thread claim Bama should win because they get all of the top players. 🤔Anyway, Rivals recently issued their final rankings and I decided to see how much of a bounce the Bama recruits received. Well, of the 21 players Bama signed in the Rival’s 250, 16 of them dropped in the rankings. And they did so by an average of 15.5 places. Only 5 players moved up and they did so by an average of 9.4 places … 1 player didn’t move. Some Bama bounce!

By the way, does anyone know why Tony Mitchell dropped so much on just about every recruiting ranking services boards? He was a 5 Star at the start of the season on just about all of those boards. I’m assuming he either had a rough senior season or he didn’t perform well in the post season All-American practices/games … but I didn’t see anything to confirm that.

He probably didn't return their calls or play in their sponsored all-star games. I don't remember what service it was that he sent the au writer on a wild goose chase with (the Bojangles thing on NSD), but I guarantee you, those thin skinned writers/analysts will punish a kid in their rankings who doesn't play ball with them.

He probably didn't return their calls or play in their sponsored all-star games. I don't remember what service it was that he sent the au writer on a wild goose chase with (the Bojangles thing on NSD), but I guarantee you, those thin skinned writers/analysts will punish a kid in their rankings who doesn't play ball with them.

I hate how Rivals dictates their five star ranking and ESPN is always so backwards from everyone else you wonder what the hell they are even doing. Justice Haynes was in the five star territory (1-32) before this last ranking because they had only given like 20 guys five stars. They go by the NFL Draft model, so they increased their five star recruits per the draft numbers, but moved every running back down because they say the NFL devaluation of the position does not relate to first round selections. I think it's dumb to rate a recruit going from high school to college based on what they may do two levels up in the NFL Draft. Funny due to whom they call "busts" based off their flawed metrics and how far off they always are. Anyways, they moved up a lot of receivers, quarterbacks, and defensive linemen, so therefor a lot fell back. Keon Keely, Kaydyn Proctor, and Yhonzae Pierre all made big jumps. Think about it like this too, former #3 Cormani McClain, the #1 corner in this class fell all the way back to #18 because of these same movements. Desmond Ricks was #2 in Class of 2024, reclassified and was at like #10, and is now #30. more about their metric rather than the player. Russaw's fall down was because they didn't see him play in Under Armor or Army All-American game.

More and more I don't put much emphasis on Rivals or ESPN due to their metrics and how much it pisses me off those guys interviewing recruits with a sport coat and a hat on, and not to mention their shitty analysis. I give in though and pay attention just because I'm more curious than anything. Sorry for a long drawn out complainer response, but been waiting to let that loose, ha ha.

I watched him play a number of games this year. I promise you he didn't have a rough senior season. :)

Back
Top Bottom