| LIFE Sitting on the back porch early this morning…

Yep, it's just 82 here in Kennesaw right now, breezy, low humidity. There was a storm over the weekend, so I've got plenty of fuel from the front yard for my fire pit. We had a series of spring/summer storms that have really populated by my back woods with limbs. I'll forage for those and bring a little firewood from the lake and enjoy some fall evenings.

Yep, it's just 82 here in Kennesaw right now, breezy, low humidity. There was a storm over the weekend, so I've got plenty of fuel from the front yard for my fire pit. We had a series of spring/summer storms that have really populated by my back woods with limbs. I'll forage for those and bring a little firewood from the lake and enjoy some fall evenings.

Was thinking about the fire pit today... I picked one up last fall from a local guy who runs a welding business and sells them. Had him put a script A on it... only ended up using it twice all fall/winter... maybe I can at least double that this year... 😆

Was thinking about the fire pit today... I picked one up last fall from a local guy who runs a welding business and sells them. Had him put a script A on it... only ended up using it twice all fall/winter... maybe I can at least double that this year... 😆
I have a friend he live in NC and he does as he call it. A Hootenanny daily around 4-am est.

I'm looking at getting one of these next year for the lake, made in Tuscaloosa, too:

I'm looking at getting one of these next year for the lake, made in Tuscaloosa, too:

Here's the guy that did mine... super nice dude, used to teach shop class at a local HS and then started hos own welding business. He employees a lot of the kids he used to teach and gets them some good experience so that they can find better jobs later, including some who have been dealt a tough hand in life. They do a lot more than fire pits, but he sells a good bit of those. Mark's Outdoors and some other places around the state have parterend with him in the last year or so.

Here's the guy that did mine... super nice dude, used to teach shop class at a local HS and then started hos own welding business. He employees a lot of the kids he used to teach and gets them some good experience so that they can find better jobs later, including some who have been dealt a tough hand in life. They do a lot more than fire pits, but he sells a good bit of those. Mark's Outdoors and some other places around the state have parterend with him in the last year or so.

My HS machine shop teacher was the same way. Talked to him on the phone a few years ago. Loved that man and his life lessons. My first real mentor.

Last edited:

A 41 inch size would work for me over the 48 inch, I just didn't want the 36. I'll have to check it out, thanks. Also, the neat lid from the other place that goes over the 36 inch is 42 inches, I could grab that for a similar look/summer usage.

1724181087989.png

Last edited:
A 41 inch size would work for me over the 48 inch, I just didn't want the 36. I'll have to check it out, thanks. Also, the neat lid from the other place that goes over the 36 inch is 42 inches, I could grab that for a similar look/summer usage.

The lid is definitely the way to go... few extra bucks but well worth it. We use it as a small table when a lot of people are over but it also keeps rain/water from running out the drain hole in the bottom, which I needed to avoid in my case in the event ashes were still inside it.

No fire pit is complete without something that resembles this:

This dude has an add on grate that’s easy to take on and off, but I didn’t get one (yet). Not sure how much I’d use it since I have 3 grills as it is, though I’d absolutely throw some steaks on it at times.

IMG_1437.jpeg

IMG_1436.jpeg

The lid is definitely the way to go... few extra bucks but well worth it. We use it as a small table when a lot of people are over but it also keeps rain/water from running out the drain hole in the bottom, which I needed to avoid in my case in the event ashes were still inside it.

This dude has an add on grate that’s easy to take on and off, but I didn’t get one (yet). Not sure how much I’d use it since I have 3 grills as it is, though I’d absolutely throw some steaks on it at times.

View attachment 28564

View attachment 28565
I may buy the grill even if I go with the other brand. It's 1/4 inch vs. 3/16 like this one (which is what I have now, absolutely plenty). If I'm looking correctly, it looks like there's plenty of play with the threaded tightener for the grill to work on either thickness.

It was 60 degrees this morning in Kennesaw. I dropped the back window on the Tundra and rolled in to work, very nice. Nice to have a hint of fall.

I may buy the grill even if I go with the other brand. It's 1/4 inch vs. 3/16 like this one (which is what I have now, absolutely plenty). If I'm looking correctly, it looks like there's plenty of play with the threaded tightener for the grill to work on either thickness.

Maybe. Here's a better look at it...

430669038_854392459824899_8414381877734178289_n.jpg

412877604_813521583911987_1222126167161205334_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom