| FTBL Should the SEC Championship Game be held rotating campuses?

Should the SEC Champ Game be rotated annually to all SEC School Stadiums?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but exclude Tennessee and Auburn!!!

• No but find another location other than Atlanta

• Yes. Always host at Bryant-Denny by all means!

• Total voters
The Vulcan has a fantasy of seeing the SEC Championship game rotated to all SEC team stadiums.

The Vulcan also realized the fallacy of such ponderings considering televison network protests, corporate sponsorships, and lack of seats at our lesser brethren's fields.

The Vulcan asks: what say you?

No way.... If you have ever been to Atlanta for the SEC championship game, its tons of fun. The big city atmosphere, the publicity that the event gets, the tourist attractions....You cant beat Atlanta.

I dont think it would have the same feel if the SEC championship game was held in Starkville for a game like LSU vs Georgia....actually, it would kinda be boring and uneventful. Atlanta does alot to hype up the event.

I'm not sure I'd want to see the game at campus stadiums. That could pose problems for a lot of people when it came to tickets and such....who sells them....how do you divide up the stadium, because if the home team happened to make it that year you know that their fans will pick up any spare tickets and that would be an unfair advantage.

I would like to see the game go elsewhere other than Atlanta for once. If B'ham ever got a dome ( :lol: ) then it would be great if the game came there, or Nashville, or some other place.

Atlanta is fine.Only problem I have is when UGA is in the game it is home field sorta. It should be neutral.I know it's trivial but any team could argue they want it in there own state.It's not that big of a deal but since you asked thought I'd throw down my opinion.

No...I stick with Atlanta. The Dome is large, whereas some stadiums can't hold that large of a capcity crowd. Where would you have the fanfare? Hotel rooms - Atlanta is a large city - brings in conferences, trade shows, etc - that means the city has the appropriate rooms available for fans, media, corporate sponsors. Activities - what would you do in Starkville? In Atlanta - there things to do; a number of restaurants to choose from. Maybe the only other place in mind would be Nashville?

Unless some drastic changes take place within the SEC , I don't see the game moving in the future.

RTR

BGnGA

yes its close for UGA fans. but I don't think its as bad as it would be if say the game were in Birmingham. Next year when its Bama vs UGA I bet there are more Bama fans there than UGA fans :D

It should be rotated just out of fairness to the other cities. B'ham (with a rennovated L Fld), Nashville, Baton Rouge or Nawlins, Atlanta or Athens, Orlando, Louisville, Columbia and Little Rock could handle the crowds. Right now, Atlanta reaps the rewards (economically) from all of the schools year in and year out. Time to start sharing. The other conferences move their game around.

Why does Atlanta ALWAYS get the big piece of pie and everyone else gets crumbs IF they're lucky?

BeCrimson said:
Why does Atlanta ALWAYS get the big piece of pie and everyone else gets crumbs IF they're lucky?

It's all about MONEY. vatz, I totally disagree with your comment about ATL (what a shocker that I disagree with you :D ). I live in the metro ATL area. Few people in the area embrace the SECCG. Heck, UGA is playing it it, and I've heard nothing about it. No publicity or anything. I guess that's fine, but it's just another event on a given Sat. going on in a big city.

Tigrinum Major said:
BeCrimson said:

Superior city government leadership?

In Atlanta? :shock:

You've obviously never lived here. Nope, govt. here is as corrupt in B'ham. It's all about the all-mighty dollar and nothing more. ATL offers them more dollars than any other city.

BamaDelta said:
Tigrinum Major said:
BeCrimson said:
[Why does Atlanta ALWAYS get the big piece of pie and everyone else gets crumbs IF they're lucky?

You've obviously never lived here. Nope, govt. here is as corrupt in B'ham. It's all about the all-mighty dollar and nothing more. ATL offers them more dollars than any other city.

Correct, I have never lived there. But Birmingham's government has no vision. None. Atlanta might be corrupt, but they have some ambition.

Haven't they been talking about building a new stadium in Memphis. That would be a great town to visit for the game.

Yeah, I think the leaders of B'ham have bigger problems on their hand than to worry about the SEC title game coming back one day. But, they don't have the foresight to deal with those problems either so I see B'ham further going down in quality for a long time to come before anything changes.

BamaDelta said:
BeCrimson said:

It's all about MONEY. vatz, I totally disagree with your comment about ATL (what a shocker that I disagree with you :D ). I live in the metro ATL area. Few people in the area embrace the SECCG. Heck, UGA is playing it it, and I've heard nothing about it. No publicity or anything. I guess that's fine, but it's just another event on a given Sat. going on in a big city.

Well, you may be right about the people not embracing it... But the atmosphere is still great with all the fans in town. I remember last year riding the MARTA and all the trains were filled with Auburn fans. We were yelling and shouting all the way to downtown....great feeling.

BamaDelta said:
Tigrinum Major said:
BeCrimson said:

Atlanta has the second most corrupt government of any Southern city I've ever lived in (with New Orleans being the worst). I'd like to see the game rotate in order to spread the wealth around the region. Lots of bucks come with the fans and it's a shame to see a city that doesn't even have an SEC team get all the financial windfall that comes with the game. Of the two teams that go, the team with the best record (or highest ranking in case of a tie) should host the game.

Obviously, each of the campus towns are able to handle the crowds associated with a large football game. They all do it each fall for several months. It IS all about money and it's a shame that the cities that host the SECC teams don't get more of it.

Back
Top Bottom