| FTBL Should Alabama go after Justin Flowe?

No disagreement there.

Just having metchie n Williams. We all know. Without wanting to be whiners ....had they not gone down in CFPs. But part of game I know

That team overcame mediocre coaching. To be on door step of a nc. BY is that good

I agree with that. I think it's ok to say Bama likely wins the national title if the guys were healthy while also saying UGA played a great game and deserved it by beating us regardless. It shouldn't matter to UGA fans who was hurt... It sure wouldn't bother me if we beat them (or anyone) else for a title and some of their key players were out (like has sort of happened in the past to a degree).

I agree with that. I think it's ok to say Bama likely wins the national title if the guys were healthy while also saying UGA played a great game and deserved it by beating us regardless. It shouldn't matter to UGA fans who was hurt... It sure wouldn't bother me if we beat them (or anyone) else for a title and some of their key players were out (like has sort of happened in the past to a degree).
But if Colt hadn't got hurt. Lol

Thats why i choose not to say anything

UTx and whining

I really like Latham and Booker. Seth is solid, would certainly help him if he can stay healthy. I wouldn't be opposed to an upgrade there via portal if there was one that was a clear upgrade. Would imagine Ferguson gets the first crack at guard opposite Booker in spring, but Jaeden Roberts should push him. Can Pritchett slide into the RT spot and do well? I hope so, and he'll get the chance. I sure wouldn't mind them grabbing 3 guys from the portal though that they feel can play or at the very least, add quality (experienced) depth, especially at tackle.

Who in the incoming freshman OL class is most ready to contribute? I know it's not the norm for frosh OL, but at Alabama it has been pretty much the norm. There are some giant kids in the incoming OL class. Need the next Booker to be able to come in and move people.

Who in the incoming freshman OL class is most ready to contribute? I know it's not the norm for frosh OL, but at Alabama it has been pretty much the norm. There are some giant kids in the incoming OL class. Need the next Booker to be able to come in and move people.

No idea honestly. @TerryP may have an idea. Until they get on campus I don't really pay them much attention these days. I follow recruiting from a distance. I've heard they really like the down-the-road potential of that kid from Finland though. And Wolford was given a lot of trust in his evaluations... No coincidence that, like you alluded to, they are bringing in (and keeping) some monsters.

I hope that Coach Saban will look at all that are in the portal. Not jump to the first one. We have two now that has hardly played this year!

No idea honestly. @TerryP may have an idea. Until they get on campus I don't really pay them much attention these days. I follow recruiting from a distance.
Last year, about this time, I heard the words "great potential" a lot when talking about Booker. It wasn't until after spring camp that I came to believe he could easily see a lot of action—possibly start—this past fall. While I've backed away from following recruiting this last season I've still maintained contact with folks and I haven't heard anyone's name pop.
I've heard they really like the down-the-road potential of that kid from Finland though.
Out of the offensive lineman committed, he's the only one of the five (including in inline TE, Lockwood) that isn't an early enrollee.

Since I haven't been following these guys I went spelunking for a while on the commit's for this class. There's two things that jump out.

If you look at the frame of the guys coming in—hell, not much different than this years basketball team—there's a lot more length than the past few years.

It's Coach Wolf's second season. We'll get a better grasp on how the guys do under him next fall. I'm led to believe a shift in offensive philosophy is on its way. We'll see. 🤷‍♂️

It's Coach Wolf's second season. We'll get a better grasp on how the guys do under him next fall. I'm led to believe a shift in offensive philosophy is on its way. We'll see.
I thought the OL improved throughout the year. Run blocking improved the most it seemed. Bryce getting hurt and the WR's not finding the elite go to guy to me is what hampered the offense. I guess you could salso ay BoB's play calling but pretty sure all of his calls would have looked better with the 2020/2021 WR's.

Back
Top Bottom