| FTBL Seniors - Who Comes Back?

Tidestalker

Sounds funny... But yes, Seniors can technically come back with the NCAA ruling of the "0 Year" due to COVID. (Which BTW makes this the worst year ever to be a HS Senior. Touch luck!)

I have not heard how this will impact football scholarship #'s, maybe @TerryP can shed some light? But I'm assuming there will be an expansion.

Kind of crazy to think about, but there is a potential for a 5th, 6th, and even 7th year for certain guys! (Looking at you #40 :))

Do any of these guys use it?

Seniors:
-Najee Harris
-Thomas Fletcher
-Alex Latherwood
-Carl Tucker

Redshirt Seniors:
-Ben Davis
-Dionte Brown
-Chris Owens
-Miller Forristal
-Josh McMillon

RTR

Looks to be fairly unlikely for most of those fellas.

-The long snapper, Fletcher, could make some sense. If he has NFL aspirations, not sure how much his stock would rise with another year. But if he loves to play college football, I'm thinking CNS would love to have a very experienced guy back in that role. I can't recall us having another one in the works (not typically a highly publicized position lol)

-Maybe Carl Tucker?! He's gotten to play quite a bit on blocking downs, but with Foristall leaving (assuming), maybe he gets some receiving opportunities.

-Even though it's a 6th year, Ben Davis seems like a case that could make sense. He finally moved up the depth chart this season and has battled the health issues over the years. The problem would be the youth ahead of him... But tough to get a legit NFL look with such limited film. I'm sure he would like that opportunity

-Lastly, maybe Chris Owens?? Seems to be our rotational 6th man this season. With Dickerson & Brown as obvious NFL draft picks, there is a legit opportunity for him to start and make an impact at OC or OG. Of all these guys, I would think CNS would welcome the idea with him the most.

I have not heard how this will impact football scholarship #'s, maybe @TerryP can shed some light? But I'm assuming there will be an expansion.
There isn't anything new on how they'll handle numbers for next season (in any sports as far as I know.)

-Maybe Carl Tucker?! He's gotten to play quite a bit on blocking downs, but with Foristall leaving (assuming), maybe he gets some receiving opportunities.
Ya know, he's really not played a lot this season. Miller has around 8X as many snaps this season with Tucker missing out on two games already.

Personally, I don’t see any of these guys staying. Tucker might use it. He is a grad transfer if I’m not mistaken AND we aren’t going to be as deep at TE next fall.

Sounds funny... But yes, Seniors can technically come back with the NCAA ruling of the "0 Year" due to COVID. (Which BTW makes this the worst year ever to be a HS Senior. Touch luck!)

Kind of crazy to think about, but there is a potential for a 5th, 6th, and even 7th year for certain guys! (Looking at you #40 :))

Do any of these guys use it?

Seniors:
-Najee Harris
-Thomas Fletcher
-Alex Latherwood
-Carl Tucker

Redshirt Seniors:
-Ben Davis
-Dionte Brown
-Chris Owens
-Miller Forristal
-Josh McMillon

RTR

B Rob... I could see staying another year for sure. You didn’t list him.

Tucker, McMilon, Owens, Davis, Foreistal are all good possibilities as I doubt they are drafted highly. It depends on what they want to do in the future and if they want to stay in college another year. I doubt they make an NFL career past a practice squad for a few years.

B Rob... I could see staying another year for sure. You didn’t list him.

Tucker, McMilon, Owens, Davis, Foreistal are all good possibilities as I doubt they are drafted highly. It depends on what they want to do in the future and if they want to stay in college another year. I doubt they make an NFL career past a practice squad for a few years.

Man... I missed him on my list. Great point on Robinson. He's shown some signs of being a really good back, but likely won't get the carries to really help his draft stock

Forristal is having a really nice year and if he finishes healthy, he's gone. It won't get much better for him!

It would make sense for Robinson to come back. He needs to and we could use him next year especially with Sanders issues with the car wreck. He could be the featured back and would certainly bring experience in the backfield.

It would make sense for Robinson to come back. He needs to and we could use him next year especially with Sanders issues with the car wreck. He could be the featured back and would certainly bring experience in the backfield.

Agreed. I would feel a heck of a lot better with him or K. Robinson back in the fold... Robinson more so... Especially after the Sanders news today

Back
Top Bottom