| FTBL Say Something Good About The STATE of South Carolina

I think TC has calmed down with the attitude stuff. enough of us regular folks have moved in.
Attitude may be indigenous to SC. It was one of the first things I noticed when I moved here and was looking around downtown. I stopped at this place called "Henry's," sat at the bar and had a beer. A guy next to me looked at my tweed sports coat and asked, "what brand is that?"

After no consideration at all I told him it was from the "Asshole Unlimited" line and "why the hell are you asking me questions like that?" As I came to find out, he considered himself "Charleston Blue Blood."

IF there is an area of the country that until this days is still divided in their own little enclaves? The Low country qualifies and likely tops the list.

I think it's a small town attitude that's still prevalent around the country. Any town where they talk more about high school than anything else that's taken place in their lives.
Yes, I agree. And, that's an interesting thought. I'd say that definitely applies to Summerville.

My first thought went back a century or more and, coincidentally, is related to the earlier mention of Hobcaw. W. Ashley, Goose Creek, Mt. Pleasant, and parts of the peninsula were only accessed by boat. So, as those small communities grew they also developed their own "attitude."

Like Hobcaw, separated by water ... 🤷‍♂️

Attitude may be indigenous to SC. It was one of the first things I noticed when I moved here and was looking around downtown. I stopped at this place called "Henry's," sat at the bar and had a beer. A guy next to me looked at my tweed sports coat and asked, "what brand is that?"

After no consideration at all I told him it was from the "Asshole Unlimited" line and "why the hell are you asking me questions like that?" As I came to find out, he considered himself "Charleston Blue Blood."

IF there is an area of the country that until this days is still divided in their own little enclaves? The Low country qualifies and likely tops the list.
I submit the Murdaugh family as Exhibit A

One of the best states in the union. As with any state, that’s because of the people. Georgia used to be that type of state but the retirees from NY and NJ along with the mass influx of left coast folks who followed the film industry here have ruined metro Atlanta and that cancer has metastasized. If I wasn’t old and stuck in my ways I’d be looking at South Texas or Montana. Back when I played a lot of golf, a couple of other states like SC would have been on the list. As it is, I will make do with what Georgia’s becoming too quickly and be that rare breed around here … someone who was born here, lived his entire life here and the Good Lord willing will die here. (If you’re wondering how I became such a rabid Bama fan? My dad and his family for generations back called Tuscaloosa home. WW II and the Cold War that followed led him to Georgia … fwiw.)

True. Some things just are what they are.

Back
Top Bottom