| FTBL "Michigan by Eight"

Bama and a lot of team's struggles at AU....Bama especially...to win...is a relief

What michigan hasnt had to deal with is....a QB like Milroe...and a HC like Saban...
Looking at Big 10...( with no telling how many teams now)...there are several sec teams they would struggle with ...because of big fast mobile QBs...

We will need milroe to play a great game....

I simply don't think they have seen the speed we have. Ohio State is the only team they play that has a roster of athletes similar to ours, but they aren't near as athletic or as fast as our boys. Their linebackers can't run like Lawson. The outside backers can't rush like Turner and Braswell. Their secondary isn't as physical as Arnold, Moore, and Downs. Offensively, they probably have us when comparing the running backs, but their quarterback cannot match Milroe's athleticism. Their receivers are nowhere near the speed of Bond, Burton, Prentice, and Law. Their tight ends are more like Dippre, but nowhere near the athleticism of Niblack.

I'm cautious to say it'll be a blowout for the sake of being humble and not getting bent out of shape if the first quarter isn't 50-0 us, but I expect it to be a hard fought opening quarter and then we impose our will defensively and wear them down offensively.

Not really. He can play a Greg Mac game and Bama takes this one.

I've only begun to look at this game...and I don't see how they move the ball against defense other than a few scripted series. The game, while shortened, will look closer than it is.

I'd find the video but I'm cooking a pork loin today...along with a few things.

Two games this season I've seen teams quit when one of their defensive players got a "Jalen stiff arm."

I think when JM didnt have an exceptional game....orhalf...we made a lot of teams look good...
when he kicked in...they looked unbeatable

It's a little second hand - not Ferris Bueller quality - but Harbaugh's sister lives in Kansas City, and Jim was in for a visit this past weekend. It's just a few doors down from a long-time friend, and he's conversational with the sister's husband (Harbaugh's brother in-law). Said Jim was very confident in the game, and pronounced, "Michigan by Eight".

That sounds about right, they should have 8 more penalties than we do.

Here's an example of why I laugh at some people and their "analysis."

"Just look at Auburn, 6-6, and how Bama struggled."

Without saying it, they are suggesting Michigan changes their entire offensive scheme. Freeze and his misdirection? It's all he's coached. Harbaugh, and his approach? Hasn't changed.

While you can script a few series, you can't change the team.

Yeah Terry, I know you have heard it a few times since you seem to watch CNS on McAfee's show. Saban has said more than once that coaches make a mistake when they tell their team, "It's just the next game up" and then change everything they have been doing for the next game up. Says it sends a bad message to the Team as a whole and that makes sense to me.

Yeah Terry, I know you have heard it a few times since you seem to watch CNS on McAfee's show. Saban has said more than once that coaches make a mistake when they tell their team, "It's just the next game up" and then change everything they have been doing for the next game up. Says it sends a bad message to the Team as a whole and that makes sense to me.
The thing is, Greg, I said the same thing leading into the LSU game in '11. Even with the L in the regular season, there was no reason to change what the team was doing.

Back
Top Bottom