| FTBL Sark seems to be proving … again … that great coordinators don’t necessarily make great head coaches.

Sark has been taking a lot of heat since the second half collapse against OU but nothing like he’s been receiving since losing to lowly Kansas yesterday. Not every great coordinator can become a great head coach … though it seems they will keep trying just to as long as someone’s willing to keep giving them a shot.

Can we give him 2 years before we bury him?! Dang.

Can we give him 2 years before we bury him?! Dang.
Just to be clear, my point wasn’t about burying Sark per se … it was about burying the notion that a great coordinator will automatically equate to a great head coach. In Sark’s case, he’s not had great success in two previous head coaching opportunities but he’s always been an elite coordinator. Maybe third time’s the charm as HC? As for me, I’m a big believer in giving coaches enough time to build their own program but the money they’re paid now doesn’t seem to lend itself to patience among most program’s fan bases. The question is what’s the right amount of time? Almost everyone agrees one year isn’t enough and seven (Fuentes) is too much.

Here's the problem according to one fan.

FEezz2rWUAA1Pef

I'll be honest, I thought Texas was stupid to fire Todd Herman last year.
Here's the problem according to one fan.

FEezz2rWUAA1Pef
The university has no intention of getting control over the "Wokeness" because that institution is the one causing it. American Universities are a cancer to society, staffed by morons and primarily geared to teach the next generation of morons who (until this system collapses) will in turn teach the next generation of morons. Outside of disciplined professions such as accounting, engineering, IT, and medicine, American Universities offer no value to the world and should be liquidated.

I'll be honest, I thought Texas was stupid to fire Todd Herman last year.

The university has no intention of getting control over the "Wokeness" because that institution is the one causing it. American Universities are a cancer to society, staffed by morons and primarily geared to teach the next generation of morons who (until this system collapses) will in turn teach the next generation of morons. Outside of disciplined professions such as accounting, engineering, IT, and medicine, American Universities offer no value to the world and should be liquidated.
Even in those disciplines the exposure to liberal degeneracy is ruinous.

In "more pressing" news on this story. Why is there no more attention paid to Sark receiving a couple or three "votes of confidence" this past week from the AD, boosters, et. al.? Is that to appease the fan base?

Texas ex Brian Jones, now a national college football analyst for CBS Sports, said Friday he knows of five to six “heavy-handed donors” who are pressuring coach Steve Sarkisian to play certain players based on their race.

On 104.9 The Horn, UT’s flagship radio station, Jones said Alabama coach Nick Saban warned Sarkisian about taking the UT job and “it’s just a shame, man.”

“I thought we were all in this to win,” Jones said on The Horn. “And there’s no way you’re going to win when you’re asking or trying to dictate to your head coach who plays and in some instances it’s crossing color lines, which is definitely unfortunate.

“But I’m not terribly surprised there, either,” Jones continued. “All you have to do is revisit those emails last year, a year and a half ago when we were discussing The Eyes of Texas. So, it's just a huge shame and it needs to stop right now.”

While boarding a flight in Austin to leave for Morgantown, W. Va., Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte said, “That’s completely untrue. None of that’s true. That’s the most absurd thing I’ve ever heard. Absolutely absurd.”

Back
Top Bottom