| FTBL Sark seems to be proving … again … that great coordinators don’t necessarily make great head coaches.

Davestwin

Sark has been taking a lot of heat since the second half collapse against OU but nothing like he’s been receiving since losing to lowly Kansas yesterday. Not every great coordinator can become a great head coach … though it seems they will keep trying just to as long as someone’s willing to keep giving them a shot.

Sark has been taking a lot of heat since the second half collapse against OU but nothing like he’s been receiving since losing to lowly Kansas yesterday. Not every great coordinator can become a great head coach … though it seems they will keep trying just to as long as someone’s willing to keep giving them a shot.
Yep.
Mike Dubose was a world class defensive line coach, a really really good defensive coordinator, and as a head coach….

I firmly believe that in the right spot, Sark could be a very good HC. But the fit has to be right, and while Texas has a ceiling as high as anyone, it is going to take a special type of person/coach to not just have success, but have sustained success. Bad news for them is, there aren't many out there to choose from. I will say, I didn't expect it to be this bad, this fast for Sark there though. It has been an absolute disaster. He's going to get a shot to turn it around, but talk about threading a needle...

I think Sark can get Texas successful if he gets the time.

Boosters, fans, and media are wanting him to make gold out of monkey sh*t. The cupboards were/are bare and I think if given the time to get his players he could be successful. If not I’m almost positive he’ll be welcomed back to T-town

The cupboards were/are bare and I think if given the time to get his players he could be successful.

The cupboards at Texas couldn’t be more bare than the ones at Kansas.
There's a lot of truth here that Sark needs time to implement "his program." But let's not go down the road of there being a talent dearth in Austin. That's simply not the case. No one will argue OU doesn't have more talent than Texas but we'll damn sure find a lot that will argue Texas has more talent on hand the Kansas, or Baylor, or Arkansas, or Oklahoma State, or Iowa State. It's not a talent issue at Texas.

We talk of players buying in. Sark has staff members who haven't. And, if you like, we can get into the "powers that be" having their voice. In my opinion, right now, it's not the latter creating the issues we saw yesterday.

If they get off his ass and allow him a chance to put it together Texas will be good. Saban lost to freaking Louisiana Monroe his first year at Alabama. This just shows the Texas boosters are idiots and cannot be satisfied. They need to go back to the oil fields or back to their cattle ranches.

There's a lot of truth here that Sark needs time to implement "his program." But let's not go down the road of there being a talent dearth in Austin. That's simply not the case. No one will argue OU doesn't have more talent than Texas but we'll damn sure find a lot that will argue Texas has more talent on hand the Kansas, or Baylor, or Arkansas, or Oklahoma State, or Iowa State. It's not a talent issue at Texas.

We talk of players buying in. Sark has staff members who haven't. And, if you like, we can get into the "powers that be" having their voice. In my opinion, right now, it's not the latter creating the issues we saw yesterday.
I’m guessing the staff isn’t buying in?

I’m guessing the staff isn’t buying in?
We talk of players buying in. Sark has staff members who haven't.
I don't find the relationship between Saban and those on the Dolphins much different than what Sark is dealing with in Austin: players and staff alike.

The "support system" in Austin for the football program has its issues that have been a handicap to Sark much like it was Herman, Strong, and the like. As I've been saying for weeks now this is a deep issue there that goes much farther than you'll see being discussed on a national stage.

My opinion has not changed. He won't be there long unless there are some drastic changes within. Personally, I don't see Sark "cut of the cloth" to be able to pull it off.

Geez! The guy has been on the job less than a year. It takes a little time to change the culture of the team and program. If given the time, he should be able to have a decent year next year and then the 3 or 4th year, everyone should be able to see if the ship has been turned in the right direction.

Texas has a behind the office issue. They are reminding me of Tennessee. expectations high, delivery poor. Although the hire Tennessee made is a very good improvement, the powers to be are trigger happy. Its a right now mentality or your gone. Sark, is a great coach, give him time they will be fine, Texas doesnt have time they will keep making the same mistakes. Then get Pole dancing monkey stomped in the SEC.

Back
Top Bottom