| FTBL Saban's PC from today...

• Thread starter imported_Porter
  • Start date
Cool thax for the link! ROFL meet with the Ole Miss Qb!!

He seems to be in a bad mood. Media is making him mad. He kinda sounds sick to?

I think you should make this a sticky! This should answer all questions!

Best statement is we're not going to win any games because were Alabama.

The stupidity of some of the questions never cease to amaze me. I loved the answer Saban gave regarding (the lack of) Castille's INT's this season.

Who can blame him for becoming impatient, answering the same dumb@ss questions over and over again?Personally, I think it is refreshing to have a coach that will tell it like it is.

HiTide said:
The stupidity of some of the questions never cease to amaze me. I loved the answer Saban gave regarding (the lack of) Castille's INT's this season.

Who can blame him for becoming impatient, answering the same dumb@ss questions over and over again?Personally, I think it is refreshing to have a coach that will tell it like it is.

Don't worry Castille going ok to meet with Ole Miss QB to get more INT's

Optimus said:
Cool thax for the link! ROFL meet with the Ole Miss Qb!!

He seems to be in a bad mood. Media is making him mad. He kinda sounds sick to?

I think you should make this a sticky! This should answer all questions!

Best statement is we're not going to win any games because were Alabama.

He's been fighting one of those "hot weather colds."

I had a IM the other day from another Bama fan asking about whether I recognized a certain reporters voice during one of the PC's. His description was along the lines of, "Everytime he opens his mouth, it's just a stupid question." It's nothing new, but is getting worse.

Can anyone say they are surprised?!? We've seen the quality of written articles degenerate over the last 12-15 years. Hell, they can hear something that is clear cut and still twist its meaning.

It reminds me of a guy who was trying to sell me a subscription the other day in the Super K-mart when I ran in to buy some small thing real quick. I told him, if there is anything I want to read in the paper, I'll just look it up online. His retort? "But there is more in the paper." If he wasn't a nice older fella I would have responded with a "more drivel" comment.

So many PC's seem to be a time to ask a lot of questiosn when their MAY be only one or two that need to be answered. Because of this the coach is subjected to stupid, time-wasting questions when he could be spending time preparing for a game.

Good stuff PH! I think if you can read between the lines (sometimes very big lines, so not much interpreting is necessary) one can get the answers to big questions,... like... why is it that JPW seem to be struggling. Two BIG reasons are answered here.
When asked about JPW's int late in the game:

I think you have to be smart. The first read on that play was open, and the decision should have been made to throw to the guy. We create our own issues when we start to scramble in the pocket when we really don’t have any pressure. When we get ¾ the way scrambling, we decide to throw to the check-down, which would have been o.k. earlier in the down, but especially in that situation in the game, you’ve got to be smart, and make a smart decision and judgment as to what we do.”

shipley00 said:
Good stuff PH! I think if you can read between the lines (sometimes very big lines, so not much interpreting is necessary) one can get the answers to big questions,... like... why is it that JPW seem to be struggling. Two BIG reasons are answered here.
When asked about JPW's int late in the game:

I think you have to be smart. The first read on that play was open, and the decision should have been made to throw to the guy. We create our own issues when we start to scramble in the pocket when we really don’t have any pressure. When we get ¾ the way scrambling, we decide to throw to the check-down, which would have been o.k. earlier in the down, but especially in that situation in the game, you’ve got to be smart, and make a smart decision and judgment as to what we do.”

Saban did answer pretty much everything.

A couple of the things a lot of the LSU fans were telling me when Saban was hired included I wouldn't find out what was going on with the team because of how tightly closed the football office was going to be.

Fact is, that hasn't been the case.

Another thing they said is I wouldn't like the way he handled the press conferences.

Again, hasn't been the case.

The point about the press conferences is that they felt he could share a lot more information than he did when he was in Baton Rouge. Granted, I didn't watch the pressers when he was there, but their description of these conferences has been far from the truth.

When he first arrived and began talking about the team I wondered if there was a lot to be read between the lines. A few weeks after that Cecil penned a column mentioning the same thing in public. Saban may not come out and say, "here's what is going on" or "here's the problem" but if you take what he says, as a whole, and put it in context it's pretty clear what is going on with the team.

I don't want to prejudge what a lot of these reporters mention when they cover these pressers, but it seemingly is become more and more clear that they either don't get it, or are just choosing to ignore it. It's a question I can't answer.

Take what Shipley is quoting here.

Last year, we saw JPW scrambling time and time again because the OL had severe breakdowns. Now, when JPW senses the same thing is about to happen, he moves into a different mind set. You know, JPW was very adept at passing when he was rolling out when he was in high school. In fact, during his RS year and during his frosh year he still had that skill set. BUT, then we have a system in place that Shula wanted the QB to stay in the pocket all the time. To avoid the sack, he had to break out.

Most of you guys probably saw comments about Shula and the NFL hangover. Now, we are seeing a Shula hangover.

We all know we need to see intensity all the time.

This is just an opinion... but I fear that when JPW sees the intensity diminishing with his line he goes back to what he's experienced, mentally.

The more I've thought about that, the more sense it makes. If you are thinking about avoiding a sack you aren't on your game. Your mindset isn't on the play which always translates into fundamental breakdowns. (translated: mechanics)

We are still seeing breakdowns on the OL. Combine that with their history the last couple of years.

Leads to this question...

We know there is an intensity problem. IS there a trust problem as well? As in, JPW trusting the OL to give him the time and space to do what needs to be done? It very well may not be anything more than a thought, and not a one on the fore-front of his mind.

The dumb questions remind me of the time Coach Bryant was caught at the end of the first half by a little sideline reporterette who asked him, "Coach Bryant, why were you throwing the ball with less than two minutes to go in the half and a 13-point lead?"

He said, "I was tryin' to score."

Never heard from that gal again.

TerryP said:
IS there a trust problem as well? As in, JPW trusting the OL to give him the time and space to do what needs to be done? It very well may not be anything more than a thought, and not a one on the fore-front of his mind.

Ding Ding! I think you nailed it. If I got pounded on last season as much as JP did (don't forget he watched from the sidelines as even the AU cheerleaders were sacking Brodie) I might be a little jumpy as well. For now, I will just have faith the staff can reduce that, if not eliminate that all together with time.

Back
Top Bottom