| FTBL Saban tells Crimson Tide to 'buy in' or hit the road

It's just a matter of time before he gets the process in place, I believe he will start it next season. He is going to clean house after the bowl game of all the shula dead weight that don't want to do the process. Who are the players on the team that don't want the process specifically and what do they have against it? Can you just yank a scholorship from a player who has been with the program for three years or does it set a bad precident? [/quote]

McTider said:
It's just a matter of time before he gets the process in place, I believe he will start it next season. He is going to clean house after the bowl game of all the shula dead weight that don't want to do the process. Who are the players on the team that don't want the process specifically and what do they have against it? Can you just yank a scholorship from a player who has been with the program for three years or does it set a bad precident?

Some names are floating around out there, but we are not going to allow them to be listed on the forum. When/if certain players are in fact dismissed or transfer, we will list them.

As far as scholarships go, they are renewable on a yearly basis. They can be taken away, but as long as a kid is doing what is asked/expected, Coach Saban is not going to just kick him to the curb. He will either help him transfer to another school, or place him on academic scholarship and allow him to remain at UA (and perhaps even with the team in some capacity), he would just no longer be on the team.

Not saying Saban booted this kid, but does anyone know anything about Matt Collins? He was only a junior last year so I'm wondering what happened to the guy.

Argo said:
Not saying Saban booted this kid, but does anyone know anything about Matt Collins? He was only a junior last year so I'm wondering what happened to the guy.

He was on special teams, other than that I don't know.

Bama Bo said:
Argo said:

Thanks Bo. I know I hadn't seen him any so I was just wondering if he was still on the team.

Argo said:
Bama Bo said:
Argo said:

Thanks Bo. I know I hadn't seen him any so I was just wondering if he was still on the team.

He got shuffled down the depth chart at DE (he was one of those players that didn't fit well at all in Saban's 3-4). He did win the Outstanding Senior Scholar Award at the team banquet earlier this month.

Bama Bo said:
Argo said:

He was honored with other seniors. He was a 'tweener in Saban's scheme, and was out of the shuffle for defensive snaps.

www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071118/SPORTS/711180332/1002

TUSCALOOSA -- Twenty-two Alabama seniors were honored in pre-game ceremonies at Bryant-Denny Stadium on Saturday, including Deatsville walk-on Morgan Garner and Brantley's Marcel Stamps.

Garner, a former Stanhope Elmore High standout, was joined by his parents at midfield just prior to the kickoff of Saturday's game with UL-Monroe. Stamps, a senior linebacker, was among 15 scholarship athletes honored, including guard Justin Britt, receivers Keith Brown, Matt Caddell and DJ Hall, tackle Chris Capps, defensive backs Simeon Castille, Marcus Carter and Eric Gray, defensive end Wallace Gilberry and linebackers Keith Saunders and Demarcus Waldrop.

"I was just thinking about my whole career," Castille said. "It's really been a journey for me and all the seniors. This is definitely not how we pictured going out, having our last game in Bryant-Denny Stadium, but I've definitely had some great times in the stadium. In my opinion, the good outweighs the bad."

A trio of former walk-ons who earned scholarships were also honored: placekicker Jamie Christensen and linebackers Matt Collins and Darren Mustin.

The remaining seniors honored were walk-ons: Joshua Curry, Trent Dean, Courtney Moore, Forress Rayford, Layne Rinks and Darwin Salaam.

I was thinking of this too

BamaHubMan said:
This has overtones of "Junction, Texas".

I am enjoying the process.

There are some great stories being made at Alabama, right now.

I believe that in a few years it will start to come out. There are some Bama football heroes being developed.

Back
Top Bottom