| FTBL Saban tells Crimson Tide to 'buy in' or hit the road

Saban is in the process of evaluating those younger players and several of them, perhaps as many as a dozen, will be encouraged to transfer to other schools in search of more playing time.

I've heard 12, I've heard more. I wonder where these numbers are coming from. I also wonder how may freshmen will be starting next season.

This has overtones of "Junction, Texas".

I am enjoying the process.

There are some great stories being made at Alabama, right now.

I believe that in a few years it will start to come out. There are some Bama football heroes being developed.

Whatever coach Saban needs to do to make the team "his", then I am all for it. He needs uncondtional support from his players. They have to be 100 percent into it if they want to be in Sugar Bowls, or Fiesta Bowls, or Orange Bowls.

I am giving this team two years before they are a perennial top 5/top 10 team every year. A powerhouse is re-awakening.

He is enforcing his new "NO HANGDOGGIN POLICY", and to those that do wish to hangdog.. dont let the door hit you in the A$$.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RTR

There will be at least 10-12 players who will not be returning. In order for BAMA to sign 25 guys this season and be under the 85 maximum limit next year, at least 10 spots are going to have to be freed up. I don't think it is going to be quite as dramatic as some seem to think, but there very well could be a couple of names on the list that surprise some folks. A couple will probably be medical hardship cases and the rest will likely be transfers. Some could even elect to stay on the team and pay their own way or continue work with the team in some regard, and stay on scholarship (just not a football scholarship). Attrition happens every year, it will just be double or possibly triple this time what it normally is.

I'm ready for it. I would much rather young guys who are giving it there all make mistakes than the older guys making them who don't care.
If this sets us back a year or so ,I am all for it.
You gotta get it right from the begining.

Porterhouse said:
There will be at least 10-12 players who will not be returning. In order for BAMA to sign 25 guys this season and be under the 85 maximum limit next year, at least 10 spots are going to have to be freed up. I don't think it is going to be quite as dramatic as some seem to think, but there very well could be a couple of names on the list that surprise some folks. A couple will probably be medical hardship cases and the rest will likely be transfers. Some could even elect to stay on the team and pay their own way or continue work with the team in some regard, and stay on scholarship (just not a football scholarship). Attrition happens every year, it will just be double or possibly triple this time what it normally is.

14 will be asked to leave or what not. I will send you the names if you havent got them already.

Missing Ring

Fantastic article, thanks for the poster

I just read the book Missing Ring. CNS is doing the same things that the book says the Bear did when he was developing his championship teams. He ran off a lot of players that didn't have it. The blueprint for winning has not changed in 1000 years. We must support the coach completely.

He had me at hello.

I have 14 on my list as well. I think that a couple of these will continue on non football scholarships because of injury issues.

Porterhouse said:

The real question is when. I'm guessing sometime soon after the bowl game.

Tider 27 said:
Porterhouse said:

The real question is when. I'm guessing sometime soon after the bowl game.

Yes, after the bowl game.

Back
Top Bottom