| FTBL Saban reacts "angrily" to Tubbs firing....

Atlanta_Tider said:
bamafan4ever said:
Good grief. Some of the Barners are saying that he made this statement as a "recruiting tactic". :roll:

I just don't know how Saban sleeps at night being so diabolical and all.
HE does not sleep at all!!! Not during ball season!

I bet he's watchim tape right now,trying to figure out what makes tebow cry.

Number1TideFan19 said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
bamafan4ever said:
Good grief. Some of the Barners are saying that he made this statement as a "recruiting tactic". :roll:

The only thing that makes Tim Tebow cry is seeing orphan children who have lost their legs.

Unfortunately, Nick Saban has bought all the seats behind Florida's sideline and given the tickets to an orphanage for amputees.

imalive1459 said:
Number1TideFan19 said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
bamafan4ever said:

The only thing that makes Tim Tebow cry is seeing orphan children who have lost their legs.

Unfortunately, Nick Saban has bought all the seats behind Florida's sideline and given the tickets to an orphanage for amputees.

:shock:

TerryP said:
This notion of one bad season needs to be dismissed.

You guys do realize he's barely over .500 in SEC play the last three seasons, right?

But, as far as Saban's reactions, if you think for a second that he cared about Tubs you need to dismiss that idea as well.

As to the comments, I'll wait until listening to the press conference before making my judgement. Remember the source here guys...

I agree, Terry. For one thing, Coach Saban has never been fired from a job in his life. Secondly, he will not be fired here at Alabama for 2 or 3 or even 4 bad seasons, I don't believe.

The whole 'Bama program was as patient as Job with Shula.

Tertiary, and this may seem bizarre, I think Coach Saban was so deftly getting a jab in that we don't even realize it. That is how deviously intelligent he is.

Imagine, just imagine, how Auburn fans and alumni and the two Jay's, etc... feel after listening to or reading Coach Saban words. :lol:

Crimsonblood82 said:
And it's a rather unfortunate thing, because they will NEVER..i repeat NEVER find a coach who will go his entire career without even one bad season. No coach has ever won 9 or 10 games every single season of his career and it will never happen in the future either.

Pete Carroll could in theory...

TerryP said:
Given the propensity of reporters to ask him questions that have no bearing on our program, given last weekends game, given the nature of the rivalry...

I don't have a good feeling about his reaction at all. This has all the markings of a distraction during the most important week in Alabama football for the past decade.

TideOutsider said:
TerryP said:
Given the propensity of reporters to ask him questions that have no bearing on our program, given last weekends game, given the nature of the rivalry...

I don't have a good feeling about his reaction at all. This has all the markings of a distraction during the most important week in Alabama football for the past decade.

Coach Saban doesn't go that route. He is narrowly focused on each game in front of him. Simply mentioning a current event doesn't mean it will affect the practices or the players, especially not the coach.

If 'Bama gets beat it is because Florida is the better team, not because of distraction.

TideOutsider said:

That may actually be the reason behind Coach Saban's statement--to keep the news about Tuberville from becoming a distraction. I'm sure Coach Saban didn't and doesn't want to be badgered by the press asking him over & over & over again the same dumb questions about the latest on the Plains.

Crimson13Tide said:
"Did we not do the same thing with Shula?"

HUGE difference. Tubbs had 10 years...'Bama "fans" decided to Shula's time early.

Hey 13 you think we should have kept Shula and passed on Saban? You must be lost. Let me help you. www.aunation.com is the site you are looking for. Hurry back now yall have LOTS to talk about. :roll:

That may actually be the reason behind Coach Saban's statement--to keep the news about Tuberville from becoming a distraction. I'm sure Coach Saban didn't and doesn't want to be badgered by the press asking him over & over & over again the same dumb questions about the latest on the Plains.

Perhaps, but I'm not sure he's that good of an actor. His demeanor was antagonistic and combative, and seemed to be directed at Mal Moore and the UA Administration as much as the Universities that actually made these decisions. "I guess we're a 5-7 year away from that happening here"? That certainly surprised me. I kept waiting for Ian to ask a stupid question like "if you had known that the lopsided shut-out win in the Iron Bowl would cost Tuberville his job, would you have done anything different". You know it's coming.

Crimson13Tide said:
"Did we not do the same thing with Shula?"

HUGE difference. Tubbs had 10 years...'Bama "fans" decided to Shula's time early.

Hey....moron....Bama fans don't make those calls.

Tell you what, go get your crayons, stop sulking about losing CTT and finish coloring inside the lines.

:roll: :roll:

CtrlAltieDel said:
TerryP said:
This notion of one bad season needs to be dismissed.

You guys do realize he's barely over .500 in SEC play the last three seasons, right?

But, as far as Saban's reactions, if you think for a second that he cared about Tubs you need to dismiss that idea as well.

As to the comments, I'll wait until listening to the press conference before making my judgement. Remember the source here guys...

I agree, Terry. For one thing, Coach Saban has never been fired from a job in his life. Secondly, he will not be fired here at Alabama for 2 or 3 or even 4 bad seasons, I don't believe.

The whole 'Bama program was as patient as Job with Shula.

Tertiary, and this may seem bizarre, I think Coach Saban was so deftly getting a jab in that we don't even realize it. That is how deviously intelligent he is.

Imagine, just imagine, how Auburn fans and alumni and the two Jay's, etc... feel after listening to or reading Coach Saban words. :lol:

I thought about that last night when he specifically mentioned the 5-7 record. Then, I told myself I was thinking far to deeply into the statement.

This morning, after listening to it again, the thought crossed my mind once again.

I don't know...can't say that I care.

TideOutsider said:

Perhaps, but I'm not sure he's that good of an actor. His demeanor was antagonistic and combative, and seemed to be directed at Mal Moore and the UA Administration as much as the Universities that actually made these decisions. "I guess we're a 5-7 year away from that happening here"? That certainly surprised me. I kept waiting for Ian to ask a stupid question like "if you had known that the lopsided shut-out win in the Iron Bowl would cost Tuberville his job, would you have done anything different". You know it's coming.

His demeanor, as you put it, was no different than any other press conference. In fact, considering some of the other subjects of far less consequence, it was quite subdued.

I'm sure it ticked him off to even have to deal with such a question yesterday. But, then again, having to deal with any question other than our team and the games ticks him off as it is.

Well, unless it is a question about Terry...that'll always get a light response.

RollTideRandy said:
So I guess we're 5-7 away from the same thing.

That statement bothers me a bit. Is he saying our Admin is as stupid as the Barn's? ;scr

No, I think he's taking a shot at the mentality of all admins and boosters. The must win big and now thought doesnt leave much room for error. Tubby was what an 8.5 win/ season coach. Whats wrong with that? Sure maybe Fulmer and Bowden were at the end of their time. Sly maybe should have been given more support since he had the smallest budget in the SEC.

In today's enviornment could the Bryant's, Paterino, Bowden's make it to 300+ wins? I doubt it because all of those great coaches had bad years. They should give these coaches a chance to reestablish after poor seasons. And some schools need to realize they arent NC contenders. Maybe they settle for the Music City or Liberty Bowls each year. Lower those expectations. Be happy with a conference title every once in a while or just upsetting their big rival from time to time.

Occasionally those type of teams steal the spotlight like Clemson, BYU, Colorado, or Georgia Tech.

* And yes Coach Bryant had some bad years (not many) so dont flame for that one. After two 8 wins seasons he had two 6 win seasons and some experts said he was done. 1969 & 1970.

Back
Top Bottom