| FTBL Saban comments from this afternoon...

I

imported_Porter

-Charlie Higgenbotham is still the only player that is being held out, but could be back on Monday.

-A tentative depth chart will be released next Monday.

-Brandon Gibson has had a good camp and was the winner of the conditioning award for the off-season conditioning program (he accumulated the most points), but he is not in the top 6 receivers at this point. He will make a contribution this season though if he keeps working hard.

-Lorenzo Washington is working at end and will play some end this season.

-Mike McCoy had an "outstanding spring and a really good fall camp." His production has been good in the scrimmages and he's been consistent daily in practice and shown leadership, maturity, and toughness.

-For now, Alfred McCullough will remain at offensive guard to see how he develops.

bamaupsman said:
earth shaking

Why the sarcasm? I agree that he never gives anything away "Earth shaking" info but his comments are always informational. It was the job of prior regimes to give out "Earth shaking" information before games but not this one. I like it.

bamafan4ever said:
bamaupsman said:
earth shaking

Why the sarcasm? I agree that he never gives anything away "Earth shaking" info but his comments are always informational. It was the job of prior regimes to give out "Earth shaking" information before games but not this one. I like it.

Same here. The element of suprise is what makes me even more excited about this season.

BamaFan19 said:
bamafan4ever said:
bamaupsman said:
earth shaking

Same here. The element of suprise is what makes me even more excited about this season.

i like it because it pisses off the media. :D

bamafan4ever said:
bamaupsman said:
earth shaking

Not trying to sound egotistical here when I say this...

These reports from Saban aren't really "earth shaking" in the sense that most of it has been discussed here quite a bit.

As example, we started talking about Zo playing at the End position when...over 2 months ago?

We have a solid group of contributors here that happen to share a lot of this information long before Saban mentions it in his pressers.

That said, McCullough's move a few days ago came as a shock to me. But, looking at the bright side, it speaks well for the progress we are having with our DE's.

TerryP said:
bamafan4ever said:
bamaupsman said:
earth shaking

These reports from Saban aren't really "earth shaking" in the sense that most of it has been discussed here quite a bit.

As example, we started talking about Zo playing at the End position when...over 2 months ago?

We have a solid group of contributors here that happen to share a lot of this information long before Saban mentions it in his pressers.

That said, McCullough's move a few days ago came as a shock to me. But, looking at the bright side, it speaks well for the progress we are having with our DE's.

Why you arrogent SOB :p

EABAMA said:
TerryP said:
bamafan4ever said:
bamaupsman said:
earth shaking

Why you arrogent SOB :p

I have the spell police on speed dial! It's condescending, arrogant SOB to you!!! :lol:

All he did was answer the questions he was asked. If folks want better statements, they should hope for better questions to be asked by the media other than... "How is Brandon Gibson going?" and "It looks like Lorenzo Washington is getting some work in at defensive end, is that true?"

At this point in pre-season camp though, it is hard for much 'new' news to come out unless it is bad news like injuries.

With all due respect, I could care less what is said at this point, as long as it doesn't pertain to some season ending injury to an important player. Its put up or shut up time in 7.5 days.

Back
Top Bottom