| FTBL Run fit against Tennessee.

Absolutely loves what I saw against Tennessee Saturday. Lawson and Campbell played fantastic, especially in the second half. This is just one of the many(and I mean many) plays where we stuffed them on the ground. Lawson fills his gap, comes downhill and stuffs the run. Great job of reading and reacting to the play.

Lawson had a great game for sure. I do recall on this play thinking Lawson needs to stayed wrapped up instead of slinging the RB to the ground. Worried he could have kept his balance and kept running.

Lawson had a great game for sure. I do recall on this play thinking Lawson needs to stayed wrapped up instead of slinging the RB to the ground. Worried he could have kept his balance and kept running.
Agreed, I've seen that happen before. Would rather him stay with him the entire way. Plus, if a whistle is blown and he proceeds to do this.... they could penalize him for it. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Lawson and Campbell played extremely well Saturday. There was one occasion though that they stuck their nose up in the line and Milton ran a draw and went right over Left Tackle for a good gain.
We've been good at stuffing the opponents run game this season, it's been these mobile quarterbacks that have plaqued us this season. A lot of the rushing yards that a team has gained has been from the QB breaking contain, and getting positive yardage. Have to fix that against LSU, confident we can stop them from running the ball, but have to contain Daniels.

This is my favorite play from this entire game. Campbell scrapes over to his gap, fills it, reads the play... and comes downhill quickly and closes that space off for the ball carrier. Kept his shoulders squared the whole way through, while also keeping a low pad level as well. Reason this is my favorite play is obviously it was a game changing play, but also that Alabama just won this play at all levels. The D-line got that push they needed, ate up those blockers, which allowed Campbell to be freed up and make this play. Campbell displaying his instincts, and maintaining his fundamentals are also a reason this is my favorite play form this game. Just a great sequence from everyone. It's was time to nut the fuck up, and they did it.

This is my favorite play from this entire game. Campbell scrapes over to his gap, fills it, reads the play... and comes downhill quickly and closes that space off for the ball carrier. Kept his shoulders squared the whole way through, while also keeping a low pad level as well. Reason this is my favorite play is obviously it was a game changing play, but also that Alabama just won this play at all levels. The D-line got that push they needed, ate up those blockers, which allowed Campbell to be freed up and make this play. Campbell displaying his instincts, and maintaining his fundamentals are also a reason this is my favorite play form this game. Just a great sequence from everyone. It's was time to nut the fuck up, and they did it.
Rewatching and a couple of points. Tim Smith held point and stood his guy up. When #30 hit the RB he did not hit him square up. I think if Smith had not held point it would have been harder for Campbell to turn him back around since he did not hit him square. This is complementary D at its finest and the DL played extremely physcial. Great to see.

Rewatching and a couple of points. Tim Smith held point and stood his guy up. When #30 hit the RB he did not hit him square up. I think if Smith had not held point it would have been harder for Campbell to turn him back around since he did not hit him square. This is complementary D at its finest and the DL played extremely physcial. Great to see.
He was squared to the point of the line of scrimmage, he's filling the B gap, runner is trying to hit the A gap. Think of it like Dallas Turner setting the edge, that's the type of angle he took on the ball carrier on this play. He had his shoulders squared the whole way through, it's just the angle at which he had to engage the runner made it end up looking not the case. There's a better angle of it I believe. I wish they'd show more games at the angle where you see things a lot better up front. And yeah, Smith helped make that play.... Smith was being double teamed, and still stood them up.

He was squared to the point of the line of scrimmage, he's filling the B gap, runner is trying to hit the A gap. Think of it like Dallas Turner setting the edge, that's the type of angle he took on the ball carrier on this play. He had his shoulders squared the whole way through, it's just the angle at which he had to engage the runner made it end up looking not the case. There's a better angle of it I believe. I wish they'd show more games at the angle where you see things a lot better up front. And yeah, Smith helped make that play.... Smith was being double teamed, and still stood them up.
I was not saying he was not in the correct gap but at the angle he had to hit the RB he could not be squared up which made stopping his momentum even harder. Campbell certainly was slowing him down but Smith likely stopped his momentum Campbell could sling shot him backwards. In no way was I trying to be critical of Campbell. I was trying to point out how complimentary the DL/LB play was.

Rewatched the overhead video which was a great shot. Smith did hold the point but Campbell was able to turn the RB more than I thought. Impressive physicality. Also a lot of players held their ground and shed blocks w/o comprimising the gap to do so. Impressive play.

Rewatched the overhead video which was a great shot. Smith did hold the point but Campbell was able to turn the RB more than I thought. Impressive physicality. Also a lot of players held their ground and shed blocks w/o comprimising the gap to do so. Impressive play.
Can't lie, watching this game back... I got a chubby, we're finally playing like an elite defense again, at every level.

boner-binoculars (3).gif

Back
Top Bottom