| FTBL Deontae Lawson run fit against A&M.

Lawson reads his keys very well on this play, fills his gap, keeps his eyes up, scrapes over to fill the run lane, keeps a low pad level while keeping his shoulders squared, and is in on a MASSIVE stop this point into the game. He had another good game against A&M Saturday. The only mess up on his part was the big play given up when he was in coverage, but aside from that.... he played great. There's a play I need to find where he was taking on a blocker, he engages the lineman, and stacks and sheds him very very quickly, I mean lightning fast. I'll find it later on when I'm able to show y'all. We had a bunch of situations like this where the defense made monumental stops throughout the game. The defense as a whole had a fantastic game, especially that second half. Everyone seemingly were productive, and made plays at a certain point in the game. And this was probably the best game the D-line has played all season, and I cannot wait to see them build off of it. Also, I need to give A&M's defense credit, they played a fantastic game up front. I've already given their D-line props, but their linebacker, Cooper, played like a madman Saturday. Dude was flying around everywhere making plays.

When Alabama played MSU they gave up 150 yards rushing. I felt like they really missed 32 in that game. He is the unquestioned leader on that defense, and they really need him to stay healthy. Campbell, Marshall and Blackshire are really good players, but they don't play with the same confidence and experience that Lawson does.

When Alabama played MSU they gave up 150 yards rushing. I felt like they really missed 32 in that game. He is the unquestioned leader on that defense, and they really need him to stay healthy. Campbell, Marshall and Blackshire are really good players, but they don't play with the same confidence and experience that Lawson does.

Understandable for Campbell and Blackshire seeing their first meaningful tome in college football, but Marshall shoukd be cleaning up with his experience. You're right though, Lawson is the man, the anchor, the glue.

Lets see these guys sustain what they did last Saturday especially in the 4th qtr. They seem to be playing with more confidence and attitude but the DL has shown issues at times but they are improving.

Back
Top Bottom