| PRO Reuben Foster Kneeling During National Anthem

I am glad Reuben came to Bama. He played very well for the U of A and in doing so setup himself for a great life going forward if he can find the discipline to complete his part.

With that said if you can't show the respect to the National Anthem then Fuk You. I am sure those people are out in Chicago on Monday morning to protest the 45 people shot each weekend.

Again... I don't think anyone's rights have been violated yet in any way on this matter...

Nor would anyone's rights be violated if a player was released due to failure to hold up his end of a contract by behaving poorly in uniform is that's what the owner or GM deemed so. That is what I'm saying. I'm not sure there are many people out there saying that players should be forced to stand. It's just that they shouldn't be shielded from the same treatment any other employee would face given their decision to "protest" while on-the-clock or in uniform. Which for most hired workers means reproach or firing.

You can protest on your own time, and in this instance they are in uniform on sunday which doesn't get a whole lot more "worky" for them.

I whole-heartedly support their right to "protest", if by "protesting" you mean kneeling during the national anthem, as long as that's what their particular GM would like.

The problem in this case is really not the problem. The problem is that, instead of a free-market or right-to-work approach by GMs and owners, the NFL willfully turned it into a political football and a circus ensued. IMO they are getting what was coming to them. Empty seats and poor ratings.

Were they unaware that generally speaking, NFL football was supported by working-class Americans??? Many of whom do not agree and are offended by the gesture. This is silly and somewhat humorous in a weird way.

Last game I was at I counted around a dozen people, white and black, that were too busy on their phones to do anything, let alone salute a flag... Wonder why you guys dont whine about that?

Just imagine if our biggest concern in this world was actually whether or not someone stands for the damn anthem... or even more, if you guys gave as much thought, worry and passion over ACTUAL problems in our country. Just imagine what we could do...

Imagine if you had ever put your ass on the line for something bigger than yourself. Then you might be able speak on an issue like this from a place of conviction and not in the abstract.

Everyone has a right to protest and It’s easy for a millionaire to take a knee during the anthem , then after the game get in his Bugatti drive to his mansion and chill. Three minutes of showing they can relate ...

But to actually get out in the community , put out his personal time and funds to help the same community he has alienated hisself from since signing that contract. That’s Way to time consuming.

Lazy and uninformed.

Let em do what they want, because it really doesn't matter what they think, it matters what the money men think. And the money men are the spectators. The owners want to make money, not love and peace. They will side with the everyday joe that spends his hard earned money so that billionaire can run a profitable business. If the spectaters think it's bad business, don't bitch and moan when your new contract is much less than what was being signed years ago. Have your time kneeling now, but it will change nothing other than hurting your wallet, which we all know is all they truly care about. It's a fact viewership and attendance is down in the NFL. That means marketing and broadcasting dollars will go down, because no one is going to fund it out of the goodness of their hearts. It's all Business 101. Breaking it down shows the common sense move.

Last game I was at I counted around a dozen people, white and black, that were too busy on their phones to do anything, let alone salute a flag... Wonder why you guys dont whine about that?

Just imagine if our biggest concern in this world was actually whether or not someone stands for the damn anthem... or even more, if you guys gave as much thought, worry and passion over ACTUAL problems in our country. Just imagine what we could do...
Curious how you can pretend to know what passions everyone has on every issue in addition to this one? Also curious that you don't see this issue as representative of the race relations in this country, or the over-politicization (is that a word?!) of ... everything these days... as a problem in this country.

Judge away.

served my nation for 30 years in the military to preserve our rights as citizens of the United States

I get it, but I'm not sure you do.

Those rights are their rights to kneel. Kneel for a country that they feel still disadvantages the majority of black Americans.

As I've said before, it doesn't bother me as someone who has bled and is still fighting for those rights.

However, I do laugh at the miguided symbology of it all, as no one has ever affected positive change by taking a knee. I'd rather they stand up and make a difference.

I get it, but I'm not sure you do.

Those rights are their rights to kneel. Kneel for a country that they feel still disadvantages the majority of black Americans.

As I've said before, it doesn't bother me as someone who has bled and is still fighting for those rights.

However, I do laugh at the miguided symbology of it all, as no one has ever affected positive change by taking a knee. I'd rather they stand up and make a difference.

That's a great line.

Had a convo with the babe last weekend she's all about the protests. I dislike them but get it... When I asked where the rubber meets the road, AKA what DIFFERENCE is this making, we had a hard time figuring that out.

In one sense I have to give Kaepernick credit because he's donated quite a bit of money to related causes. If he's willing to do whatever work is associated with raising money and putting it towards those beliefs that he thinks will better the community, I may not agree with all his causes but do respect it.

On the other hand I do see a lot of "followers" that would have never taken a knee until Trump spoke up... Simply because the media will give anyone credit who goes against Trump... So many twitter likes... But haven't done anything in the community to actually make the difference they're supposedly fighting for. (I.E. protesting outside of police buildings with their thousands of "followers", meeting with community leaders, putting money and time into youth programs that deter police interaction, etc).

Bottom line is, what difference does someone make? Symbolism and retweets are great in 2017, but are you truly impacting other people? I'm sure there are lots of teachers and coaches on here that know what I'm talking about... Is you knee on the ground or your boots on the ground? And if you're doing it for twitter likes you're doing it wrong.

People either believe in the first amendment to the U.S. Constitution, or they do not.

Respecting the right of someone to protest something you vehemently disagree with is the test. Respecting the right of someone to protest or speak when you agree is not.

It demonstrates the lack of education in the U.S. today when people talk about what's happening in the NFL as a "1st Amendment issue" and then challenge your beliefs on the topic. The purpose of the 1st Amendment to the Constitution and all other Amendments has nothing to do with the NFL and the inappropriate actions of the players. The purpose of the 1st and other Amendments is limitations on what the U.S. Government can not do, not what the owners can not do. Quit trying to equate, it just demonstrates limited intelligence on the topic. The U.S. Government cannot infringe on your Constitutional rights, but the employer can.

As for the actions of Mr. Foster, his behavior during the National Anthem is inappropriate and reflects on the limitations of his character.

That's a great line.

Had a convo with the babe last weekend she's all about the protests. I dislike them but get it... When I asked where the rubber meets the road, AKA what DIFFERENCE is this making, we had a hard time figuring that out.

In one sense I have to give Kaepernick credit because he's donated quite a bit of money to related causes. If he's willing to do whatever work is associated with raising money and putting it towards those beliefs that he thinks will better the community, I may not agree with all his causes but do respect it.

On the other hand I do see a lot of "followers" that would have never taken a knee until Trump spoke up... Simply because the media will give anyone credit who goes against Trump... So many twitter likes... But haven't done anything in the community to actually make the difference they're supposedly fighting for. (I.E. protesting outside of police buildings with their thousands of "followers", meeting with community leaders, putting money and time into youth programs that deter police interaction, etc).

Bottom line is, what difference does someone make? Symbolism and retweets are great in 2017, but are you truly impacting other people? I'm sure there are lots of teachers and coaches on here that know what I'm talking about... Is you knee on the ground or your boots on the ground? And if you're doing it for twitter likes you're doing it wrong.

I happen to agree with this almost 100%. I think the way he went about it hurt its credibility, but I understand wanting to bring to light something you feel strongly about and want to change. But the main thing I agree with was you hitting the nail on the head about being more than a defiant individual and actually taking the steps to make a difference for your so called protest. A knee on the ground is not accomplishing one damn thing. Fanning the flames with fashion statements is not solving the problem. Funneling funds and time into these areas and repairing broken relationships is what will cause change, not vitriolic Twitter and media bullshit. Kaepernick only started giving money after the attention was put on him to put his money where his mouth is, so I don't give him much credit for staking any claim to blazing a trail, only after the spotlight was on and looking for answers did he donate. He's had plenty of time to make a difference before the kneeling. I'm glad he did instead of becoming a major hypocrite, but he only softened the blow he created. My biggest question to all of these guys taking a knee is how much have you donated to the cause in forms of money and time (since they're apparently so passionate), and how many veterans have you thanked for their service since this is not an apparent knock on them.

People either believe in the first amendment to the U.S. Constitution, or they do not.

Respecting the right of someone to protest something you vehemently disagree with is the test. Respecting the right of someone to protest or speak when you agree is not.

Always amazed at what people consider being protected by the first Amendment. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

You have the right to be a disrespectful moron and claim a grievance that isn't there by showing disrespect to the country that allows you freedom and by spitting in the face of the men and women who fought their a$$ off to provide it to you. But that doesn't mean you can't be fired by a private organization for doing it and I also have the right to not support you or your organization by not watching, buying tickets, jerseys, hats or anything else that would support you.

TV ratings are down big as well as attendance for their little stunt and my guess is if they don't fix it before season tickets go on sale they are going to lose their a$$.

As far as Rueben Foster.. he has always needed a leash and someone to keep him from being stupid. I loved watching him play at Bama but if he doesn't get his priorities straight he will lose a ton of fans and will wash out of the league quicker than if he would tow the company line and learn how to honor our country, veterans and the people who spend the money to support his job and family.

I told my son the other day that I don't think that football will be around in 20 years like it is now. With the money grabbing concussion lawsuits, mommas not letting their kids play, the pu$$ifiying of the rules that is turning off the hard core fan and now the liberal political agenda that they are trying to shove down peoples throat .. it will lose it's base fan, water down the talent and alienate the people who work and spend money to be a fan.

As far as Rueben Foster.. he has always needed a leash and someone to keep him from being stupid. I loved watching him play at Bama but if he doesn't get his priorities straight he will lose a ton of fans and will wash out of the league quicker than if he would tow the company line and learn how to honor our country, veterans and the people who spend the money to support his job and family.

Rumor has it that Rueben Foster had a stars and stripes tattoo covered up by the russian flag

I understand their kneeling, again I don’t agree with it.

Wouldn’t it be great if they went to Chicago and protested the innocent murder of hundreds of black people at the hands of other black people?

Have unarmed blacks been killed unjustly at the hands of cops? Yes. But, blacks are killing other blacks at a much much much larger rate and they’re silent!! I have zero respect for the people protesting during NFL games until they decide to start standing up for unarmed innocent people in Chicago, Memphis, Birmingham, etc

Yea but what about......

"What about the women the suffer from or die of Ovarian cancer. Have women died from breast cancer? Yes. But other cancers are killing women just as much as breast cancer... And there's silence. I have zero respect for anyone supporting breast cancer awareness month until they start supporting other cancers."

Black guy kills a innocent black guy in Chicago and gets caught.... Black guy goes to jail. A Cop kills a innocent black guy and gets caught...... Paid administrative leave....not held accountable. Thats the issue.

Yea but what about.......

Yea but what about......

"What about the women the suffer from or die of Ovarian cancer. Have women died from breast cancer? Yes. But other cancers are killing women just as much as breast cancer... And there's silence. I have zero respect for anyone supporting breast cancer awareness month until they start supporting other cancers."

Black guy kills a innocent black guy in Chicago and gets caught.... Black guy goes to jail. A Cop kills a innocent black guy and gets caught...... Paid administrative leave....not held accountable. Thats the issue.

Yea but what about.......

Pretty extreme situation you just used there. From everything I have seen, cancer victims and survivors support all types of cancer research and find ways to build funds to battle the disease. It's not a fend for yourself type of deal for which you attempted to use as your example. You are claiming 100% of these officers are being tapped on the wrist when there are clear stories of officers losing jobs and being rung up on murder charges. I could be wrong, but I think his whole point was to help your community and yourselves before you tackle a much smaller issue in police shootings. Black on black crime and murder is a much more pressing and concerning issue when you look at the numbers. Saving any life would be considered highly valuable, but when looking at <75 in the country compared to over >500 in one city for 3/4 of 2016, that's the issue that needs to be solved first.

I don't think anyone is taking any of this lightly, but I think most of us see it as the wrong approach and hypocrisy amongst those with an actual platform. This whole debate has patriotic Americans defending themselves for their belief we should appreciate and respect the flag for those that paid and are paying the ultimate sacrifice, such as yourself. All along, the actual message itself is not being taken seriously due to the secondary debate it caused simply by going about it in the wrong way to begin with. Has anything changed, or has it only pissed more people off? The one outlet a lot of these guys ever had was sports, and through declining numbers it's starting to show their one outlet may not bring them careers that they once had it very nice in. So will the patriotic Americans be blamed for that, taking high paying jobs away from black men? It's all a joke at this point, nothing is being done, will be done, it's only the American public turning against one another.

I'm glad you're back, because I have enjoyed some of your content, but thought I remembered you saying you were done on here after this same racial debate in another post months ago?

http://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/

Back
Top Bottom