| FTBL Reason for Auburn's Anemic Offense?

bear facts

Verified Member
Look at the top of the digital front page and click on the "18" beside College Football.

Then scan to "A Clear Signal."

"As coaches, you're always wondering why they are slanting this way or doing that, Tuberville said, '(Signal stealing) is probably not happening but it gives you peace of mind for your team and coaches.'" :? ;scr

A Clear Signal

bear facts said:
Has anyone come across that so-called email by the AU offensive lineman?

I would like to know what it actually said.

Prolly somthin like this...

" We cant do squat without the other teams playing better than us...our backs are hurting from bending over and standing back up to look at the air traffic controllers on the sideline on each and every play..i gotta go see a chiropractor now from all this crap..."

:D

I believe it's the fact thast they can't make up their mind what they want to do. Are they spread, I, wing T, vear, option, etc. You've got to have something that defines your team. Ours is that we are going to "CRAM THE BALL DOWN YOUR THROAT AND MAKE YOU LIKE IT" and then repaet as needed. Auburn has no identity other than the one that says "I'm Bama's little step child, please abuse me as you wish."

bear facts said:
Has anyone come across that so-called email by the AU offensive lineman?

I would like to know what it actually said.

If it is the same one I got it basically says that before the Georgia game Mark Richt called Tuberville and told him to change his signals. Richt told Tuberville that since the Arkansas game every team that Auburn has faced has known their signals. The implication is that after Franklin was fired he went ahead and told all of Auburn's future opponents Auburn's signals.

I paraphrased all of that but that's what is going around.

pimpsahoy said:
If it is the same one I got it basically says that before the Georgia game Mark Richt called Tuberville and told him to change his signals. Richt told Tuberville that since the Arkansas game every team that Auburn has faced has known their signals. The implication is that after Franklin was fired he went ahead and told all of Auburn's future opponents Auburn's signals.

I paraphrased all of that but that's what is going around.

I know absolutely nothing about this, haven't heard about it until now, and haven't read anything about it.

But, allow me to just predict what has happened. I am just shooting in the dark here, but probably not far from being right.

Here is what likely happened:

Some random AuNeck fan, disgusted at his team's sorry performance this year, decided to create a reason for the sub-par performance.

Naturally, it can't be coaching, so there must be another reason.

Some clown(fan) deep within the rotten bowels of Lee County created an email and attached one of the players names to it to give it validity.

AuNecks are a deeply suspicious and paranoid bunch and would actually bet their lives on any number of conspiracy theories.

I have always wished that National Geographic would send some field reporters down to Lee County and study the residents of that city.

You know, kind of like they send out investigative scientists to any number of aboriginal or previously unknown South American or African tribes and study them and their habits.

Their lives and the way they communicate and interact with each other needs to be preserved for posterity.

Before long, especially if Alabama ever wins another NC, they will cease to exist. So, it is a very urgent need to have their way of life down there documented so it can be studied at a later time.

Altie, what do you think the journalists will find? What would stand out the most?

Would it be something as simple as the majority of children have "rat-tails"? Or would it go deeper and maybe uncover some unique social behaviors?

maybe to emphasize how much better Bama is, our coaches should tell the Aubs what play we're going to run next. That way our win will be officially a butt whooping of magnanamous proportions.

Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
Altie, what do you think the journalists will find? What would stand out the most?

Would it be something as simple as the majority of children have "rat-tails"? Or would it go deeper and maybe uncover some unique social behaviors?

Rat tails are a given, Chuck E.

No, I am talking about communication by whistling, blinking as a form of speaking, conspiracy theorists that are socially the most respected and revered among the AuNeck tribe, things such as that.

Perhaps they could document the much talked about, but never recorded, tradition of smoking cow dung after victories.

The lack of beauty that is inherent in all native born AuNeck women should be explored. The extra gene that most AuNeck men have been rumored to have could be studied scientifically.

The tendency of AuNeckians to track and stalk anyone associated with a college in Tuscaloosa.

For example, the Hoover schoolteacher that had her children staked out at their playgrounds by rabid AuNecks. For some reason, the AuNeck elders had instructed their minions to track this lady and her children because they felt she was helping Alabama players out in some way.

The Auneck hard fighting soldiers posted her license plate, her personal and work landline and cell phone numbers and photos they had snapped of her in parking lots on their message board.

I simply think to allow such an extraordinary opportunity to study a native group of savages, in their own environment, slip by should not be permitted.

was trying to find a link , but cant...

ch. 19, whnt, out of Huntsville, had an interview last night at 10 with Cody Burns about this..
He said thats why they went to play calling in the huddle the past few games...

BamaRedneck said:
was trying to find a link , but cant...

ch. 19, whnt, out of Huntsville, had an interview last night at 10 with Cody Burns about this..
He said thats why they went to play calling in the huddle the past few games...

I heard about that as well. I read that Burns stated that other teams did know their signals but either wouldn't say how or didn't know how they knew them.

So far it seems that Auburn fans/coaches/players have managed to blame Tony Franklin 3 different times for their horrible offense.

Not very smart on the Barn's part. When I coached high school, we changed the signals at the half or changed the person that was the "live" caller and which was the dummy. I guess in the Barns' case, they were all dummies.

CtrlAltieDel said:
Chuck-E-Cheeze said:

Rat tails are a given, Chuck E.

No, I am talking about communication by whistling, blinking as a form of speaking, conspiracy theorists that are socially the most respected and revered among the AuNeck tribe, things such as that.

Perhaps they could document the much talked about, but never recorded, tradition of smoking cow dung after victories.

The lack of beauty that is inherent in all native born AuNeck women should be explored. The extra gene that most AuNeck men have been rumored to have could be studied scientifically.

The tendency of AuNeckians to track and stalk anyone associated with a college in Tuscaloosa.

For example, the Hoover schoolteacher that had her children staked out at their playgrounds by rabid AuNecks. For some reason, the AuNeck elders had instructed their minions to track this lady and her children because they felt she was helping Alabama players out in some way.

The Auneck hard fighting soldiers posted her license plate, her personal and work landline and cell phone numbers and photos they had snapped of her in parking lots on their message board.

I simply think to allow such an extraordinary opportunity to study a native group of savages, in their own environment, slip by should not be permitted.

Hilarious!!! I love seeing a kid with a Rat-tail. Nothing says class like a rat-tail and/or a pair of "bumper-nuts" for your truck! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom