| RECRUIT RB Kyle Edwards from Louisiana has committed....

I don't think this has anything to do with how the staff feels about whether Evans comes or not. I think we would happily accept 3 RBs in this class since we might possibly lose 2 to the NFL, N Harris and B Robinson. Robinson could be that enigma in the draft. He has a good season with 800+ yards and 7-10 TDs. He will have plenty of tread left on his wheels. Not trying to push him out the door by no means, BUT it is a possibility. Townsend could always move back over to WR with the departures we will see there, leaving Ford, Sanders, and K Robinson. You can never have too many. Look at the '15 season. D Henry and K Drake and that was IT!!! Drake went down and Henry had to tote the rock!!!!

I don't think this has anything to do with how the staff feels about whether Evans comes or not. I think we would happily accept 3 RBs in this class since we might possibly lose 2 to the NFL, N Harris and B Robinson. Robinson could be that enigma in the draft. He has a good season with 800+ yards and 7-10 TDs. He will have plenty of tread left on his wheels. Not trying to push him out the door by no means, BUT it is a possibility. Townsend could always move back over to WR with the departures we will see there, leaving Ford, Sanders, and K Robinson. You can never have too many. Look at the '15 season. D Henry and K Drake and that was IT!!! Drake went down and Henry had to tote the rock!!!!

Great point on Robinson. If he has a good year, it would make sense for him to get paid...

Didn't a lot of dudes come & go in last class? We never know how many commitments will stick... But it does feel like RB is up in the air next year more than ever, especially with Sanders coming off serious injury.

But it does feel like RB is up in the air next year more than ever, especially with Sanders coming off serious injury.
I've got the complete opposite view. Even if Robinson and Harris leave the team is in good shape going into 2020.

Williams and Edwards are both blue chip prospects with the latter being underrated right now. Several, following both kids, mention them as guys you don't pass up if given the chance to sign. Watch Edwards blow up this fall. It's going to happen.

Keilan is a kid that's undersung. The reports I've heard on him were tampered early because everyone was thinking about Sanders and expected Robinson to 'shirt. He'll be a good one for Bama.

And Sanders returns...giving the team a really solid four deep running back corps.

The will sign a third if it's worth signing the kid. Recruiting for that position is far from over.

I've got the complete opposite view. Even if Robinson and Harris leave the team is in good shape going into 2020.

Williams and Edwards are both blue chip prospects with the latter being underrated right now. Several, following both kids, mention them as guys you don't pass up if given the chance to sign. Watch Edwards blow up this fall. It's going to happen.

Keilan is a kid that's undersung. The reports I've heard on him were tampered early because everyone was thinking about Sanders and expected Robinson to 'shirt. He'll be a good one for Bama.

And Sanders returns...giving the team a really solid four deep running back corps.

The will sign a third if it's worth signing the kid. Recruiting for that position is far from over.

Damn... 1 ankle injury and you've already forgotten Ford. Sad 😂

But it should be noted you've yet to see 1 of these dudes get a college carry. And will likely only get a small glimpse of 1-2 going into next season, if all goes well.

When comparing to the last decade... When was there a lesser outlook? I think that was my point. I'm also a pretty firm believer that elite talent is necessary to win game 15... In years past, I've had full confidence our 2nd and 3rd guys were that legit. Hoping Ford/Robinson become that by the end of the year!

In regards to Edwards, I'm no scout... But of all the guys we've signed over the years he's not one that would stand out. Looks powerful and runs his ass off, but don't see much shake, wiggle, or flexibility in his hips. No way he finishes outside the top 300 as an RB Bama commit, but doesn't look like a top 100 guy from here.

In regards to Edwards, I'm no scout... But of all the guys we've signed over the years he's not one that would stand out. Looks powerful and runs his ass off, but don't see much shake, wiggle, or flexibility in his hips. No way he finishes outside the top 300 as an RB Bama commit, but doesn't look like a top 100 guy from here
A couple of thoughts on this:

"He's not one that would stand out" isn't of great concern to me right now. As mentioned earlier, he's going to shoot up the RB rankings (and we're talking about a top 20 running back now, shooting up the rankings lists.) He's being ranked right now based on his junior season.
When comparing to the last decade... When was there a lesser outlook?
You've mentioned how he's ranking and these are a few guys he's on par with today.

Alabama:
Mark Ingram if I start in Saban's first season and he was about even with where Edwards is today after Mark's final evals and rankings. Lacy wasn't regarded anywhere near where Edwards is following his junior season and is slightly ahead of where Edwards is today. Again, junior season rankings versus post-senior season rankings. He's a different style back, but he's sitting where Kenyan Drake was after his senior season. And then there's the rookie we're following in Oakland as well.

Nationally: We're looking at a kid that's ranked a 4 star with Rivals at 5.8. Zeke Elliott, Saquon Barkley, Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Christian McCaffrey and the aforementioned DH ... all four stars after their senior seasons.

Keep this conversation in mind as we make our way through this season. I firmly believe what I've been told by guys who evaluate this players and from here to the middle of the states there are a bunch of them echoing the same sentiments. (As banged up as Milton is coming out, several of them consider Kyle and Roydell both to be better.)

A couple of thoughts on this:

"He's not one that would stand out" isn't of great concern to me right now. As mentioned earlier, he's going to shoot up the RB rankings (and we're talking about a top 20 running back now, shooting up the rankings lists.) He's being ranked right now based on his junior season.

You've mentioned how he's ranking and these are a few guys he's on par with today.

Alabama:
Mark Ingram if I start in Saban's first season and he was about even with where Edwards is today after Mark's final evals and rankings. Lacy wasn't regarded anywhere near where Edwards is following his junior season and is slightly ahead of where Edwards is today. Again, junior season rankings versus post-senior season rankings. He's a different style back, but he's sitting where Kenyan Drake was after his senior season. And then there's the rookie we're following in Oakland as well.

Nationally: We're looking at a kid that's ranked a 4 star with Rivals at 5.8. Zeke Elliott, Saquon Barkley, Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Christian McCaffrey and the aforementioned DH ... all four stars after their senior seasons.

Keep this conversation in mind as we make our way through this season. I firmly believe what I've been told by guys who evaluate this players and from here to the middle of the states there are a bunch of them echoing the same sentiments. (As banged up as Milton is coming out, several of them consider Kyle and Roydell both to be better.)

I'm not as worried about the rankings as I am the film... When I saw Eddie Lacy's tape, I 'bout shit my pants. :poop:

I don't get that feeling from this one. Just sayin'

Back
Top Bottom