| FTBL Rashad Johnson arrested...

The only reason I asked the question is that I keep hearing bama fans say saban will take care of it. There is nothing in his past actions to even hint at the fact that he will get it under control.

as an outsider, I was hoping you insiders could show me how I am wrong. I do not follow your program the way you do.

Porterhouse said:
Birdman37 said:
Saban will take care of it.

As will Rashad's father, I'm quite sure.

I suspect a lot of y'all were raised just like me. Whatever CNS has in store for Rashad's discipline would PALE in comparison to the the fire and brimstone my old man would have rained down on me. :shock:

autiger36863 said:
tideboy, give one example of a severe punishment by saban.

I do not intend to bash, but as far as we can tell he has yet to give a severe punishment to any one while he has been at bama

Saban has said numerous times that he believes strongly in disciplining players (correction of actions) as opposed to punishing them. If they do not respond to discipline, then punishment (example: suspension or being kicked off the team) will follow. He first and foremost wants to help the student-athlete, contrary to what some believe, and kicking them off the team for making a bad decision isn't always what is in the best interest of the kid's future.

autiger36863 said:
as an outsider, I was hoping you insiders could show me how I am wrong. I do not follow your program the way you do.

...and yet you have multiple posts on an arch-rival's forum. :roll:

autiger36863 said:
How is that working out so far?

What magical answer do you want. We've explained what we see with CNS so far. You act like we've had an eternity to judge his style of discipline. It's only been a damn year and we trust his judgement and style of teaching. Good enough??

autiger36863 said:
How is that working out so far?

For the players that have been given second chances, I'd say pretty good.... none of them have had any more issues with the law. As far as that method being a deterrent to the entire team, maybe it isn't as effective as a "zero tolerance - you screw up you're gone" policy would be, but that's not how he does it.

after this post I'll leave you guys alone. My point was that saban has not shown he is a disciplinarian while he has been at alabama. although there are so many post saying how he is going to discipline the players that have gotten in trouble.

I think alabama has a great tradition and will one day (again) be a top team in the nation, there is so much pressure on a coach to come in and win immediatly it henders his ability to coach and discipline players.

I appreciate you guys for allowing me to post and not bashing me for being a barner.

autiger36863 said:
after this post I'll leave you guys alone. My point was that saban has not shown he is a disciplinarian while he has been at alabama. although there are so many post saying how he is going to discipline the players that have gotten in trouble.

I think alabama has a great tradition and will one day (again) be a top team in the nation, there is so much pressure on a coach to come in and win immediatly it henders his ability to coach and discipline players.

I appreciate you guys for allowing me to post and not bashing me for being a barner.

You can post anytime. We welcome a respectable rival. It's fluid for us as it is with any new coach and player relationship. Roll Tide and congrats on your Bball win.
RTR

Back
Top Bottom