| FTBL Question?

C

CrimsonPirate

Thread Starter
I ask this in another thread a couple of days ago, but no one ever gave me an answer.

What remark did Les Miles make about Saban Saturday that the TV guys picked up and wouldn't let go. I need the info for ammunition against these crazed LSU fans I live amongst.
 

Rolltide24

Century Club
I didn't watch that entire game, but I did hear them say that Lessie said this is his LSU team and not Saban's. If I recall though, the Seniors and many of the Juniors would still be Saban's guys. That makes up a lot of the star power on this team.
 
C

CrimsonPirate

Thread Starter
Saban recruited 'em and he's coaching 'em. 'Course, I might feel as insecure as Les seems to if all my fans worried about was Nick Saban.
 

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
I don't recall the mention of Saban's name, but he did make the comment about it being his team.

18 of the 22 starters were Saban's recruits, but they've been under Miles for 2+ years now. His staff has had a good portion in their development.
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
CrimsonPirate said:
Saban recruited 'em and he's coaching 'em. 'Course, I might feel as insecure as Les seems to if all my fans worried about was Nick Saban.

Yep.

Saban's last class was 2004. That means that there is another year or two until his guys get out of the system.

As I stated in another thread, Saban's last class at LSU had 16 players rated 4 or 5 stars - more than Shula signed in his entire 4 years at Bama. That kind of makes you excited about what our team will be like in a few years.
 
C

CrimsonPirate

Thread Starter
TerryP said:
I don't recall the mention of Saban's name, but he did make the comment about it being his team.

18 of the 22 starters were Saban's recruits, but they've been under Miles for 2+ years now. His staff has had a good portion in their development.

He probably didn't mention Saban's name, but the announcers picked up on it. 'Course, I understand their wanting to fan the flames of controversy. Buildup for Nov. 3.
 

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
CrimsonPirate said:
TerryP said:
I don't recall the mention of Saban's name, but he did make the comment about it being his team.

18 of the 22 starters were Saban's recruits, but they've been under Miles for 2+ years now. His staff has had a good portion in their development.

He probably didn't mention Saban's name, but the announcers picked up on it. 'Course, I understand their wanting to fan the flames of controversy. Buildup for Nov. 3.

If you followed Miles at OSU his statements were intended to ignite a few fires here and there. The biggest one was a jab at OU.

He was quiet down at LSU his first two years. But, he's beginning to talk once again. Will it be a repeat of what happened when he talked about OU? Time will tell.
 

Outlaw

Verified Member
Century Club
75 Reasons why LSU fans can't hate Nick Saban:

The following 75 players were recruited during the tenure of Nick Saban at LSU. Most of which are directly responsible for LSU being in position to win a National Championship. It's virtually impossible to hate a man who put you in position to be champions. Here is the list (number, name, position, classification):

91 Charles Alexander DT Jr.
51 Jacob O'Hair SNP Sr.
44 Danny McCray S So.
29 Chris Hawkins DB So.
32 Charles Scott RB So.
56 Perry Riley LB So.
5 Keiland Williams RB So.
1 Brandon LaFell WR So.
84 Rahim Alem DE So.
70 Ciron Black OT So.
24 Harry Coleman S So.
54 Jacob Cutrera LB So.
55 Andrew Decker OL Jr.
8 Trindon Holliday WR So.
23 Josh McManus WR Sr.
45 Quinn Johnson FB Jr.
97 Al Woods DT So.
86 Chris Mitchell WR So.
71 Carnell Stewart OT Sr.
90 Ricky Jean-Francois DE So.
63 Ryan Miller C Jr.
87 Jared Mitchell WR So.
62 Robert Smith OL Jr.
82 Richard Dickson TE So.
16 Craig Steltz S Sr.
27 Curtis Taylor S Jr.
40 Shawn Jordan FB Sr.
19 Jonathan Zenon CB Sr.
6 Colt David PK Jr.
99 Marlon Favorite DT Jr.
79 Herman Johnson OL Jr.
93 Tyson Jackson DE Jr.
48 Darry Beckwith LB Jr.
74 Brett Helms C Jr.
35 Luke Sanders LB Sr.
47 Tremaine Johnson DE Jr.
49 Kirston Pittman DE Sr.
9 Early Doucet WR Sr.
7 Ali Highsmith LB Sr.
15 Matt Flynn QB Sr.
21 Chevis Jackson CB Sr.
72 Glenn Dorsey DT Sr.
81 Mit Cole TE Sr.
89 Keith Zinger TE Sr.
73 Will Arnold OL Sr.
18 Jacob Hester FB Sr.
28 Joe Maltempi DB So.
6 Joey Stutson RB So.
52 Ace Foyil LB So.
5 Chad Moody DB So.
33 Tyson Andrus DB So.
11 Ryan Perrilloux QB So.
13 Jimmy Welker QB Sr.
38 Anthony Zehyoue DE Sr.
30 Chad Baniecki FB Jr.
10 Josh Graham PK So.
59 Cole Louviere OL Sr.
39 Caleb Angelle DE Sr.
28 R.J. Jackson RB So.
12 Quentin LeDay WR Jr.
22 Jeremy Bunting WR Jr.
38 Brady Dalfrey P Jr.
24 Sean Gaudet PK Jr.
36 Patrick Fisher P Sr.
66 Max Holmes OL So.
65 Lyle Hitt OG So.
13 Donnie Chaucer DB Sr.
50 Micah Metrailer LB Sr.
58 Jeremy Benton LB Jr.
27 August Mangin WR So.
88 Donald Hains DL Sr.
37 Phillip Pigott RB Jr
53 Jonathan Nixon LB So.
2 Demetrius Byrd WR Jr.
14 Andrew Hatch QB So.
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
Outlaw said:
75 Reasons why LSU fans can't hate Nick Saban:

The following 75 players were recruited during the tenure of Nick Saban at LSU. Most of which are directly responsible for LSU being in position to win a National Championship. It's virtually impossible to hate a man who put you in position to be champions. Here is the list (number, name, position, classification):

91 Charles Alexander DT Jr.
51 Jacob O'Hair SNP Sr.
44 Danny McCray S So.
29 Chris Hawkins DB So.
32 Charles Scott RB So.
56 Perry Riley LB So.
5 Keiland Williams RB So.
1 Brandon LaFell WR So.
84 Rahim Alem DE So.
70 Ciron Black OT So.
24 Harry Coleman S So.
54 Jacob Cutrera LB So.
55 Andrew Decker OL Jr.
8 Trindon Holliday WR So.
23 Josh McManus WR Sr.
45 Quinn Johnson FB Jr.
97 Al Woods DT So.
86 Chris Mitchell WR So.
71 Carnell Stewart OT Sr.
90 Ricky Jean-Francois DE So.
63 Ryan Miller C Jr.
87 Jared Mitchell WR So.
62 Robert Smith OL Jr.
82 Richard Dickson TE So.
16 Craig Steltz S Sr.
27 Curtis Taylor S Jr.
40 Shawn Jordan FB Sr.
19 Jonathan Zenon CB Sr.
6 Colt David PK Jr.
99 Marlon Favorite DT Jr.
79 Herman Johnson OL Jr.
93 Tyson Jackson DE Jr.
48 Darry Beckwith LB Jr.
74 Brett Helms C Jr.
35 Luke Sanders LB Sr.
47 Tremaine Johnson DE Jr.
49 Kirston Pittman DE Sr.
9 Early Doucet WR Sr.
7 Ali Highsmith LB Sr.
15 Matt Flynn QB Sr.
21 Chevis Jackson CB Sr.
72 Glenn Dorsey DT Sr.
81 Mit Cole TE Sr.
89 Keith Zinger TE Sr.
73 Will Arnold OL Sr.
18 Jacob Hester FB Sr.
28 Joe Maltempi DB So.
6 Joey Stutson RB So.
52 Ace Foyil LB So.
5 Chad Moody DB So.
33 Tyson Andrus DB So.
11 Ryan Perrilloux QB So.
13 Jimmy Welker QB Sr.
38 Anthony Zehyoue DE Sr.
30 Chad Baniecki FB Jr.
10 Josh Graham PK So.
59 Cole Louviere OL Sr.
39 Caleb Angelle DE Sr.
28 R.J. Jackson RB So.
12 Quentin LeDay WR Jr.
22 Jeremy Bunting WR Jr.
38 Brady Dalfrey P Jr.
24 Sean Gaudet PK Jr.
36 Patrick Fisher P Sr.
66 Max Holmes OL So.
65 Lyle Hitt OG So.
13 Donnie Chaucer DB Sr.
50 Micah Metrailer LB Sr.
58 Jeremy Benton LB Jr.
27 August Mangin WR So.
88 Donald Hains DL Sr.
37 Phillip Pigott RB Jr
53 Jonathan Nixon LB So.
2 Demetrius Byrd WR Jr.
14 Andrew Hatch QB So.

:shock:
 
Top Bottom