| FTBL Poll - Who you pulling for in the playoff and why?

Which team do you want to win the playoff?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This thread confirms an assertion I've had for awhile now—a lot of Alabama football fans here, no so much football fans.

That's interesting concept.... love football....or just bama football...

I watch a LOT of CF during season...mostly SEC games or evening games among contenders...... consider myself a CF fans ....big time...
Definitely a bama fan..have missed 1 bama game since 2007..( Austin P)

But

Havent watched any bowls...zero... got plans NYE...so may miss CFPs...will see Bama game... maybe catch another...( tennessee vs clemson is intriguing)

I cant really explain why i have so little interest......
And ..as you know...bowl games just dont excite me....12 team CFPs do..
Hard to explain...because there are some interesting matchups...

Wonder what the future is for the bowls....

How does Georgia, or for that matter any team in the SEC, winning the title help Alabama?

This thread confirms an assertion I've had for awhile now—a lot of Alabama football fans here, no so much football fans. 😈

Does strength of schedule not come into play? Does strength of conference not come into play? The SEC looked down this year while the Big Ten is garbage, but had a few teams look decent over a lot of bad teams, BUT that gave Ohio State the necessary bump in my eyes. We all know what they say on ESPN in their little three minute interview is not what is being discussed behind closed doors. We know conference strength and best games are discussed. They're not idiots and we're not idiots, we know Georgia winning a National Championship helps the perceived notion we are the best conference and it allows us those two team Playoff opportunities. The same will not be said about the ACC, Big 12, and Pac-12.

On top of it, you think I want a conference that called us uneducated and incapable of deep thought to beat us for a Championship? I would love nothing more than an SEC school to pound a Big Ten school. The arrogance there from their own commissioner and fan base should be enough.

@BamaFan334 Let's just say we see UGA lose in the first round and we also see the majority of the SEC teams lose. Yes, the pundits and rival fans will say the conference isn't as good.

But as soon as the games kick off in the '23 season, the inherent advantage SEC will have—some earned—will rear its head again.

@BamaFan334 Let's just say we see UGA lose in the first round and we also see the majority of the SEC teams lose. Yes, the pundits and rival fans will say the conference isn't as good.

But as soon as the games kick off in the '23 season, the inherent advantage SEC will have—some earned—will rear its head again.

You're probably not wrong there (due to YEARS of domination of this exact point though), but I bet an SEC team won't start out ranked #1 if Georgia loses. Not that the beginning of the year matters as much, but it definitely matters when it comes to a loss and how far you move back in the rankings and then how far you have to move back up to be in that Playoff race. #1 or #2 losing isn't near as bad as #10 losing. That's a bigger hill to climb. Looking at ACC teams and Pac-12 teams, it's more difficult for them to make the Playoff with a loss over a one loss SEC team due to that perceived power.

You're probably not wrong there (due to YEARS of domination of this exact point though), but I bet an SEC team won't start out ranked #1 if Georgia loses. Not that the beginning of the year matters as much, but it definitely matters when it comes to a loss and how far you move back in the rankings and then how far you have to move back up to be in that Playoff race. #1 or #2 losing isn't near as bad as #10 losing. That's a bigger hill to climb. Looking at ACC teams and Pac-12 teams, it's more difficult for them to make the Playoff with a loss over a one loss SEC team due to that perceived power.
Bet bama doesnt start #1. But in top 5

Back
Top Bottom