| FTBL Poll - Who you pulling for in the playoff and why?

Which team do you want to win the playoff?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
between tcu n bama......tcu is better????????? Bullshit
I think it came down to 2 losses. Bama with only 1 would get in over them, especially if they were close. But TCU has been close many times, played one more game than Bama in their championship game, and only lost that one. Fatigue played a part, but it is hard to put a two loss team that didn't even play in their conference championship in over a 1 loss team that only lost the conference championship by 3 in OT. With expansion coming it won't matter much soon as the arguments will more be how the hell a 3 or 4 loss team got into the playoffs (hint, they won thgeir conference but lost all their non-conference games or similar).

I think it came down to 2 losses. Bama with only 1 would get in over them, especially if they were close. But TCU has been close many times, played one more game than Bama in their championship game, and only lost that one. Fatigue played a part, but it is hard to put a two loss team that didn't even play in their conference championship in over a 1 loss team that only lost the conference championship by 3 in OT. With expansion coming it won't matter much soon as the arguments will more be how the hell a 3 or 4 loss team got into the playoffs (hint, they won thgeir conference but lost all their non-conference games or similar).

My biggest problem with this is the added stress they put on the SEC Championship game for years. Tua lost a Heisman due to it, and the SEC Championship was the de facto natty a couple of times that costed teams like Georgia and us in the whole run of decisions leading to who played for a Natty. All of a sudden, TCU gets drilled for 90% of the game and makes it look respectful at the end, loses, and still gets in like a week after needing, albeit, one of the most well orchestrated run out field goals as time was expiring against Baylor.

You're right, we lost two games. We looked bad penalty wise all year long. Yet we still lost both games by one more point than TCU lost their one game, and we lost to a Top 5 team at the time and another in the Top 10 I believe it was at the time. We were never blown out anywhere like Ohio State either. I think we belonged in over Ohio State more than anyone, but the TCU deal pushes me a little bit too. No way we weren't a Top 4 team this season. Georgia did not want to play us, they were really worried that Championship Saturday. You can never count us out. That can't be said for the others.

That is a closer argument. One team has two losses by a total of 4 points, both losses on the last play of the game to top ten teams. The other has one loss, but was demolished in the second half of that game.
But the mouth for the playoff committee talked about it being a close game til very end...didnt watch it....but it was also at home for osu...they didn't mention that either...
Bama fatigue is what kept bama out

We still talking about who deserved to be in :). Man you guys keep beating that dead horse. So let me take one last whack, two losses, undisciplined play and giving up 50+ points. Sorry we do not deserve it. Could we play a clean game and compete with anyone sure but Bama's resume is out there and it is not up to par. I know I am measuring bama against bama and not the other teams but just the way I think.

But the mouth for the playoff committee talked about it being a close game til very end...didnt watch it....but it was also at home for osu...they didn't mention that either...
Not making an argument for OSU here, just pointing ouot that close until the end isn't badly off.

OSU had the lead at the half 20-17. Michigan took the 24-20 lead a few minutes into the third. Nobody scored again until the 4th. Michigan outscored them 21-3 in the 4th to make it a full on blowout but it was only 31-23 with something like 7 minutes left.

Good god never Ohio State. Their fans suck. I'd root to see Michigan and Harbaugh over Georgia just to see the absolute meltdown Georgia fans would have. Their fans would have you believe they ended Bama's dynasty and Kirby was the only reason for Alabama's success.

The SEC is Bama at least in Football. As far as the Georigia goes, do not give their program more positives... In the long run they will not sustain (based on history of more than the last 3 or 4 years) but no reason to give them more momentum or program positives.. Smart will use it in recruiting as he should, so do not give them that ammo.

ouchdoes Georgia, or for that matter any team in the SEC, winning the title help Alabama?

This thread confirms an assertion I've had for awhile now—a lot of Alabama football fans here, no so much football fans. 😈
It doesn't help Bama per se. It does however keep the SEC rep as the premier conference.
I am a football fan. Especially and primarily an Alabama football fan. I believe you settle any beef with uga or anyone else, on the field.

Back
Top Bottom