| FTBL Poll: Who do you WANT to win tonight?

Which team do you WANT to win the national championship?

• UGA

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • TCU

Votes: 30 96.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are we watching Georgia’s defense?! That’s what Bama should look like…what we used to look like. Georgia is physical, imposing and they play with an attitude. I hope Nick is watching and not just commentating…
Best part. Nick had to sit and watch....
Had to see what a big bad D can do...and offensive efficiency...

Watch Nick.....you had better talent and wasted it..

They were also able to WIN both of those games. They are aggressive and mean. They close out games. They beat BOTH of the teams we LOST to. I know how you like your stats, 15-0 > 11-2. SEC and National Champs > not winning your division. How about those stats?
Point
Head

Much like I don't look at a Georgia vs Florida game and attempt to use some transitive property to define an Alabama vs Florida game I don't look at what happened with Tennessee in light of their game with UGA. That said, I don't look at the UT loss in the same light as others do—that was an extremely mature and experienced offense. (Hell, there are QBs in the league that are younger than Hooker.) They attacked, successfully, the areas of a Saban defense which have always been weak.

I can assure you that Saban isn't looking at the LSU loss and pointing soley to the defense. Alabama's offense ran through Bryce. Taking into account he was far from 100% for a stretch of four or five games this year, that loss still falls at his feet. You can't have an offense running through your QB when he's barely completing 50% of his passes. (And yes, blame is to be shared here with the entire offense—dropped balls, penalties, and the like.)

IF we're going to choose to define Alabama on Georgia's performance last night we also have to define Georgia's opponent based upon the team that defeated them in the Big 12 title game.

IF we're going to choose to define Alabama on Georgia's performance last night we also have to define Georgia's opponent based upon the team that defeated them in the Big 12 title game.

I think this is the whole point a few of us tried to make when Selection Sunday was here and when they had that Kansas State loss under their belt. Some said on this very forum we weren't deserving, but I can guarantee you this, we would have given a better game than we saw last night. Yes, that means I'm assuming we beat Michigan, but saw nothing in that game to make me think we don't get past the Wolverines. Hard to punish an undefeated conference champ, but TCU, Michigan, and Ohio State were no better than we were in my mind. Ohio State would have given us the most trouble due to their ability to throw the ball, but the other two would have gotten outmuscled by us.

I think this is the whole point a few of us tried to make when Selection Sunday was here and when they had that Kansas State loss under their belt. Some said on this very forum we weren't deserving, but I can guarantee you this, we would have given a better game than we saw last night. Yes, that means I'm assuming we beat Michigan, but saw nothing in that game to make me think we don't get past the Wolverines. Hard to punish an undefeated conference champ, but TCU, Michigan, and Ohio State were no better than we were in my mind. Ohio State would have given us the most trouble due to their ability to throw the ball, but the other two would have gotten outmuscled by us.
I had my problem with tcu. They skated so manytimes vs big 12 ...but the way they played and came back was incredible.....

But Tennessee fans say...why bama?......we beat them...

I had my problem with tcu. They skated so manytimes vs big 12 ...but the way they played and came back was incredible.....

But Tennessee fans say...why bama?......we beat them...

The reasons I saw that is because they got spanked by both Georgia and South Carolina away from home and we lost by four total points in both away games. You add that in with their starting quarterback getting hurt and there is no way I think they are a better team than us. Think of everything that had to go their way, at home, with their Heisman caliber quarterback, to win by 3 points on the last play by about 6 inches. That's my argument for why us over them.

P.S. I haven't bought into the Joe Milton being the next guy for them. Major drop off if you ask me. Clemson was bent over and exploited for what i felt they were as a team, but Joe Milton has not looked good as a college quarterback in my eyes.

Point
Head

Much like I don't look at a Georgia vs Florida game and attempt to use some transitive property to define an Alabama vs Florida game I don't look at what happened with Tennessee in light of their game with UGA. That said, I don't look at the UT loss in the same light as others do—that was an extremely mature and experienced offense. (Hell, there are QBs in the league that are younger than Hooker.) They attacked, successfully, the areas of a Saban defense which have always been weak.

I can assure you that Saban isn't looking at the LSU loss and pointing soley to the defense. Alabama's offense ran through Bryce. Taking into account he was far from 100% for a stretch of four or five games this year, that loss still falls at his feet. You can't have an offense running through your QB when he's barely completing 50% of his passes. (And yes, blame is to be shared here with the entire offense—dropped balls, penalties, and the like.)

I did say that the offense needed to improve as well. We are not violent on either side of the ball. Hell…if Bryce was so bad against LSU (and he was not himself) why not replace him…oh that’s right he was all we had. Also, he was running for his life all night. I was at that game. It was loud and obnoxious and he did not manage it well. Bottom line is we scored 31 points and our DEFENSE couldn’t manage to contain them in overtime…the same way we couldn’t stop Tennessee at the end of that game. How many times did our team screw up third downs because of blown coverages or penalties? How many times did our offense blow it with stupid holding or offsides calls? Coaching ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL has been poor and the result has been undisciplined football. Talent-wise, we should have beat every team we faced by at least 2 TDS. I blame it on coaching…it ultimately falls on Coach Saban. He is at the head of the table. If he doesn’t make changes…Georgia gets a 3-peat…

I did say that the offense needed to improve as well. We are not violent on either side of the ball. Hell…if Bryce was so bad against LSU (and he was not himself) why not replace him…oh that’s right he was all we had. Also, he was running for his life all night. I was at that game. It was loud and obnoxious and he did not manage it well. Bottom line is we scored 31 points and our DEFENSE couldn’t manage to contain them in overtime…the same way we couldn’t stop Tennessee at the end of that game. How many times did our team screw up third downs because of blown coverages or penalties? How many times did our offense blow it with stupid holding or offsides calls? Coaching ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL has been poor and the result has been undisciplined football. Talent-wise, we should have beat every team we faced by at least 2 TDS. I blame it on coaching…it ultimately falls on Coach Saban. He is at the head of the table. If he doesn’t make changes…Georgia gets a 3-peat…
If u seeuga schedule...its set for 3 peat without bama stopping them

Of course. They will have to come up withQB

If u seeuga schedule...its set for 3 peat without bama stopping them

It's a cakewalk.

322881008_915681606480951_7685326085185913143_n.jpg

In some fairness to UGA, the SEC made them get out of the OU game to begin the year... but they'd have still won easily. The issue is the east is just terrible other than the Vols who have come back to life... they've basically just replaced Florida though in the pecking order while the Gators have sunk again. The new schedule format can't get here quick enough...

In some fairness to UGA, the SEC made them get out of the OU game to begin the year... but they'd have still won easily. The issue is the east is just terrible other than the Vols who have come back to life... they've basically just replaced Florida though in the pecking order while the Gators have sunk again. The new schedule format can't get here quick enough...
Thats why i call it the "ACCeast".
I see MANY on here complaining about Clemsons schedule....
Clemsons much harder than uga

F8825A6B-82F8-4FF5-96D7-359618B3A715.png

I will leave this here as a major reason for this year and "why Bama" even with 2 losses - Penalties, Penalties and more Penalties. The games they lost have a different outcome with anything in the reasonable range of penalties. 17 penalties in a game is beyond anything anyone would expect a team to have much less having a chance to win.

I still believe the D is significantly worse than they have been and should be. I do not care what stat you look at. If you give up 50+ points you are not a great D no matter what stat you look at. D has been a problem for several years and well below the Bama standard. Gotta admit you have a problem before you can fix it.

Defensive philosophy definately changed since we went basketball on grass. We are not as physical or as disciplined. It’s like the players expect to give up yards points etc. It starts with CNS. Some say it’s about the DL, not being dominate. Do we recruit a different type player now? Thinking it goes back to lack of killer instinct and nasty attitude. Cochran took a lot of swagger with him when he left. It hasn’t been replaced.

I will leave this here as a major reason for this year and "why Bama" even with 2 losses - Penalties, Penalties and more Penalties. The games they lost have a different outcome with anything in the reasonable range of penalties. 17 penalties in a game is beyond anything anyone would expect a team to have much less having a chance to win.

I still believe the D is significantly worse than they have been and should be. I do not care what stat you look at. If you give up 50+ points you are not a great D no matter what stat you look at. D has been a problem for several years and well below the Bama standard. Gotta admit you have a problem before you can fix it.
And "really really" doesnt sound like he is ready to admit it

Defensive philosophy definately changed since we went basketball on grass. We are not as physical or as disciplined. It’s like the players expect to give up yards points etc. It starts with CNS. Some say it’s about the DL, not being dominate. Do we recruit a different type player now? Thinking it goes back to lack of killer instinct and nasty attitude. Cochran took a lot of swagger with him when he left. It hasn’t been replaced.
Our D philosophy did change.....massively

Back
Top Bottom