| OT Please welcome Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC !

Curious if altercations on game day will be up in the SEC this year. It's a welcome sight for me as I'm tired of the kumbaya mentality out there. I want old school hated rivalry.
In my opinion, based on games with OU fans in Tuscaloosa and Norman, along with other experiences? No. OU fans will be some of the most respectful.

Texas fans? They are Georgia fans wearing another ugly orange color. 'Cept, UGA has a little trophy case they can point to...UTx, not so much.

In my opinion, based on games with OU fans in Tuscaloosa and Norman, along with other experiences? No. OU fans will be some of the most respectful.

Texas fans? They are Georgia fans wearing another ugly orange color. 'Cept, UGA has a little trophy case they can point to...UTx, not so much.

That's a game where I wish I just had the time and money to just "be there" and smile and point the entire weekend.

My limited experience being around OU and Texas fans falls in the same line... I've been to 2 Bama vs. OU games... only once has a Sooner fan gotten out of line, and he was well past drunk, which fueled it. Before the BCS Championship game in Pasadena, Texas fans (the younger crowd) were overly obnoxious... constantly running their mouths outside the stadium. After the game, by the time the celebration was over and we left the stadium, they had magically disappeared...

Never been to Norman... would like to get there at some point...

2003 in Tuscaloosa
2013 Sugar Bowl (with @doemasters & @Kirk Van de Graaff)
OH, I forgot about '13 and the Sugar.

Go. It's worth the trip. I can't remember how long it actually took for me to drive from here. 14 hours, maybe? When I drove I went through ATL, then N AL, through Arkansas (slept there for a bit) and then through that vast....dry land.

I flew once. Charleston through Houston to OK City. Then, drove to Shawnee...Houston and it's airport. Look. You know how I like to cut up. I had a BLAST at that airport. Damn...I was out there for almost three weeks. Played golf everyday.

There's a bar/restaurant that's about three blocks from the stadium. The open end of the stadium. Go left for three blocks, then another left. It's a brick building. That place is the Hounds tooth, back in the '90's, but "Oklahoma style." The food? It makes the Houndstooth look like pulled pork at the Circle K.

When I was there I left their spring game at halftime. Partly, because I wanted a beer. Then again...I had the munchies. That place had a ribeye that was at least an inch think. marbled like any food guy would want, and they understood "rare."

It just means more.

I'd imagine OU softball fans can be annoying... but at this point, it's kinda hard to blame them if they are... not sure if I'll go to the series in Tuscaloosa next year or not, but it would be a decent barometer to get a reading on them...
Been there. Done that.

They are close to Michigan fans. But, they look better.

The last interaction I had with their fan base was the last week of Nov. and the first week of Dec. last year. I was just putting updates in...reading content as the process was going on. They look at Gasso about like UF fans look at Walton.

I haven't seen a game there. It's a pretty nice park when I walked through.

OH, I forgot about '13 and the Sugar.

Go. It's worth the trip. I can't remember how long it actually took for me to drive from here. 14 hours, maybe? When I drove I went through ATL, then N AL, through Arkansas (slept there for a bit) and then through that vast....dry land.

I flew once. Charleston through Houston to OK City. Then, drove to Shawnee...Houston and it's airport. Look. You know how I like to cut up. I had a BLAST at that airport. Damn...I was out there for almost three weeks. Played golf everyday.

There's a bar/restaurant that's about three blocks from the stadium. The open end of the stadium. Go left for three blocks, then another left. It's a brick building. That place is the Hounds tooth, back in the '90's, but "Oklahoma style." The food? It makes the Houndstooth look like pulled pork at the Circle K.

When I was there I left their spring game at halftime. Partly, because I wanted a beer. Then again...I had the munchies. That place had a ribeye that was at least an inch think. marbled like any food guy would want, and they understood "rare."

It just means more.

I'll probably get there at some point, but not sure when. Years ago I really wanted to visit every SEC stadium for a Bama game... that plan has kinda dried up... no desire to visit Florida for instance. Still a couple I'd like to see though, and I'd include OU in that very small handful. I'm more interested in marking off all the MLB stadiums first... 😆

Back
Top Bottom