| PRO Pete Golding's former players continued to fiercely defend the ex-Tide DC at the NFL combine.

Bama alum at combine: "He's going to do a great job. He's accurate, knows the offense, and I expect some great years in front of him."

Tide fans applaud, "the position is in great hands. He's seen him daily in practices."

Bama alum at the combine praising the job the defensive coordinator has done:

Tide fans, "it's a job interview! It doesn't mean a thing."

Bama alum at combine: "He's going to do a great job. He's accurate, knows the offense, and I expect some great years in front of him."

Tide fans applaud, "the position is in great hands. He's seen him daily in practices."

Bama alum at the combine praising the job the defensive coordinator has done:

Tide fans, "it's a job interview! It doesn't mean a thing."

Do me a favor and rank Kirby, Pruitt, and Golding based on the job they did at Alabama. All guys with multiple years at the position with loads of talent.

Do me a favor and rank Kirby, Pruitt, and Golding based on the job they did at Alabama. All guys with multiple years at the position with loads of talent.
I'd say 1. Pruitt, 2. Kirby, and 3. Golding. Golding last is a no brainer. And, according the the stats I looked at, Pruitt's defense averaged a #1 ranking., where Kirby's did not.

Not long enough.
If we cant get Pruitt next year, then yeah.... I'd like for Steele to be here for another year. But, if Pruitt is able to come in next year and be the DC, it's his. It just all depends on what Pruitt is hit with by the Ncaa , which he likely will be, but next question is for how long, and in what capacity can he coach? May be a 3-5 year thing, maybe not. I just want it to be over with soon so we'll know what will likely happen with him.

If we cant get Pruitt next year, then yeah.... I'd like for Steele to be here for another year. But, if Pruitt is able to come in next year and be the DC, it's his. It just all depends on what Pruitt is hit with by the Ncaa , which he likely will be, but next question is for how long, and in what capacity can he coach? May be a 3-5 year thing, maybe not. I just want it to be over with soon so we'll know what will likely happen with him.
Saban needs to move on and forget about Pruitt.

Saban needs to move on and forget about Pruitt.
If he can't coach for a number of years, yeah... he likely will. But if it's just a year or two, he's gonna bring him on as something and give it to him whenever he can. But it's hard to move on from a guy who's coached, and been apart of some great defenses over the years. He's a great coach, so it be worth it for Saban to have him.

Tell me how to rank one coach versus another when they are facing different opposition, with different schemes, with different players?

What happened in 2016 can't be compared to 2020, or 2011. There are far too many variables.

Tell me how to rank one coach versus another when they are facing different opposition, with different schemes, with different players?

What happened in 2016 can't be compared to 2020, or 2011. There are far too many variables.

You love statistics, so rank them that way if it helps. I am pretty certain you aren't ranking Golding above either of the two. Not counting Tosh, those are the three coordinators that have been around since I went to Alabama and became a fan. Your comments about "Tide fans" undermines us all as you simply think we are wrong for having the opinion we have. Yet out of the three, he is by far the worst and probably had the most talent. Two of the greatest recruiting classes of all-time (which he was a part of bring in, so props there), and yet we underachieved and went backwards in every metric if I recall the statistic tables people have brought to the discussion. So how can you say I am wrong in my thoughts of Golding when I have that to go on and he is the worst of the bunch?

Also, of course he'll do well at Ole Miss, their dedense sucks and really has no place to go, but up. He's not terrible, he's just not doing it for me and the team I give my time and money to.

. Your comments about "Tide fans" undermines us all as you simply think we are wrong for having the opinion we have.
How do you justify that thought versus Saban wanting Golding to stay?

What I was pointing out was the duplicity found when fans agree with players: as long as it fits their narrative, it's all good.

How do you justify that thought versus Saban wanting Golding to stay?

What I was pointing out was the duplicity found when fans agree with players: as long as it fits their narrative, it's all good.

You have that anywhere in life, not just here. It's human nature. You also have players all over the board saying it wasn't up to the level they played at or where held to during their time at Alabama, so you even have actual players not agreeing on it.

As far as Saban goes, he was likely setting up for Pruitt by wanting Golding to stay one more year, and since he was under contract it made sense to him. That same sentiment has been hit on by multiple people on here. Was Coach Saban 100% happy with our defense? I would suspect not. Not from what he is used to. Can't simply outscore everyone, so you can only blame the offense so much. With Saban sitting there hearing Pollack say Georgia was the new stabdard you knew he was pissed off and wanted folks to know that wasn't the case and a change was necessary. Can't win a Natty with Bryce Young and William Anderson on your veteran team there is an issue.

Was Coach Saban 100% happy with our defense? I would suspect not. Not from what he is used to. Can't simply outscore everyone, so you can only blame the offense so much.
We know the man doesn't like losing: no one does. Ironically, you've hit the nail on the head where his concern was: the offense.

We know the man doesn't like losing: no one does. Ironically, you've hit the nail on the head where his concern was: the offense.

This is an honest question. We averaged almost 42 points per game last season, more than the year before. I understand concerns at the end of the Tennessee game with play calling, but how does he have overall concerns with an offense that puts up the third most points on average in the entire country over a defense that fared worse? Our offense outscored Georgia the last two seasons based on the numbers I am looking at. We still scored 37 points per game away from Bryant Denny.

Defense was a tick better too, overall, but look at our away stats compared to home. Mind you we played good teams on the road and had a bad home schedule.

No doubt the OL has been an issue especially in the run game. With regards to the Defense it has been subpar under Golden. Why? That is someone else to decide like CNS. I will say the most surprising D performance I saw when the D was elite was the NC game against Clemson when we basically shut them down in the 2nd half but then allowed them to get almost 100 snaps in a game and gave up like 40 points. Never thought that D would give up that many. It took a freek QB athelete to do it and an injury to our RB.

No doubt the OL has been an issue especially in the run game. With regards to the Defense it has been subpar under Golden. Why? That is someone else to decide like CNS. I will say the most surprising D performance I saw when the D was elite was the NC game against Clemson when we basically shut them down in the 2nd half but then allowed them to get almost 100 snaps in a game and gave up like 40 points. Never thought that D would give up that many. It took a freek QB athelete to do it and an injury to our RB.
And a blatantly missed call.

Back
Top Bottom