| CURRENT EVENTS People boycotting Publix because of their donations gets me thinking about something. "Red" vs "Blue" shopping options.

I'm not one to boycott anything although I do pay more attention to things made in China more than ever. Seeing all of these people talk about boycotting Publix led me to wonder, "what would I do if I had a choice?"

I'm not asking which store you'd shop. Just if you would consider one over the other. Let's say grocery store A sets themselves apart along conservative ideals. The opposite of Starbucks approach. And, let's say grocery store B, just across the street, was that ultra-left leaning type.

Would you choose one over the other? What about a bank?

Is it far fetched that we're headed this way? I'm entertaining the thought it's going to be like the choice on a Sunday morning; "I'm going to this ______ because of what they preach over at that ______"

I would absolutely refuse to do business with one on the left given a viable alternative. A parallel economy based on bartering is beginning to fill the need of deplorables wanting to withdraw. Churches are another matter, they should have their tax exempt status eliminated by law. They are business after all.

Balkanization?
What is to be gained by continuing to be professional punching bags of the left? Demonization has been coming from the left for a long time. It is especially vitriolic towards Caucasian hetero men. How much is enough? You give them anything at all and they are like a bunch of sharks with blood in the water. Serious discussions should be started about becoming multiple countries.

The Publix near our home has competition from a Neighborhood Walfart, which now only a self-checkout store. I prefer better better quality produce and, of course, a much cleaner store. Screw the protesters. I'm shopping at Publix.

The Publix near our home has competition from a Neighborhood Walfart, which now only a self-checkout store. I prefer better better quality produce and, of course, a much cleaner store. Screw the protesters. I'm shopping at Publix.
Have one of that kind of war here. Well Oxford, Anniston Al. Also LaGrange, Ga. Publix, WM, Winn Dixie, Alden Store.

There are some companies way out there that I do avoid. Starbucks is indeed one of them, both due to their distant social/political stances, plus I'm not too keen on paying ridiculous prices for a cup of coffee. Dick's on 2nd Amendment differences. I know I've ranted before, and I still buy things from them occasionally out of necessity, but Amazon's relationship with Communist China has been and remains the most damaging to U.S. industry and retailers. Walmart is probably second, but I don't have the data for that.

There are some companies way out there that I do avoid. Starbucks is indeed one of them, both due to their distant social/political stances, plus I'm not too keen on paying ridiculous prices for a cup of coffee. Dick's on 2nd Amendment differences. I know I've ranted before, and I still buy things from them occasionally out of necessity, but Amazon's relationship with Communist China has been and remains the most damaging to U.S. industry and retailers. Walmart is probably second, but I don't have the data for that.

I don't drink coffee, but if I did, I'd avoid Starbucks for both those same reasons.

Not hardly. Farmers markets, local farmers. Piggly Wiggly, Foodland, Winn Dixie. The independent pharmacy that I have been using for over 15 yrs will even run a tab until the first of the month. Try that with CVS, Wally World, etc. Simply because the first time that I went in there, I introduced myself and told them I shop local and I’ve spent a small fortune there over the years.

Last edited:
Idiot Liberals boycotting Publix is a good thing, imo. That'll mean fewer people in there when I go buy groceries.

Also, no on has said a word to me the pas few times I've been in there and didn't wear a mask. I only wear one at work because it's required; but no where else.

Not hardly. Farmers markets, local farmers. Piggly Wiggly, Foodland, Winn Dixie. The independent pharmacy that I have been using for over 15 yrs will even run a tab until the first of the month. Try that with CVS, Wally World, etc. Simply because the first time that I went in there, I introduced myself and told them I shop local and I’ve spent a small fortune there over the years.
A tinge of sarcasm missed here. 🙃

While I don't agree with the move Dick's made, in a sense I can understand the policy (IF I'm remembering this correctly.) Didn't they sell a shotgun to the Parkland shooter? If I'm remembering this correctly they did but that gun wasn't used in the shooting. Interestingly enough, it's the mom and pop stores here in town that are still carrying ammo. (And on another note, I've noticed the ACE near me is phasing out their ammo as well as their knife selection although I don't know if any of their decision(s) are related.

Starbucks? Tim, that's just bad coffee in my view.

While I don't agree with the move Dick's made, in a sense I can understand the policy (IF I'm remembering this correctly.) Didn't they sell a shotgun to the Parkland shooter? If I'm remembering this correctly they did but that gun wasn't used in the shooting. Interestingly enough, it's the mom and pop stores here in town that are still carrying ammo. (And on another note, I've noticed the ACE near me is phasing out their ammo as well as their knife selection although I don't know if any of their decision(s) are related.

Starbucks? Tim, that's just bad coffee in my view.

Yes, they sold a shotgun to the killer that wasn’t used in the crime. Afterward, they made a choice, and I made a choice.

Starbucks’ coffee quality makes my avoidance easier.

Back
Top Bottom