| RECRUIT OT Tyler Steen ~ 6'5", 315lbs (Vanderbilt.) commits to Alabama

TBH this seems to be a little disappointing. This indicates to me that the serious talent we have accumulated in the last couple of recruiting cycles is not panning out. Where are the Brockemeyer twins? Terrence Ferguson? Amari Kight? Tommy Brown? Tanner Bowles? Are we going this route because of injuries, or is it a lack of ability? I know we found gold when we got Landon Dickerson, but it's also good when the elite recruits you bring in actually perform. But I guess that's how the game is played these days. And I know Saban knows exactly what he's doing, so I know Steen will contribute in some form.

TBH this seems to be a little disappointing. This indicates to me that the serious talent we have accumulated in the last couple of recruiting cycles is not panning out. Where are the Brockemeyer twins? Terrence Ferguson? Amari Kight? Tommy Brown? Tanner Bowles? Are we going this route because of injuries, or is it a lack of ability? I know we found gold when we got Landon Dickerson, but it's also good when the elite recruits you bring in actually perform. But I guess that's how the game is played these days. And I know Saban knows exactly what he's doing, so I know Steen will contribute in some form.

Tommy Brown transferred to Colorado. I'd hate to see it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Bowles hit the portal after spring practice.

Agreed … Tommy Brown’s in the portal and Tommy Brockemeyer has had injury problems his entire time on campus. Like you, im floored Bama needs help on the o-line. They’ve signed enough 5 Star and high 4 Star recruits to field two elite lines. And I might be mistaken but this seems to me the first time Saban hasn’t had the left tackle position already assigned to a future 1st Round draft pick.

Where are the Brockemeyer twins? Terrence Ferguson? Amari Kight? Tommy Brown? Tanner Bowles? Are we going this route because of injuries, or is it a lack of ability?
You're mixing positions here. Six guys you've mentioned and only two of them are tackles.

Ferguson is a guard. Bowles is a center.

As @Davestwin mentions, Tommy B has been injured since last fall but more importantly he still needs to gain weight and isn't strong enough for SEC play right now. His brother is a center.

Kight is running with the 2's at tackle now. He had the most snaps this past season against A&M.

Steen, on the other hand, has about as many SEC starts as Kight has snaps.

Back
Top Bottom