| RECRUIT OT Tyler Steen ~ 6'5", 315lbs (Vanderbilt.) commits to Alabama

Word on radio is he wants Bama but wants a guaranteed starting position and Bama didn’t give it to him and that seems to be hold up. He’s not a guaranteed starter day one.
Tells me all I need to know. You need to go elsewhere, if this is the case.

Saban promises everyone a chance to compete for a spot. It is totally up to you. Most of the athletes he recruits are confident in their ability to think that they can get on the field. Wanting a guarantee, sounds like he wants to ride on his previous accomplishments. CNS don't play that.

442b47fc0d37151af84eb60dcc15306b--childhood-memories-school-memories.jpg

Well Damn. @TerryP

We talked about the combination of the OL recently... Now Correct me if I'm wrong: Saban has never "promised" a starting spot to any of the transfers... He simply said work hard, follow the process and see where it happens..." IF Steen isn't willing to work hard then we don't need him right?

Saw this posted on the Bama rant page

Word on radio is he wants Bama but wants a guaranteed starting position and Bama didn’t give it to him and that seems to be hold up. He’s not a guaranteed starter day one.
If true, he and his advisers aren’t very knowledgeable about Saban. You’d have to be a college football neophyte not to know Saban doesn’t guarantee positions to anyone. Players who were starters the previous season and those who are starters in the current season for that matter still have to compete to keep being starters. That has been widely covered by the media so I would be shocked if it’s really true.

If true, he and his advisers aren’t very knowledgeable about Saban. You’d have to be a college football neophyte not to know Saban doesn’t guarantee positions to anyone. Players who were starters the previous season and those who are starters in the current season for that matter still have to compete to keep being starters. That has been widely covered by the media so I would be shocked if it’s really true.
It doesn't add up right.

If he's not wanting competition and a chance to be a high draft pick. I expect him to go to a lesser school or a big program on the rise a bit. Probably will hurt his draft prospects but he will still get drafted

FWIW, it looks like he's going to announce at the beginning of next week. I heard that last week. 🤷‍♂️

Seriously. In an interview Steen's dad said the decision has been made. We'll find out soon enough.

On the note of guaranteed playing time.

I can't remember the players name but the story I can clearly. He was a highly touted prospect who visited during camp and after seeing what he was up against he chose to look at other schools. I've seen the something different, but alike, when the same type of player has visited and the team thought they weren't a good fit.

Wolford has done his job recruiting him. Hats off. He was as good as signed before the visit; still may be this morning. We do know that his visit was eye opening which is good on a few levels.

Back
Top Bottom