| LIFE Operation Empty Nest

Moose #2 from Thursday morning. Probably 100' from the house. This guy was HUGE, I tried getting some different photos, but spooked him when I got outside. Roughly 100' from the house for reference.

i-jztrxrv-X2.jpg

I'm gonna keep posting photos to this thread to give you all insight into Montana. Hope you enjoy!

Took a hike up to Morrell Falls on Memorial Day. It's part of the Lolo National Forest and 5.4 miles round trip with minimal elevation change (~500' each way).

A few miles down the road from the trail-head. Gives some perspective on the fire damage, read it was about 200k acres in 2017.

i-JLJjwpC-X2.jpg

A few pictures of the fire damage. If you've never walked through an forest that still has extensive fire damage, it's very surreal.
i-5V6T6BP-X2.jpg
i-mxNxbtS-X2.jpg

A bridge in route to the falls.
i-8tDc5SS-X3.jpg

There are two ponds/lakes that are downstream of the falls. This one is the larger lake, probably 50 acres in size.
i-VGs9mdJ-X3.jpg

This is the smaller lake, roughly 20 acres in size.
i-b7VPZ2V-X3.jpg

I understand that in a month or so the runoff from the mountains will be over and you can get alot closer to the falls. The falls are probably 50' higher or so.
i-fdX7XsP-X2.jpg

Went up to Flathead Lake for the 4th to hang out with some friends, just beautiful. Definitely would love to have a lake house here at some point.

Caught some perch, lake trouts, and bass up there as well :)

i-CmGqTXg-X2.jpg
Ever seen an animal land bridge before? I've seen a few of these around the country.
i-nCmPM7T-X2.jpg

Went wheeling with a group. The wildflowers were amazing!

i-Jd85dwr-X3.jpg

Visited a few abandoned mines as well from the trip above.

i-jnXzbw3-X2.jpg
I've been doing some fly fishing as well, also learning how to tie flies, which should be fun to do this winter.

I have a few camping trips coming up which should provide some pretty good photo opportunities. I'm hesitant to post some of the fly fishing photos, you guys just might hate me more than you already do :ROFLMAO:

Went up to the Beartooth Mountains last weekend for some camping and wheeling (NE of Yellowstone).

A snow machine up on the Beartooths.

i-Vqn5rvV-XL.jpg

Land Cruiser, best damn vehicle!

i-KN9qfQJ-XL.jpg

i-9TLD2q9-XL.jpg

Goose Lake

i-qf2ttkK-XL.jpg

Buffalo in Yellowstone.

i-55t7S8b-XL.jpg

Snow machine on the roof of a business in Cooke City, MT.

i-RMVWhNb-L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom