| FTBL One less hack in the state media...McCready finally out...

TerryP

Staff
I had heard about this a couple of weeks ago and also learned he was joining the Rivals.com group. Ends up, not only is he not on the radio anymore he's no longer in the state. I just noticed an article written my him that has him linked to the Ole Miss site.

Re: One less hack in the state media...McCready finally out.

TerryP said:
I had heard about this a couple of weeks ago and also learned he was joining the Rivals.com group. Ends up, not only is he not on the radio anymore he's no longer in the state. I just noticed an article written my him that has him linked to the Ole Miss site.

One down 10+ more to go...

Just so long as he's not involved with recruiting rankings :D

Re: One less hack in the state media...McCready finally out.

shipley00 said:
TerryP said:

One down 10+ more to go...

Just so long as he's not involved with recruiting rankings :D

I don't think McCready has any input in the Saban recruiting rankings, which after all is the most important one.

:) :) :)

Writers for the Rival sites can voice opinions on players they think the Analyst need to take a closer look at...but, they aren't involved in actually ranking the players on a nationwide scale.

Bobby Burton, Mike Farrell, Jeremy Crabtree and Barry Everest have the most say in the national picture. For the Southeast, it's primarily Barton Simmons (covers the SEC) and Farrell (ACC and Big East.)

Site owners can have a say in the matter, as long as it makes sense. As example, Mike Scarborough (TigerBait.com - LSU) sent an email out stating that every DB Saban recruited for LSU should be given a 5* because Saban knows DB's (when CNS was at LSU.) Of course, he doesn't quite hold that view today. I'm not saying it was BOL, but last year when they were holding the MS vs AL All-Star game and Alonzo Lawrence was doing more than holding his own against Julio and De'Andre Brown the national guys took a closer look at Lawrence...which, resulted in his HUGE bump up the ratings charts.

In his article that I noticed the other day it wasn't "anti-Bama" but it was the kind of reading that Rebel fans may take as a sign that Ole Miss has a shot at Austin Long, OT out of Briarwood Christian in Memphis. That said, from everything I've heard it's not going to be a race between Bama and Ole Miss for his signature. I wouldn't go as far as to say he's ours, but he's definitely a heavy Bama lean.

Back
Top Bottom