| FTBL Nutt out

maybe the aggies will pick him up. i've heard his name in the hat there, how funny is that.

it's a shame how the "springfield crew" pretty much disbanded that team. i don't know the whole story, but anytime parents get together and go to the AD there is a big problem.

Sexton says it's not true, but virtually every news source out here says it's true.

I sort of hate to see him go. Wanted him to stay at Ark forever and become Saban's eternal whipping boy.

Tideboy said:
Sexton says it's not true, but virtually every news source out here says it's true.

I sort of hate to see him go. Wanted him to stay at Ark forever and become Saban's eternal whipping
boy.

The school administration is claiming it's all exaggerated.

Jimmy Sexton, Nutt’s agent, could not be reached for comment Friday.

Meanwhile after discussions with and the consent of University of Arkansas Chancellor Dr. John White, Tysen Kendig, the vice chancellor of University Relations, issued a statement Friday night reiterating what White said Thursday regarding Nutt’s future and also chastising some of the rumors and reports Friday.

At Thursday’s announcement that the UA is merging its Razorback and Lady Razorback athletic departments, White said he always discusses the football program after the season with retiring athletics director Frank Broyles and in the meantime supports Nutt and his staff for today’s game and the Nov. 23 game at LSU which concludes the regular season.

“It seems some media outlets chose to falsely legitimize baseless rumors with unknown details from unnamed sources without first seeking the benefit of fact from the University,” Kendig’s statement read. “The fact is, there has been no determination regarding the status of Houston Nutt nor would there be until the normal review process for coaches takes place after the season.”

Kendig said White affirmed this Thursday and that “nothing has changed in regard to the coach’s status with the Razorback football team since that time. Reports to the contrary are misleading and irresponsible.”

Jeff Long, who in replacing Broyles becomes vice chancellor for intercollegiate athletics and director of athletics on Jan. 1, currently is in an advisory capacity to White.

At Thursday’s merger announcement Long also expressed support for Nutt these final two games.

Link to the NW Arkansas News site and story

Back
Top Bottom