| RECRUIT November update: The Tide's '18 class coming into shape

Joseph cancelled his announcement, Parker got an offer and Trout went to USC(w), meanwhile offers are still going out one month before the early signing period. No panic right. We are just being selective due to numbers. No issues with recruiting, cool as a summer's breeze. Hmmmmm?

Thanks for sharing this information with us. Several on here and other places have complained about us being behind in recruiting this season, but I would rather have key positions filled any day than just to sign a player to a LOI.

Something is getting real fishy here about every recruit visiting Georgia, and then all of a sudden falling in love with it here. I get it, Georgia has always recruited well, put guys in the NFL, in my mind has one of the prettiest campus' in the country, has fine women walking around, and good academics. BUT, does it not seem as if there may be something a little extra going on? No way on Earth Kirby is a better recruiter than Saban. He has no results to base anything off of like Alabama and Saban. Yeah, I also understand the new shiny car appeal to Georgia and what Curbee is building, but it just feels as if something is off to me. Anyone else feeling this way? Dabo is pulling recruits along the same premise, but I don't think he's necessarily pulling the exact guys we expect to get and used to get (he has won some head to head battles). Something is off and I just wanted to voice what I was thinking and see if anyone else thought the same. The whole Nadab Joseph deal is what really made this come to a head for me.

Something is getting real fishy here about every recruit visiting Georgia, and then all of a sudden falling in love with it here. I get it, Georgia has always recruited well, put guys in the NFL, in my mind has one of the prettiest campus' in the country, has fine women walking around, and good academics. BUT, does it not seem as if there may be something a little extra going on? No way on Earth Kirby is a better recruiter than Saban. He has no results to base anything off of like Alabama and Saban. Yeah, I also understand the new shiny car appeal to Georgia and what Curbee is building, but it just feels as if something is off to me. Anyone else feeling this way? Dabo is pulling recruits along the same premise, but I don't think he's necessarily pulling the exact guys we expect to get and used to get (he has won some head to head battles). Something is off and I just wanted to voice what I was thinking and see if anyone else thought the same. The whole Nadab Joseph deal is what really made this come to a head for me.

That's Kirby being Kirby, he can recruit. But that doesn't begin to tell the story of how Alabama recruits. We are a national brand. They come from far and wide to take their place. They will stream out of LA, CA, FL, GA, and weird states like UT. Bama doesn't need any one particular team closing the borders against the Tide to finish number 1 in recruiting. I've never seen any one particular team sustain that against us.

I’ll not be surprised if Bama moves in another direction from Joseph now. I have no inside info at all on recruiting but I’ll bet games like this secretly piss CNS and the staff off.

Seriously? Kirby was the best recruiter in the game at UA... Georgia has always been a thorn in the side and obviously has a home field advantage with all the Georgia talent. They just never had a winning team to go with it... The recruiting bump should be expected.

Seriously? Kirby was the best recruiter in the game at UA... Georgia has always been a thorn in the side and obviously has a home field advantage with all the Georgia talent. They just never had a winning team to go with it... The recruiting bump should be expected.

I know he was a good recruiter, and that is not my concern with my comments. I feel as if we had better recruiters than Kirby. Cristobal, Tosh, Ansley, and others I feel outperform/ed Kirby. I also get we're on a national landscape, moreso than any other school outside of Ohio State and a Notre Dame probably. Something just sounds fishy to me.

That's Kirby being Kirby, he can recruit. But that doesn't begin to tell the story of how Alabama recruits. We are a national brand. They come from far and wide to take their place. They will stream out of LA, CA, FL, GA, and weird states like UT. Bama doesn't need any one particular team closing the borders against the Tide to finish number 1 in recruiting. I've never seen any one particular team sustain that against us.

I get we're a national brand compared to most schools, and it's clear with our recent classes that we can poach other states from all across the country at will. And I am not worried about being #1 as much as it may sound. My comments come as more of a concern of something fishy about what Kirby is doing at Georgia, and how it has mainly affected us in particular. It just seems Georgia is getting the edge with about 95% of the recruits that have us and them in their Top 2, 3 or 5.

It appears Kirby was The Man for Georgia high school talent when he was at Bama. Bama isn't having the same results now as then. Trying to pull elite talent from Georgia now that it really appears UGA is going to be elite themselves will be uphill even for Nick and Bama. The staff will have to find great talent in other places going forward. Auburn depends on Georgia for great talent so hopefully they find the going tuff as well.

It appears Kirby was The Man for Georgia high school talent when he was at Bama. Bama isn't having the same results now as then. Trying to pull elite talent from Georgia now that it really appears UGA is going to be elite themselves will be uphill even for Nick and Bama. The staff will have to find great talent in other places going forward. Auburn depends on Georgia for great talent so hopefully they find the going tuff as well.

Well it also didn't help that in a 4-5 year span there were like a dozen Georgia kids that were suspended or kicked off the team... Seemed like those kids were cursed at UA.

But I thought Kirby was an amazing recruiter. Pretty sure he was the one that brought Rueben Foster back and did a great job in state too.

I always liked the idea of Richt staying at UGA because of the talent in that state... Hopefully we can thump them in a couple weeks and gain some momentum.

Joseph cancelled his announcement, Parker got an offer and Trout went to USC(w), meanwhile offers are still going out one month before the early signing period. No panic right. We are just being selective due to numbers. No issues with recruiting, cool as a summer's breeze. Hmmmmm?

Panic, or

DPIHUXkXkAAGvs8.jpg

I'd recommend the later.

Panic, or

DPIHUXkXkAAGvs8.jpg

I'd recommend the later.
No Panic, because its not my job to recruit these kids, but if you don't get the feeling something is seriously off with recruiting this year then the crimson glasses you are wearing are mighty thick. We just offered the 4th of 5th TE on our recruiting board. We missed on our top 3 DT. Our lone LB commit is likely a decommit that hasn't went public and we are sending out offers one month prior to the early signing period. My fellow blogger this isn't panic, just merely pointing out the facts. Now, admin can delete per your request, but I'm sure they would like the traffic on their site.

No Panic, because its not my job to recruit these kids, but if you don't get the feeling something is seriously off with recruiting this year then the crimson glasses you are wearing are mighty thick.
Personally, I choose to believe what I've been told since last February from the staff and those who cover recruiting for a living: I'm not worried, at all.

Now, admin can delete per your request, but I'm sure they would like the traffic on their site.

Yah, all that ad revenue we get from the ads...and the subscription fees we charge. :naughtydevil:

In all seriousness...

It's recruiting. And, recruiting is getting weirder each and every year. That said, just before lunch today I was told things remain the same. It was also mentioned the staff expects things, publically, to really pick up after the holiday going into the early part of December.

I know I've said this more than two dozen times...hell, may be more than three dozen...they're being selective and watching dominos fall.

What I do find interesting is we've seen schools around the conference have very few commitments just weeks before signing day and close with a BOOM. But, that happening with Bama is ... what? Not considered?

What I do find interesting is we've seen schools around the conference have very few commitments just weeks before signing day and close with a BOOM. But, that happening with Bama is ... what? Not considered?
With me I've definitely kept that in mind. I think people are just accustomed to seeing Bama up near the top at this time of the year and it's disconcerting.

In my view we have to remember this isn't a Mike Shula recruited team.

With less commits Saban can flip more dudes late... We'll have a top 5 class at worst. RTR
I know I'm breaking this down far too far...

If you look at average star ratings it's a top five class now. If we add the guys who have been blue/gray shirted the picture changes completely as well. I fear too many are looking at that damn sapling instead of looking at the tree, much less the forest.

Take Parks who is a part of this years class but signed with last years. FSU, CU, AU, UM (both,) UF, UGA, LSU, USC, UofSC,...the list goes up to over 30 committable offers Jarez had going into NSD '17. Add him on the list of the '18 kids coming in and the perception changes.

Bama has roughly 10 more spots or so (I'd have to count) and I want them to be selective. A year ago Bama had nine spots left open at this time of the year (and that's with grey shirts, back-counters, blue-shirts.) The Tide pulled in 29 last year and this season they are looking at several fewer open slots. Is the team really behind?

Big picture, ya know?

Here is a look at the top remaining recruiting targets for Alabama:

Defensive back is the top priority for Alabama in this recruiting class and Rivals100 defensive back Tyson Campbell
is at the top of their wish list.
Five-star teammate Patrick Surtain and four-star Miami commit Josh Jobe are also major Alabama targets. The Crimson Tide will have to fight off Miami for Campbell and try to wrestle Jobe away from the Canes, while LSU has a strong hold on the lead for Surtain.

Alabama’s front seven needs reloading, as well. Hybrid defensive end/outside linebacker Eyabi Anoma
a Rivals100 prospect out of Baltimore (Md.) St. Frances, and defensive tackle Christian Barmore could end up in Alabama’s class.

Quarterback is a position of strength for Alabama but the Tide want more depth. Their top quarterback target is five-star Ohio State commit Emory Jones
and he has visited Tuscaloosa for a few games already this season. If he opts to stay with the Buckeyes, look for the Crimson Tide to shift their focus towards Rivals100 Florida commit Matt Corral who just took an official visit to Alabama this past weekend.

Rivals.com - College Football Playoff update: Top 4 teams' recruiting priorities

Excitement ahead for Alabama

yiufq8bqp2xa2v9wqba6

Eyabi Anoma is high on the Tide's recruiting board
Rivals.com
fhutw5x2v80v78vj32kg
Andrew Bone • BamaInsider.com
@AndrewJBone

Alabama football recruiting fans and even the casual observers are wondering what is up with the Crimson Tide's 2018 class. It's late November and Alabama is ranked No. 34 in the Rivals Team recruiting rankings. About 33 spots from where the Crimson Tide usually sits.

Is there reason to worry? Will Alabama show its strength in the next two months on the recruiting trail? Alabama is focused on the Iron Bowl this week with SEC Championship and Playoff implications on the line. Alabama is 11-0 and the No. 1 team in the country.

What's next?

The race for QB

jlqg13a3rg9zdgf9e75f

Five-star QB with a big decision ahead
Chad Simmons

Emory Jones,
five-star quarterback from Heard County High School in Franklin, Georgia, is keeping Ohio Stare and Alabama fans on their heels regarding his recruitment. The long-time Buckeye commitment made a surprise visit to Alabama during the summer, but brushed off any thought of considering the SEC power.

Jones returned to Tuscaloosa for another visit prior to the season and attended Alabama's season opener in Atlanta against Florida State. Jones made a few trips to Tuscaloosa this season including an official visit for the LSU game. The interest level certainly changed from the original visit in June.

Ohio State has expressed concern regarding Jones with recent offers to Jarren Williams, four-star quarterback from Central Gwinnett High School in Lawrenceville, Georgia, and Matthew Baldwin, three-star quarterback from Lake Travis High School in Austin, Texas. The offers are contingent on what happens with Jones.

Jones is considering staying closer to home. He also recently took a visit to Auburn. He may return to the Plains this weekend. While a visitor for the Tigers it will mark the fifth time he has seen the Crimson Tide play in person this season.

Jones isn't conducting any interviews at this time. He is focused on his high school football team in the playoffs (round 3) with hopes of winning a state championship. Heard County (11-1) travels to Thomasville (12-0) on Friday night. Jones does not want to make a final decision until the end of his senior season. He will graduate in December.

Expect Nick Saban and Urban Meyer to have in-home visits with him next month. Both programs are waiting for his choice prior to each making a move for another quarterback in the 2018 class.

Another elite LB haul

k2obq3kweiqc7kstpuxs

JJ Peterson appears destined to sign with Alabama
Chad Simmons
Alabama seems to bring in an epic linebacker haul every year. It's easy for 'Linebacker U' to bring in top players especially with recent Butkus Award winners with Nick Saban like Rolando McClain, CJ Mosley and Reuben Foster. Alabama has also produced recent All-Americans at the positions such as Dont'a Hightower, Reggie Ragland and Courtney Upshaw.

Alabama signed a terrific linebacker group in 2017 led by Dylan Moses. The Crimson Tide appears on the cusp of signing another elite group in 2018. Alabama has commitments from

Quay Walker
, four-star linebacker from Crisp County High School in Cordele, Georgia, and
Vernon Jackson,
three-star athlete from Boling High School in Texas.

Walker and Jackson are keeping Alabama on its toes regarding their recruitment. Walker committed to Alabama in June, but has taken several visits including stops to Auburn, Georgia and Florida State. He was in Athens last weekend and is expected in Auburn on Saturday. Jackson recently visited Texas. He continues to receive heavy attention from Texas A&M and TCU.

JJ Peterson,
Rivals100 linebacker from Colquitt County High School in Moultrie, Georgia, is a heavy Alabama lean. Many are surprised he has yet to make a decision. He was expected to commit before the start of the season. Peterson does not conduct many interviews. He keeps things relatively quiet. He may take all of his official visits before announcing a decision.

Brandon Kaho
, four-star linebacker and BYU commitment from Reno High School in Nevada, earned an offer from Alabama at the Crimson Tide's camp. He took an official visit to Alabama on November 4.

Alabama is also considered the leader for

Eyabi Anoma
, Rivals100 defensive end from St. Francis High School in Baltimore. Anoma was in Tuscaloosa for the LSU game. He has made several trips to Alabama. Anoma is recruited as an outside linebacker and edge rusher. He has not given an indication of when he will announce a decision.

K.J. Henry,
five-star defensive end from West Forsyth High School in Clemmons, North Carolina, will take an official visit to Alabama on December 8. Alabama has recruited Henry for a long time, but it's been a while since the Tide has been considered a favorite. Henry is recruited by Alabama as an outside linebacker. Clemson is in the driver's seat at this point.

Alabama has a pair of commitments some consider linebackers-

Jordan Davis
, Rivals100 defensive end from Southwind High School in Memphis, and
Cameron Latu
, Rivals100 defensive end from Olympus High School in Salt Lake City. It's hard to say which position Davis or Latu will play once they arrive in Tuscaloosa. Both could easily grow into defensive ends. Davis seems more likely to play on the line. Expect both to become very dangerous coming off the edge. Davis just happened to record 24 sacks during his senior season.

The DBs and DLs are expected....

cz888ufkaldiugn8ph1w

Rising DL Christian Barmore will visit Alabama
Rivals.com
Alabama seems most concerned about the defensive line and defensive back units of the 2018 class. The numbers are low in the class, and on the team next season. Who will replace the stars especially in a defensive backfield which is expected to take a major hit to the NFL.

Crimson Tide fans are screaming for double-digit defensive linemen. Alabama will focus on certain numbers at each position. Yes, Alabama will add more players on the defensive line and in the defensive backfield. Alabama will likely add at least three more defensive linemen and three more defensive backs. The numbers will happen. Alabama has a commitment from

Stephon Wynn,
Rivals100 defensive tackle from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida, and you can consider Jordan Davis (mentioned above) as a defensive end.

Alabama extended an offer this season to

Christian Barmore
, offensive tackle from Nuemann-Goretti High School in Philadelphia. Barmore jumped several defensive linemen on Alabama's recruiting board after the Crimson Tide watched his senior film. He was offered prior to Alabama missing out on a few defensive linemen- Bobby Brown (Texas A&M) and Coynis Miller (Auburn).

The Crimson Tide has also pushed for

Tyler Friday
, Rivals00 defensive tackle from Don Bosco Prep in Ramsey, New Jersey. Alabama was on the outside looking in, but is now expected to receive one of his official visits. Friday has not taken any visits to this point. Many believe his decision will come down to Michigan and Ohio State. Alabama hopes to change things with an official visit to Tuscaloosa.

Barmore and Friday seem like the only interior defensive linemen Alabama will accept commitments from at this time. At least from guys who have yet to make decisions. Alabama is still heavily recruiting Bobby Brown.

Caleb Tremblay,
four-star defensive tackle from American River Community College in Sacramento, expects to take an official visit to Alabama. The Crimson Tide remains interested in Tremblay.

It's unlikely to see a flip from

Antwaun Jackson,
four-star defensive tackle from Blinn College in Brenham, Texas. The Ohio State commitment took an official visit to Alabama.

Things will start to get a little interesting come December and January when it comes to recruiting interior defensive linemen. There are a few other players Alabama is still recruiting, but do not necessarily have the green light to commit. It can change if Alabama feels it will definitely miss on guys ahead of them on the recruiting board.

Alabama will add at least one more defensive end to this class.

Andres Fox
, three-star defensive end from Mobile Christian in Alabama seems like the most likely candidate. Fox grew up a big fan of the Crimson Tide. He has held off on making a decision to this point. Alabama, Auburn and LSU all appear in a battle for his commitment. It will most likely come down to the in-state schools.

Casey Rogers
, defensive end from Old Farms High School in Avon, Connecticut, is spending a year in post-graduate school. The former Syracuse lacrosse commitment attended Alabama's camp during the summer where he worked at defensive end, outside linebacker and tight end. The 6-foot-5, 245-pound athlete could earn a spot in Alabama's class.

Brenton Cox
, Rivals100 defensive end from Stockbridge High School in Georgia, also remains a heavily recruited target. Cox took an unofficial visit to Alabama earlier this season, and considered a return for the LSU game. The Ohio State commitment did not make the return visit, but is expected to take an official visit to Alabama. He is considered a long shot to flip at this time. A possible flip from Emory Jones to Alabama could help the Tide's chances with Cox.

Tyreke Smith
, Rivals100 defensive end from Cleveland Heights High School in Ohio, took an official visit to Alabama earlier this season. The chances of him signing with Alabama appear slim.

Alabama should have a great finish on the defensive line.

f9ekkzg6gytfep7p8d5j

Can Alabama lure Tyson Campbell to Tuscaloosa?
Rivals.com
Alabama will lose Levi Wallace, Anthony Averett, Hootie Jones, Tony Brown and most likely juniors Minkah Fitzpatrick and Ronnie Harrison in the defensive backfield after this season. Alabama has taken some hits to graduation and the NFL draft through the years, but to replace an entire secondary is extremely tough.

Alabama is pressing for elite corners in this class with hopes of selling the fact of immediate playing time for the nation's top ranked football program.

Jalyn Armour-Davis
, four-star cornerback from St. Paul's in Mobile, saw the opportunity when he committed to the Crimson Tide during the summer. Alabama was not in his top five in the spring. He has not taken any other visits since he made his decision.

Nadab Joseph
, Rivals100 cornerback from Norland High School in Miami, announced last Thursday his plans to commit on Monday. Joseph was actually going to announce his commitment on Thursday, but decided to hold off and take an official visit to Georgia during the weekend. The former LSU commitment has been considered a strong Alabama lean for several months.

Saivion Smith
, four-star safety from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in Perkinston, will sign his letter of intent in December. He will enroll in January. Alabama appears in good shape for the former LSU Tiger. Smith was a regular in Tuscaloosa this season.

Alabama has heavily recruited three cornerbacks--

Tyson Campbell,
Rivals100 and
Patrick Surtain
, five-star from American Heritage High School in Plantation, Florida, and
Josh Jobe
, four-star from Cheshire Academy in Connecticut. Alabama was once considered the favorite for Campbell. Some consider Miami the favorite. He has not claimed a leader.

Campbell, Surtain and Jobe will take official visits to Alabama. Jobe is committed to Miami. He is from Miami, and attended Columbus High School before transferring to Cheshire Academy for his senior year.

Kelvin Joseph,
Rivals100 safety from Scotlandville High School in Baton Rouge, decommitted from LSU a few months ago. He was once considered on the flip watch for Alabama. Joseph continues to express interest in Alabama, and was in Tuscaloosa on November 4 for the LSU game. Expect Joseph to return to Tuscaloosa for an official visit.

Alabama recently extended an offer to

Divaad Wilson
, four-star cornerback from Northwestern High School in Miami. The Florida commitment took an official visit to Alabama last weekend.
Isaac Taylor-Stuart
, five-star cornerback from Helix High School in San Diego, will also take an official visit to Alabama.

Alabama hopes to sign four to five defensive backs in this class.

Skill players will highlight class

xdza2lt2zmgafdlb8u2b

Alabama fans are eager to get Jaylen Waddle on board
Rivals.com
Alabama is involved with several explosive playmakers throughout the country. The Crimson Tide has a pair of commitments in

Xavier Williams,
four-star wide receiver from Chaminade-Madonna High School in Hollywood, Florida, and
Slade Bolden
, four-star athlete from West Monroe High School in Louisiana.

Williams, once considered a flip candidate, appears rock solid with his commitment to Alabama. He is one of the fastest overall players in the country. Bolden earned an offer from Alabama during the summer. He has helped guide his team to a 13-0 record this fall playing quarterback. Bolden, as said many times, is like a Swiss Army knife. He can have success at just about every skill position on the field.

Alabama is in great position for

Jaylen Waddle,
Rivals100 wide receiver from Episcopal High School in Houston. Waddle has been at the top of Alabama's wish list since spring evaluations. Brian Daboll, Mike Locksley and Nick Saban have done a fantastic job recruiting him which is why Alabama is considered the favorite to land his signature.

Jacob Copeland,
four-star wide receiver from Escambia High School in Pensacola, has been on flip watch for a while. Copeland committed to Florida instead of Alabama in August. A lot has changed in Gainesville since his decision, and he was in Tuscaloosa three times this fall. It will become interesting to see what happens when the Gators hire a new head coach.

Justyn Ross
, five-star wide receiver from Central High School in Phenix City, Alabama, still remains in play for Alabama. Ross was also a frequent visitor in T-Town this fall. He was in attendance for the Tide's season opener against Florida State in Atlanta. Ross has a close relationship with Alabama freshman linebacker Markail Benton, and has been recruited by Derrick Ansley for a long time. Clemson is thought by some as the favorite, but Alabama is still a strong contender for the No. 1 player in the state.

Alabama is still heavily recruiting Joshua Moore, four-star wide receiver from Yoakum High School in Texas, and Seth Williams, four-star wide receiver from Paul W. Bryant High School in Cottondale, Alabama. Moore took an official visit to Alabama last month. It's very hard to imagine Moore sticking with his commitment to Nebraska. Williams has kept things extremely quiet regarding his recruitment.

Expect Alabama to sign a running back in this class. The most likely candidate is

Jerome Ford
, three-star from Armwood High School in Seffner, Florida. Alabama is considered the favorite for the speedster. Ford has a similar build to Tide running back Josh Jacobs and used in the same capacity. Alabama is also still recruiting
Asa Martin
, four-star running back from Austin High School in Decatur, Alabama. The heat could turn up on the Auburn commitment if Gus Malzahn decides to leave after the season.

Alabama extended an offer on Saturday to

Michael Parker,
three-star tight end from Westminster Christian in Huntsville, Alabama. Alabama has been extremely high on Parker since he camped in Tuscaloosa during the summer. He had a remarkable senior season where he produced more than 800 yards receiving. He is also a fantastic run blocker.

Alabama wants a tight end in this class. It's very possible Alabama takes two.

Dominick Anderson
, four-star from Arizona Western Community College in Yuma, and
Luke Ford
, Rivals100 from Carterville High School in Illinois, have been Alabama's top two targets at the position. Alabama is considered the favorite for Anderson after he decommitted from Texas, and in the top two for Ford.

Small, elite OL group

z9ngaybkzveqowpiw3dc

Rivasl100

The plan for Alabama from the start of the 2018 recruiting cycle was to take three offensive linemen. Two tackles and one interior player was the most likely scenario.

Emil Ekiyor
, four-star offensive guard from Cathedral High School in Indianapolis, was heavily recruited early despite his commitment to Michigan. Alabama flipped Ekiyor from the Wolverines last month.

Alabama extended offers during the summer to

Tommy Brown,
four-star offensive tackle from Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, California, and
Jarrett Bell
, four-star offensive tackle from Norco High School in California. Brown, an Alabama legacy, committed to the Crimson Tide in July. Bell, who earned an offer at Alabama's camp in June, committed in August.

There was no doubt Brown would stick with his commitment. Bell started taking visits to schools on the West Coast, and earned additional offers during the season. Alabama's lack of communication made him re-think his decision. He decommitted from Alabama a few weeks ago. Alabama does not plan on pursuing him.

Alabama's top two offensive tackle targets have been

Penei Sewell,
Rivals100 offensive tackle from Desert Hills High School in St. George, Utah, and
Nick Petit-Frere,
four-star offensive tackle from Berkeley Prep in Tampa, Florida.

Sewell took an official visit to Alabama last month. Many believe Alabama is in the driver's seat to land his signature. Sewell took an official visit to USC last weekend. The Trojans were considered an early favorite. However, his decision is expected to come down to Alabama and Oregon. Sewell has a close relationship with former Alabama OL coach Mario Cristobal (Oregon Co-OC, OL coach).

Petit-Frere has been very quiet regarding his recruitment. It seemed like his decision would come down to Alabama and Notre Dame. He visited Notre Dame this season, but he did not make it to Tuscaloosa for a visit. It's been a while since he has returned to Alabama. He is expected to take an official visit at some point.

Alabama will add one more offensive linemen in this class. The chances seem very good with Sewell. Alabama will probably consider taking both linemen, but it doesn't seem like it will happen.

BamaInsider.com - Excitement ahead for Alabama

I know I'm breaking this down far too far...

If you look at average star ratings it's a top five class now. If we add the guys who have been blue/gray shirted the picture changes completely as well. I fear too many are looking at that damn sapling instead of looking at the tree, much less the forest.

Take Parks who is a part of this years class but signed with last years. FSU, CU, AU, UM (both,) UF, UGA, LSU, USC, UofSC,...the list goes up to over 30 committable offers Jarez had going into NSD '17. Add him on the list of the '18 kids coming in and the perception changes.

Bama has roughly 10 more spots or so (I'd have to count) and I want them to be selective. A year ago Bama had nine spots left open at this time of the year (and that's with grey shirts, back-counters, blue-shirts.) The Tide pulled in 29 last year and this season they are looking at several fewer open slots. Is the team really behind?

Big picture, ya know?

Preaching to the choir, brotha.

I say top 5 just to be safe... In my mind there's no way it's not a top 3 class.

And let's not act like if some elite talents come along late after coaching changes, or whatever issues, Saban can't "make room" for them with the old grey shirt trick... I know I know... Sore subject.

But seriously, so many big time talents left on the board and it's almost a relief to actually have room. I'm super excited for Parks though.

Still don't technically have our QB either, whom is usually a lead recruiter for the class. Domino's will fall soon. Saban is the man

Back
Top Bottom