| RECRUIT November update: The Tide's '18 class coming into shape

Quarterback

Many continue to believe Alabama is in very good shape to flip Emory Jones, five-star quarterback from Heard County High School in Franklin, Georgia, away from his commitment to Ohio State. The Buckeyes did itself no favors this past weekend with a blowout loss to Iowa. Jones is focused on his high school team and the playoffs. He expects to make a final decision in December.

Ohio State is definitely nervous. The Buckeyes recently extended an offer to Jarren Williams, four-star quarterback from Central Gwinnett High School in Lawrenceville, Georgia. Williams, a Kentucky commitment, has also taken a few trips to Alabama. Jones and Williams are Alabama's top two QB targets. Alabama feels pretty good about flipping one of these players. The odds favor Jones at this time.

Tanner McKee, Rivals100 quarterback from Centennial High School in Corona, California, took an official visit to Alabama this past weekend. McKee, as some know, will take a two-year Mormom mission before enrolling in college. McKee had a great time in Tuscaloosa. He will continue to take official visits before making a decision.

Alabama is keeping its eye on a few other quarterbacks throughout the country in case a flip does not take place.

Running back

Jerome Ford, three-star from Armwood High School in Seffner, Florida, took an unofficial visit to Alabama on Saturday. It was Ford's first game experience in Tuscaloosa. He had a great visit. He has Alabama and USF as his top two schools. Alabama is recruiting Ford as a similar type of player as Josh Jacobs.

Alabama has welcomed Asa Martin, four-star from Austin High School in Decatur, Alabama, back to Tuscaloosa a few times since his commitment to Auburn. Martin will likely return to Alabama for an official visit. Alabama will continue to push for Martin. Tough to flip him away from the Tigers especially if the coaching staff remains intact at Auburn.

Some have asked if Alabama will make run at UGA commitment Zamir White, five-star from Scotland County High School in Laurinburg, North Carolina after the Bulldogs reeled in a commitment from James Cook, five-star from Central High School in Miami last week. White may take an official visit to Alabama, but he has not given any indication he is on a flip watch. White seems very locked in with his commitment to Georgia.

Alabama wants to add a running back in this class. Ford appears the most likely candidate to sign with the Crimson Tide. Alabama is pushing for his commitment. He is not expected to announce a decision until after his senior season and official visits.

Wide receiver

Alabama had its top three wide receiver targets in Tuscaloosa on Saturday- Jaylen Waddle, Rivals100 from Episcopal High School in Houston, Justyn Ross, five-star from Central High School in Phenix City, Alabama, and Jacob Copeland, four-star from Escambia High School in Pensacola. Waddle was in town for an official visit.

Waddle returned to Alabama with the Crimson Tide in the driver's seat to land his signature. This is a situation much like DeVonta Smith and Henry Ruggs a year ago. Waddle is likely to wait until closer to signing day to announce a decision. He is going to take visits and enjoy the process, but Alabama is in good shape to earn his signature.

Copeland took his third trip to Tuscaloosa this season as a Florida commitment. Copeland's commitment to the Gators was shaky prior to Jim McElwain's firing last week. I am sure Copeland will wait to see who Florida hires as the new head coach. Alabama, regardless, is in pretty good shape to flip Copeland away from the Gators.

Ross is the top player in Alabama. I've seen some say he is not a take if Alabama can get Waddle and Copeland on board. Not the case. Alabama will accept commitments from all three. Ross attended his fourth Alabama game of the season. He will see the Crimson Tide play five times this year when he attends the Iron Bowl. Ross will not announce a decision until after he takes official visits. It remains a battle between Alabama, Clemson and Auburn. I believe it's very close between Alabama and Clemson for the lead.

Joshua Moore, four-star from Yoakum High School in Texas, and Seth Williams, four-star from Paul W. Bryant High School in Cottondale, Alabama, are still recruited by the Crimson Tide. I'm not sure if Alabama will have room for either one. You opt to wait, the spots get taken.

Alabama has always been a fan of Matthew Hill, four-star athlete from Brookwood High School in Snellville, Georgia. The Auburn commitment was in Tuscaloosa on Saturday. I don't really see him as a potential flip candidate. I'm not sure how heavy Alabama is in pursuit. Guys like Waddle, Copeland and Ross are higher on the board. Hill is a very talented athlete. He could play on either side of the ball. Though Alabama has some pretty big targets at DB.

Tight end

Dominick Anderson, four-star from Arizona Western in Yuma, and Luke Ford, Rivals100 from Carterville High School in Illinois, are the only two targets for Alabama. This has become an interesting situation. Anderson favors Alabama after decommitting from Texas. Ford also favors Alabama. He took an unofficial visit to Georgia on Saturday. The Bulldogs are also in very strong contention.

Anderson will join the class at some point is the current feeling in Tuscaloosa. Alabama has received very strong indication from the No. 1 JuCo tight end. Will Alabama take Anderson and Ford? The debate rages on in Tuscaloosa. Sure, Alabama would love to add both. The numbers don't really support it. I expect only one of the two.

Michael Parker, three-star from Westminster Christian in Huntsville, is really liked by Alabama. Depends if room in the class. Will he consider a grayshirt? It's possible.

Glen Beal, three-star from John Curtis in River Ridge, Louisiana, was in Tuscaloosa on Saturday. He also met with Nick Saban during the trip. Alabama likes Beal more as blocker, but tough to find a spot for him with numbers so tight.

Offensive line

There really isn't much change from last week. Penei Sewell, Rivals100 offensive tackle from Desert Hills High School in St. George, Utah, looks like the most likely candidate to join the class. Nick Petit-Frere, four-star offensive tackle from Berkeley Prep in Tampa, also remains a very big target. It looks like Petit-Frere will take an official visit to Alabama after the season.

Alabama planned to take three offensive linemen in this year's class. Alabama currently has three on board- Tommy Brown,Jarrett Bell and Emil Ekiyor. Brown and Ekiyor are not going anywhere else. Bell is starting to schedule official visits. He is one to watch in the next few months.

Sewell should announce a decision sometime in the next month. He is focused on the playoffs right now. He expects to sign in December (not graduating until the spring). Alabama appears as the favorite ahead of Oregon.

Defensive line

Get to know the name Christian Barmore, defensive tackle from Neumann-Goretti High School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Barmore is in daily communication with Alabama. He plans to take an official visit to Alabama after the season. Alabama is recruiting several defensive linemen at this time. He is one of the few who have the green light to commit. Alabama is in good shape with Barmore. Just need to get him to Tuscaloosa.

Another player to watch is Tyler Friday, Rivals100 defensive end from Don Bosco Prep in Ramsey, New Jersey. Alabama has really turned up the heat with Friday. Expect him to come in for an official visit after the season. Caleb Tremblay, four-star defensive tackle from American River Community College in Sacramento, will take an official visit to Alabama after the season. He remains in constant contact with Alabama.

There were a few defensive line recruits in Tuscaloosa on Saturday- Coynis Miller, four-star defensive tackle from Jackson-Olin High School in Birmingham, Mike Williams, three-star defensive end from Dunham High School in Baton Rouge, and Jeffery Johnson, three-star from Brookhaven High School in Mississippi. There really isn't any belief of a possible flip from Miller away from Auburn. Williams and Johnson are liked by Alabama.

Alabama can't take an additional four-six defensive linemen. So there really isn't reason to worry. Keep in mind- Jordan Davis, Rivals100 defensive end from Southwind High School in Memphis, and Stephon Wynn, Rivals100 defensive tackle from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida, are on the commitment board.

Alabama appears in good shape with Barmore, and things might get really interesting with Friday. Alabama remains in contact with a few other guys including Jalen Cunningham, four-star defensive tackle from St. Clair County High School in Odenville, Alabama, James Williams, three-star defensive tackle from Callaway High School in Jackson, Mississippi (Mississippi State commitment) and Emmit Gooden, four-star from Independence Community College in Kansas. Cunningham, Williams and Gooden are not considered takes at this time.

Alabama remains in contact with Bobby Brown, four-star defensive tackle from Lamar High School in Arlington, Texas. Brown committed to Texas A&M. The Aggies have suffered back-to-back losses to Mississippi State and Auburn since his decision. There really isn't a feeling here yet on possibly flipping him if Sumlin gets the ax. Alabama is just trying to maintain an open line of communication.

Antwaun Jackson, four-star defensive tackle from Blinn College in Brenham, Texas, took an official visit to Alabama a few weeks ago. Alabama will accept his commitment if he wants to flip. It seems like a long shot at this time.

Keondre Coburn, four-star defensive tackle from Westfield High School in Houston, Texas, has also stayed in communication with Alabama. Alabama will not take him right now if he wants to flip from Texas, but might at some point.

Tyreke Smith, Rivals100 defensive end from Cleveland Heights High School in Ohio, took an official visit to Alabama last month. I just can't see him as a part of this class. I think he will end up at Ohio State or Penn State.

A few names we have not mentioned on the board in the past who have received some recent interest from Alabama include Jayson Ademilola, four-star defensive tackle from St. Peter's Prep in Jersey City, New Jersey, and Alim McNeil, three-star defensive tackle from Sanderson High School in Raleigh, North Carolina. Ademilola is committed to Notre Dame. McNeil committed to N.C. State on Saturday. Alabama is at least trying to get both on campus for visits.

Alabama extended an offer two weeks ago to Daviyon Nixon, three-star defensive tackle from Iowa Western Community College in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Iowa reported Alabama to the NCAA for tampering. It's an interesting situation where Nixon was ruled eligible to play at Iowa this season, but was already enrolled at Iowa Western.

Nixon's offer from Alabama was not official as it did not come from Nick Saban. The offer was from Alabama DL coach Karl Dunbar. He is not considered a take (at this time) regardless of his situation. Will that change down the road? Possibly. I don't know if it's a road Alabama will go down. Alabama is checking on everything, and would like to bring Nixon in for a visit if in the clear.

Alabama had two of its top defensive end/edge rushers in Tuscaloosa on Saturday- Eyabi Anoma, Rivals100 defensive end from St. Francis in Baltimore, Maryland, and Andres Fox, three-star defensive end from Mobile Christian in Alabama. Alabama is in good shape with both prospects. Fox is considered a priority, in-state target. I expect Anoma and Fox in this class.

Brenton Cox, Rivals100 defensive end from Stockbridge High School in Georgia, was scheduled to return to Alabama for the LSU game. He did not make the trip. Alabama continues in heavy pursuit. Expect Cox to return to Tuscaloosa for an official visit. Still a lot of ground to make up for the Ohio State commitment.

So, all in all- Alabama has two DL commitments. Alabama is in great shape with Eyabi Anoma, Andres Fox and Christian Barmore. It gives Alabama five defensive linemen if all sign with the Crimson Tide. Add another DT from the group. Alabama could easily sign six defensive linemen. Will that ease some minds on this board?

Linebacker

Alabama hosted all three linebacker commitments on Saturday- Cameron Latu, Quay Walker and Vernon Jackson. I know there has been some talk about Walker and Jackson potentially going elsewhere. Jackson has been linked to Texas A&M. Walker to FSU and Auburn. Jackson doesn't really talk, so there isn't much to say about him. Will it shock me? No. Walker has been in Tuscaloosa more this season than I imagined. I think Alabama feels pretty good about keeping him on board despite his plan to take all five official visits.

Brandon Kaho, four-star linebacker from Reno High School in Nevada, took an official visit to Alabama this past weekend. I wasn't really sure how high Alabama was on the BYU commitment until I spoke with a few sources on Sunday. Alabama is all-in on the inside backer. One source said they consider Kaho a better HS version of Mack Wilson. And Mack is a stud. Words used describe him, "Absolute freak! Strong." I believe Alabama has a strong chance to flip Kaho.

This does not change the status of JJ Peterson, Rivals100 linebacker from Colquitt County High School in Moultrie, Georgia. Alabama still feels very good about its top LB target.

K.J. Henry, five-star defensive end from West Forsyth High School in Clemmons, North Carolina, will take an official visit to Alabama in December. Alabama has always liked Henry. I don't expect him in this class. Alabama is fine at linebacker and with edge rushers.

Defensive backs

Alabama hosted two of its top defensive back targets for official visits this past weekend- Nadab Joseph, Rivals100 cornerback from Norland High School in Miami, and Saivion Smith, four-star safety from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in Perkinston. Alabama is considered the heavy favorite to land both prospects. I mentioned in another thread, just because public decisions are not out there, doesn't mean decisions have not been made.

Kelvin Joseph, Rivals100 safety from Scotlandville High School in Baton Rouge, took an unofficial visit to Alabama on Saturday. The former LSU commitment named his favorites (no order) on Sunday after the visit: Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Clemson and Florida State. My bet is he will re-join the LSU class.

Tyson Campbell, Rivals100 cornerback from American Heritage High School in Plantation, Florida, remains Alabama's top DB target. He was scheduled to visit UGA this past weekend, but did not attend. I know Alabama feels its in good shape with Campbell. He will likely take an official visit to Alabama in December along with teammate Patrick Surtain, five-star cornerback. Surtain was scheduled to visit Alabama on Saturday, but did not make the trip.

Josh Jobe, four-star cornerback from Cheshire Academy in Connecticut, also remains a top priority target for Alabama. He has been near the top of Alabama's wish list for a long time. The Miami commitment is in daily communication with Alabama.

We are keeping an eye on Alontae Taylor, four-star from Coffee County Central High School in Manchester, Tennessee. Taylor earned an offer from Derrick Ansley last week. This is not an offer from Nick Saban. Taylor recently decommitted from Tennessee. He is a very talented athlete, and will likely take an official visit to Alabama in December. Alabama will know where it stands with a few of the above mentioned players, and will make a decision on whether it should heavily pursue Taylor.

Recruiting - BONE: Insider Report | BamaInsider.com

First off, great info! Thanks for posting.

A few things come to mind.. First at RB. This looks like the first year in Saban's reign that we won't have a freakishly ranked RB in the class. Taking the white kid from Louisiana was interesting (I guess he's a slot WR too?), but even more surprised to not see another top dude in the mix. Martin would be a solid pick up, but seems like Ford is most likely. I'm not a scout by any means.. Amateur highlight evaluator... And Ford is about as least impressive as any RB I've seen us on. Maybe it was just bad editing lol. In the big picture though it really isn't an issue... I'd actually be pumped to see Jacobs/Harris/Robinson rotation next year. Too much talent and guys leave anyway.

I really hope we take the Ford kid at TE instead of the JUCO TE. One because it looks like Irv Smith is the real MF'ing deal... Should be dominating snaps for the 2 years a JUCO cat would be here. Plus Foristall would be back. Other reason is to keep Ford away from UGA... Looks like they're the biggest issue for the rest of the Saban era.

DL's... Want the Trembley kid... The JUCO experience will be huge for next year's group. I'd be pumped to take 2 JUCO dudes actually but doesn't seem like Saban's MO. The JUCO dudes we've signed though at DL have been great (Reed/Buggs/Pettway) and even King has gotten some snaps. Other than that I'm sure they will get some big athletic dudes.. Hopefully 1 or two can contribute but I'm totally expecting Ray and Q Williams to be grown men next year.

At WR... Just keep em' coming. Any talent added to last year's class is a bonus... Unless they get the drops again next week! Then I'll be singing a different tune.

Here is quick rundown on some of Alabama's top prospects.
170329-ss-PeneiSewell.jpg

Sewell
OL Penei Sewell

Class of 2018
6-5, 348, 5.63
St. George, UT / Desert Hills HS

Sewell, the top prospect in Utah, made an official to Alabama a few weeks back. Bama is considered the leader over Oregon. A decision might come soon.

TE Dominick Wood-Anderson
Class of 2018
6-5, 247, 4.8
Yuma, AZ / Arizona Western CC

Wood-Anderson is probably as gifted as any tight end in the 2018 class. The Arizona Western CC star de-committed from Texas several weeks ago. Alabama is the supposed leader, but we have been down this road before.

170602-ss-JaylenWaddle.jpg

Waddle
WR Jaylen Waddle
Class of 2018
5-10, 170, 4.45
Bellaire, TX / Episcopal HS

Quite possibly the most dynamic player in the country with the ball in his hands. Waddle has long been considered a Tide lean. He made an official to UA this past weekend. He will visit Oregon soon. Bama is looking strong.

160715-JustynRoss.jpg

Ross
WR Justyn Ross
Class of 2018
6-4, 197, 4.87
Phenix City, AL / Central HS

Ross has visited Alabama for a few games this season. While some insist that Clemson is the team to beat, sources say that Alabama has felt good about its chances with Ross.

160714-ss-JacobCopeland.jpg

Copeland
WR Jacob Copeland
Class of 2018
6-0, 192, 4.62
Pensacola, FL / Pine Forest HS
Committed to Florida

The Pensacola-Pine Forest star has been a UF commit. He's made several recent visits to Alabama, including one this past weekend. Copeland is expected to flip to Bama. He has the versatility to play several positions.

RB Jerome Ford
Class of 2018
5-11, 200, 4.5
Seffner, FL / Armwood HS

This standout running back had a great summer camp at Bama. He was in Tuscaloosa this past weekend. He fits the versatile mold that Alabama wants in this class. The Tide leads.

QB Emory Jones
Class of 2018
6-3, 195, 4.77
Franklin, GA / Heard County HS
Committed to Ohio State

Jones is a longtime Ohio State commit. He has made a few recent visits to Alabama. He is on flip watch. In fact, rumor is that Jones is talking to other high profile prospects about the possibility of going to Alabama.

LB/DE Eyabi Anoma
Class of 2018
6-5, 235, 4.68
Baltimore, MD / St. Frances Academy

Hard to argue that Anoma is not the best pass rusher in the 2018 class. Some rank him among the nation's top 10 overall prospects. TI has had him a Bama lean for months. Maryland and Michigan are also in the mix.

170403-lr-JJPeterson.jpg

Peterson
LB J.J. Peterson
Class of 2018
6-2, 210, 4.77
Moultrie, GA / Colquitt County HS

Peterson ranks among the nation's elite linebackers. He is still considered a strong Bama lean.

170712-ss-BrandonKaho.jpg

Kaho
LB Brandon Kaho
Class of 2018
6-2, 230, 4.7
Reno, NV / Reno HS
Committed to Brigham Young

Prior to his visit to Alabama this past weekend, TI said that we felt that Kaho might eventually flip from BYU to Alabama. We think that remains a good possibility. The Reno star is considered one of the best inside backers in the country.

170607-ss-NadabJoseph.jpg

Joseph
S Nadab Joseph
Class of 2018
6-2, 180, 4.54
Miami, FL / Norland HS

Joseph was a standout at Bama's camp. Word is that he showed the Tide staff he had the versatility to play corner or safety. He was in Tuscsloosa this past weekend. A one-time LSU commit, Joseph is expected to pick Alabama soon.

CB Saivion Smith
Class of 2018
6-2, 192, 4.5
Perkinson, MS / Mississippi Gulf Coast CC

Smith is a former five-star cornerback who signed with LSU. He transferred to Mississippi Gulf Coast CC in June. He's had a big year in junior college. He's expected to sign with Alabama.

170329-ss-AndresFox.jpg

Fox
LB/DE Andres Fox
Class of 2018
6-4, 255, 4.8
Mobile, AL / Mobile Christian HS

The Mobile Christian star seems to be gradually showing up more and more on Bama's radar. The 6-4 Fox is supposedly up to 255 pounds. He now projects as a 275+ pound defensive end in college. Keep an eye on him. He might end up in Tuscaloosa.

160114-ss-TysonCampbell.jpg

Campbell
CB Tyson Campbell
Class of 2018
6-2, 181, 4.47
Plantation, FL / American Heritage HS

Is Campbell the top corner in the country? Some think so. He is being heavily pursued by numerous schools. Alabama, Georgia, Miami and Ohio State are among the fans. Bama has felt good about its chances, but this one is hard to call. Georgia has been surging some recently.

160114-ss-PatrickSurtain.jpg

Surtain
CB Patrick Surtain
Class of 2018
6-2, 192, 4.6
Plantation, FL / American Heritage HS

If Campbell isn't the number one corner, his teammate Patrick Surtain might be. He has long been considered an LSU lean. In recent months, Alabama has gained some ground. But LSU still has the lead. FSU has also been in the mix.

170306-ss-JoshuaJobe.jpg

Jobe
CB Joshua Jobe
Class of 2018
6-0, 180, 4.5
Cheshire, CT / Cheshire Academy
Committed to Miami

Jobe is a Miami commit. He played last season at Columbus HS in Miami. He's now at Cheshire Academy in Connecticut. Alabama and Michigan are still very much in the mix here.

150103-AntwuanJackson.jpg

Jackson
DL Antwuan Jackson
Class of 2018
6-3, 305, 5.23
Brenham, TX / Blinn CC
Committed to Ohio State

Jackson formerly played at Auburn. He is now at Blinn CC in Texas and is committed to Ohio State. He made an official visit to Alabama a few weeks. Buzz following the visit was that Bama could flip him if it made a push.

DL Christian Barmore
Class of 2018
6-6, 290, 5.1
Philadelphia, PA / Neumann and Goretti HS

Bama defensive line coach Karl Dunbar was in Philadelphia, PA last week to watch Barmore play. Barmore is expected to set an official visit to Bama soon. Georgia is said to be pushing hard here.

DL Tyler Friday
Class of 2018
6-3, 270, 4.9
Ramsey, NJ / Dom Bosco Prep

Dunbar was in Ramsey, NJ last week checking on the 6-3, 270-pound Friday. Friday did not include Alabama among his top five released yesterday.

DL Caleb Tremblay
Class of 2018
6-5, 275, 5.0
Sacramento, CA / American River CC

Tremblay is expected to make a visit to Alabama.

170213-lr-CoynisMiller.jpg

Miller
DL Coynis Miller
Class of 2018
6-2, 297, 5.02
Birmingham, AL / Jackson-Olin HS
Committed to Auburn

The Birmingham-Jackson Olin star is committed to Auburn. He has made a couple of visits to Alabama in recent weeks. As of now, his commitment to AU seems solid.

DL Bobby Brown
Class of 2018
6-4, 284, 5.0
Arlington, TX / Lamar HS
Committed to Texas A&M

In a recent interview following his commitment to Texas A&M, Brown said that Alabama was tied with A&M atop his list. But he picked the Aggies to be close to home. With A&M coach Kevin Sumlin back on the hot seat, Brown might be one to watch later on.

DE Tyreke Smith
Class of 2018
6-4, 252, 5.0
Cleveland, OH / Cleveland Heights HS

During his official visit a few weeks ago, Alabama made a very strong impression on Smith and his mother. Smith is also highly interested on Ohio State, Penn State and USC.

170127-lr-BrentonCox.jpg

Cox
LB/DE Brenton Cox
Class of 2018
6-4, 247, 4.8
Stockbridge, GA / Stockbridge HS
Committed to Ohio State

The highly-regarded Cox made a recent visit to Tuscaloosa. The longtime Ohio State commit is expected to make an official to Bama later. He is considered one of top players in the 2018 class.

Alright, let's get the bad news out of the way first. All my sources are indicating that Tyson Campbell is all Jawja after his visit there this weekend.
Now, the good news...Savion Smith and Nadab Joseph have solidified their commitments with Bama, and are due to go public very soon. Also, Bobby Brown is very much wavering on his Texas A&M, and is back heavily involved with Alabama. Look for him to ultamely sign with Bama. Sources also indicate that communication with The Tide have increased significantly as of late with Joshua Jobe. At this point, he is our best shot at an instant impact true CB type other than our JUCO guy. Any questions? I'd be happy to answer them. Roll Tide!

Alright, let's get the bad news out of the way first. All my sources are indicating that Tyson Campbell is all Jawja after his visit there this weekend.
Now, the good news...Savion Smith and Nadab Joseph have solidified their commitments with Bama, and are due to go public very soon. Also, Bobby Brown is very much wavering on his Texas A&M, and is back heavily involved with Alabama. Look for him to ultamely sign with Bama. Sources also indicate that communication with The Tide have increased significantly as of late with Joshua Jobe. At this point, he is our best shot at an instant impact true CB type other than our JUCO guy. Any questions? I'd be happy to answer them. Roll Tide!
I’m really starting to dislike Georgia

Great news on Savion Smith. Getting a 5 star JUCO corner would be huge. Need someone opposite Diggs to shut down a side. So many open positions in the secondary next year that any experience will help

Andrew Bone - BamaInsider.com Recruiting Analyst

1. Out of the committed prospects, which commits will be signing on December 20th or are early enrollees?

I expect the majority of commitments to sign on December 20 regardless if they are enrolling early. We will see a few commitments decide to wait and take a few visits in January. We will also see some guys sign with Alabama in December not yet on the commitment list. Recruits can not sign, and then take additional visits.

2. What should we watch for recruiting wise in the month of November?

I think the biggest thing is watching the coaching carousel. Will Texas A&M fire Kevin Sumlin which could open the door for Alabama to get back in with a few recruits. A lot of eyes are on Emory Jones, but I think he will wait until December to make a decision. Nadab Joseph appears on the verge of announcing a commitment to Alabama. We should see the recruiting class start to take shape in the next 45 days.

3. Who's on flip watch right now and why?

Alabama has flipped a few players this year- Emil Ekiyor (Michigan) and Skyler DeLong (Tennessee). Cameron Latu was also once committed to BYU. Alabama is working to flip a few other recruits including Brandon Kaho (BYU), Jacob Copeland (Florida), Emory Jones (Ohio State), Brenton Cox (Ohio State) and Asa Martin (Auburn). Alabama would also like to try and flip Bobby Brown (Texas A&M). It seems Alabama has a great chance to flip Kaho, Copeland and Jones. Dominick Anderson is an Alabama lean. He recently decommitted from Texas.

4. Who is your freshmen MVP at Alabama thus far and why?

I think you have to go with Henry Ruggs. He only has six catches, but five are touchdowns. Dylan Moses has to step up the last few weeks of the season. He could become the freshman MVP based on the next few games. Tua Tagovailoa has been an exciting player to watch when he gets in the game.

11-14-17

1. Jarrett Bell, four-star offensive tackle from Norco High School in California, decommitted from Alabama on Saturday. The news comes shortly after Bell announced he will take all five official visits including one to UCLA (recent offer). This did not come as a major surprise to the Crimson Tide coaching staff. An interesting note is Bell actually never committed to Nick Saban. Bell's commitment was accepted by Alabama during the summer. Most who follow Alabama recruiting know a commitment is not official until accepted by Coach Saban. Alabama hasn't really pursued Bell much since his commitment.

Yes, I know Alabama needs to spend time on players who are not committed, but the Crimson Tide typically recruits ‘committed' players as if they are not committed. Ask several others on the commitment list how often they speak to Alabama. The response is every week or even every day. Alabama has not been in heavy contact with Bell.

The plan since the beginning has been to take three OL in this class. Possibly four if Alabama can get some special players. Alabama has commitments from Tommy Brown (legacy) and Emil Ekiyor (former Michigan commitment). Alabama is still heavily recruiting Penei Sewell and Nick Petit-Frere. Alabama expects to land at least one of the two. Will Alabama take both? The answer is yes. It's been yes for a while with Alabama expecting Bell to eventually sign elsewhere. Alabama does not plan to continue to recruit Bell. So, no real reason to worry or fret about the recruiting class.

2. Is Alabama in danger of losing any other commitments? A few Crimson Tide linebacker commitments visited elsewhere on Saturday.Quay Walker, four-star from Crisp County High School in Cordele, Georgia, visited Auburn, and Vernon Jackson, three-star athlete from Boling High School in Texas, visited the Longhorns. Rumors have swirled for a few months regarding Walker who expects to take all five of his official visits. He has taken a few trips to Auburn this fall. The Tigers seem like the biggest threat to Alabama. He also really likes Florida State. Alabama is pressing hard to keep Walker in the class. He has taken trips elsewhere, but has also been in Tuscaloosa for most of the big games this season.

Jackson committed to Alabama last month instead of TCU and Texas A&M. Many believe if he flips his commitment it will be to Texas A&M. Will the Aggies even have a head coach by the end of the year? Alabama could potentially lose one of the these two linebackers at some point, but should be fine. Alabama is in great shape for Brandon Kaho, four-star from Reno High School in Nevada and JJ Peterson, Rivals100 from Colquitt County High School in Moultrie, Georgia. I think Alabama will get both.

3. Will Alabama benefit from the coaching vacancies at Florida and/or Tennessee? Jacob Copeland, four-star wide receiver from Escambia High School in Pensacola, has taken three visits to Alabama this season, and will return to Tuscaloosa for an official visit. It's hard to say what will happen when Florida hires a new head coach. Will the coach go straight to Copeland and try to keep him on board? Most likely. Will he want to take time to develop a new relationship? It's hard to say. You never know what will happen in these type of situations especially if an offensive minded coach like Chip Kelly is hired by the Gators. I still think Alabama has a great chance to flip him. Alabama feels the same way. I believe there is strong indication from Copeland regarding a potential flip in the future.

Divaad Wilson, four-star cornerback and Florida commitment from Northwestern High School in Miami, surprisingly announced an official visit to Alabama this weekend. Wilson isn't a name we have ever mentioned as a potential target for Alabama. One thing that has always been impressive with Alabama is how they are always evaluating. They don't just recruit the guys who were on the board prior to the season. Alabama is constantly evaluating prospects. Understand- prospects move up on the recruiting board throughout the season. There are three-stars who moved ahead of five-stars after senior evaluation. Keep in mind Eddie Jackson was offered after his senior season. Alabama accepted his commitment, and turned away five-star Von Bell who was ready to commit to the Crimson Tide. Alabama has interest in Wilson. They really like his film. Alabama is bringing him to Tuscaloosa this weekend to get a good look at him, and evaluate him a little bit more as a person. I don't believe this is any indication to how Alabama feels about certain DB prospects. Alabama wants five DBs in this class.

There was some talk a few weeks ago about Cade Mays, five-star offensive tackle from Catholic High School in Knoxville, possibly visiting Alabama. Mays thought about attending the Alabama/Tennessee game. He did not make the trip. Mays has since decommitted from the Vols. I don't know if he will ever make it back to Tuscaloosa. I definitely don't expect him in this class. Alabama recently extended an offer to Alontae Taylor, four-star wide receiver from Coffee County Central High School in Manchester, Tennessee. Taylor decommitted from Tennessee a few days ago. Taylor has very high interest in the Crimson Tide. Alabama likes Taylor as an athlete or defensive back. He will take an official visit to Alabama (after the season). His situation is very similar to Divaad Wilson. Alabama wants to get him on campus, get a good look at him and evaluate to see if he fits the program. It takes a lot more than football skills for Alabama to accept a player's commitment.

Conclusion- Jacob Copeland has a spot to commit when he is ready. Divaad Wilson and Alontae Taylor are the only other two prospects Alabama may decide to push for at some point, but do not have the green light to commit at this time.

4. I think we will see Nadab Joseph, Rivals100 cornerback from Norland High School in Miami, Florida, go public with his decision this week.

5. K.J. Henry, five-star defensive end from West Forsyth High School in Clemmons, North Carolina, will take an official visit to Alabama on December 8. Henry will announce his commitment on December 20. I've always said it's great to get top recruits on campus for an official visit. You never know what can happen. Alabama was third on Da'Shawn Hand's list prior to his official visit. Rashaan Evans considered Alabama No. 5 on his list prior to his official. Things change. Minds open a little bit more when you get the entire college plan laid out in front of you.

Henry will announce a decision on December 20. The visit will be fresh on his mind. It will also be one of the only visits his father (who coaches at Charlotte) will take with him. Clemson is considered the heavy favorite. The Tigers have been the favorite for a long time. I'm not sure if anything will change with the visit. Alabama should be just fine regardless of the outcome. I expect Alabama to sign its top target at the OLB/Edge rusher position- Eyabi Anoma, Rivals100 from St. Francis High School in Baltimore.

6. Concerned abut the future pass rush in Tuscaloosa ? Alabama commitment Jordan Davis, Rivals100 defensive end from Southwind High School in Memphis, Tennessee, has 24 sacks as a senior. Decent number....

8. I mentioned Tyler Friday, Rivals100 defensive end from Don Bosco Prep in Jersey City, New Jersey, as a top target for Alabama in recent weeks. Friday revealed a top five last week which did not include the Crimson Tide. He named Miami, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and UCLA as his favorites. He has yet to take official visits. He plans on taking his official visits in December and January. I think Alabama will get a visit. Michigan is considered by most as a the favorite followed by Ohio State and Penn State. Things could definitely get interesting with him if he takes a visit to Alabama. Friday along with Christian Barmore, defensive tackle from Neumann-Goretti High School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, are Alabama's top two uncommitted defensive tackle targets at this time.

9. I know a lot of people are eager for commitments. I have yet to speak to anyone in Tuscaloosa concerned about this year's recruiting class. There are several players Alabama expects to sign. Some who may have informed the Crimson Tide of their intentions with plans to wait to announce when they are ready. I expect a lot of movement to happen come December especially with players who plan to sign early. Just be patient. Alabama will finish with a top five recruiting class.

10. We saw a few elite 2019 targets trim their list last week. Travon Walker, Rivals100 defensive end from Upson Lee High School in Thomaston, Georgia, named a top four of Alabama, Clemson, Georgia and South Carolina, after taking an unofficial visit to Alabama for the LSU game. Nathan Pickering, four-star defensive end from Seminary School in Mississippi, named a top five of Alabama, Florida State, Georgia, LSU and Mississippi State. I don't expect either to make a decision any time soon. Both are high on Alabama's recruiting board.
Recruiting - BONE: 10 recruiting thoughts | BamaInsider.com

Defensive tackle- 2

Stephon Wynn

Strongside defensive end
RR: 5.9
IMG Academy
Bradenton, FL
6'5" 285 lbs Class of 2018
VERBAL COMMIT - ALABAMA

RANK
POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Wynn surprised many when he committed to the University of Alabama during the summer. Most considered his recruitment a tight battle between Georgia and South Carolina. Wynn visited Alabama in early June and fell in love with the Crimson Tide. He is still pursued by other schools, but he is expected to stick with his commitment.

Christian Barmore

Offensive tackle
RR: 5.4
Neumann-Goretti
Philadelphia, PA
6'6" 290 lbs Class of 2018
UNDECIDED

RANK

POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE
Barmore received an offer from the University of Alabama in October. His stock has skyrocketed this season, and has become one of Alabama's top defensive line targets. Barmore will take an official visit to Alabama after his senior season.

Overview: It's hard to say Alabama will not sign more than two defensive tackles in this class, but it appears the likely path. There are numerous defensive tackle targets. However, there are also many targets at other positions. Most Tide fans want Alabama to sign three to four defensive tackles. Three interior players is not out of the realm of possibility. Two is a guarantee.

Still in play:

Tyler Friday,
Rivals100 from Don Bosco Prep in Jersey City, New Jersey,
Caleb Tremblay
, four-star from American River Community College in Sacramento California,
Tyreke Smith
, Rivals100 from Cleveland Heights High School in Ohio,
Antwaun Jackson
(Ohio State commitment), four-star from Blinn College in Brenham, Texas,
Bobby Brown
(Texas A&M commitment), four-star from Lamar High School in Arlington, Texas,
Jeffery Johnson,
three-star from Brookhaven High School in Mississippi,
Mike Williams,
three-star from Dunham High School in Baton Rouge Louisiana,
James Williams
, three-star from Callaway High School in Jackson, Mississippi.

Alabama is working to get Friday on campus for an official visit. He is considered a definite take. Tremblay seems the most likely candidate for the potential third DT spot in this class. Antwaun Jackson, Tyreke Smith and Bobby Brown have taken official visits to Alabama. Alabama's best chance of the three is a potential flip from Brown if Kevin Sumlin is fired at the end of the season.

Alabama has expressed interest in the two big defensive linemen from Mississippi- Jeffery Johnson and James Williams. Mike Williams, a Baton Rouge native, is also a recruit of interest.

Jalen Cunningham
likely will not have a spot in this class, but might potentially earn a grayshirt opportunity.

Defensive end- 4

Jordan Davis

Weakside defensive end
Southwind
Memphis, TN
6'5" 225 lbs Class of 2018
VERBAL COMMIT - ALABAMA

RANK
POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE
Davis committed to Alabama after his junior season. Several schools have continued recruiting him, but he has never wavered on his decision. Davis may take some official visits, but will sign with Alabama. He has 24 sacks this season.

Cameron Latu

Weakside defensive end
Olympus
Salt Lake City, UT
6'5" 235 lbs Class of 2018
VERBAL COMMIT - ALABAMA

RANK
POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Latu committed to Alabama in early August. He has visited Alabama several times, and returned to Tuscaloosa twice this season for unofficial visits. He has one of the quickest first steps in the country and considered an elite pass rusher.

Jarez Parks

Weakside defensive end
Sebastian River
Sebastian, FL
6'5" 255 lbs Class of 2017
VERBAL COMMIT - ALABAMA

RANK
POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Many fans forget about Parks. He committed to Alabama on National Signing Day in 2017 only to learn his offer was no longer available. He had other opportunities, but chose to take a grayshirt. He will enroll at Alabama in January. He is expected to play defensive end.

Andres Fox

Weakside defensive end
RR: 5.7
Mobile Christian
Mobile, AL
6'4" 241 lbs Class of 2018
UNDECIDED

RANK
POSITION

-
NATIONAL

STATE

Fox is potentially Alabama's only other in-state addition. Fox grew up an Alabama fan, but has enjoyed the recruiting process. He seems torn between Alabama, Auburn and LSU. His decision will likely come down between Alabama and Auburn.

Overview: Alabama should meet its needs at defensive end. Alabama has three commitments, and appears in good shape with Andres Fox.

Still in play:

Brenton Cox,
Rivals100 defensive end from Stockbridge High School in Georgia,
Casey Rogers
, defensive end from Old Farms High School in Avon, Connecticut.

Cox, an Ohio State commitment, seems zoned in with his decision. It hasn't stopped Alabama from recruiting him. He made one trip to Tuscaloosa this season and expects to return for an official visit. Rogers is a former Lacrosse star who has made the full transition to football. He has attracted a lot of interest this season and will take an official visit to Alabama on December 15.

Linebackers-5

JJ Peterson

Outside linebacker
Colquitt County
Moultrie, GA
6'2" 206 lbs Class of 2018
UNDECIDED

RANK
POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Peterson has been at the top of Alabama's wish list for a long time. Peterson, coached by Rush Propst, is recruited by Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt who also coached with Propst at Hoover High School. Peterson grew up an Alabama fan. He has kept things very quiet throughout most of his recruitment.

Eyabi Anoma

Weakside defensive end
St. Frances
Baltimore, MD
6'5" 235 lbs Class of 2018
UNDECIDED

RANK
POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Anoma is one of Alabama's key targets. He is also expected to receive a big jump in the national ranking-possible five-star. Anoma has taken a few unofficial visits to Alabama including two weekends ago. He will return to Alabama for an official visit after the season. Alabama appears in great shape. He is recruited as an outside linebacker.

Brandon Kaho

Outside linebacker
Reno
Reno, NV
6'3" 235 lbs Class of 2018
VERBAL COMMIT - BRIGHAM YOUNG

RANK
POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

The BYU commitment earned an offer from Alabama during the season after shining at the Crimson Tide's camp. Kaho returned to Tuscaloosa for an official visit two weeks ago. Alabama feels very good about its position with the inside backer. Kaho is considered a key target.

Quay Walker

Outside linebacker
RR: 5.8
Crisp County
Cordele, GA
6'3" 218 lbs Class of 2018
VERBAL COMMIT - ALABAMA

RANK
POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Walker committed to Alabama in June. He has not given Alabama any indication he plans to decommit or sign elsewhere other than taking visits including stops at Auburn, Florida State and Georgia. Walker plans to take official visits, but has been a regular in Tuscaloosa this fall.

Vernon Jackson

Athlete
RR: 5.7
Boling
Boling, TX
6'3" 236 lbs Class of 2018
VERBAL COMMIT - ALABAMA

RANK
POSITION

-
NATIONAL

STATE

Some believe Jackson will end up elsewhere. Alabama is hoping to keep Jackson with his ability to play multiple positions. Jackson committed to Alabama last month instead of Texas A&M and TCU. He took an unofficial visit to Texas on Saturday. We will continue to monitor Jackson's recruitment.

Overview: Alabama has a good chance to sign a spectacular linebacker class. Alabama has been considered 'Linebacker U' during the Nick Saban years. Tuscaloosa is a major destination for elite backers. The numbers seem a little higher than expected. Alabama could sign five linebackers. It seems like one of the five mentioned above will end up elsewhere, but Alabama is pushing for all to sign.

Still in play:

KJ Henry,
five-star defensive end from West Forsyth High School in Clemmons, North Carolina,
Kevontae Ruggs
, three-star linebacker from Lee High School in Montgomery, Alabama.

Alabama is considered a long shot for Henry. It is not an issue especially if Alabama can land a few other top linebacker targets as expected. Clemson is the frontrunner for Henry. Alabama could extend a grayshirt offer to Ruggs. It will not come as a surprise if he accepts a grayshirt in order to join his brother, Henry Ruggs, in Tuscaloosa.

Defensive backs- 4

Nadab Joseph

Cornerback
Miami Norland
Miami, FL
6'2" 190 lbs Class of 2018
UNDECIDED

RANK
POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

The time is drawing near for Joseph to announce a decision. It is projected the former LSU commitment will sign with the University of Alabama.

Tyson Campbell

Cornerback
American Heritage
Plantation, FL
6'2" 175 lbs Class of 2018
UNDECIDED

RANK
POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Campbell is considered by many as the best DB in the country. Miami is considered the Tide's biggest threat. Alabama is putting on the full court press especially with the urgent need at defensive back.

Jalyn Armour-Davis

Cornerback
St. Paul's
Mobile, AL
6'0" 160 lbs Class of 2018
VERBAL COMMIT - ALABAMA

RANK
POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Armour-Davis didn't have Alabama in his early top six. Alabama a great job recruiting him during the spring, and he jumped on board. Armour-Davis has yet to second guess his decision. He is not expected to take any additional visits.

Saivion Smith

Safety
Gulf Coast C.C.
Perkinston, MS
6'2" 193 lbs Class of 2018
UNDECIDED

RANK

-
POSITION

-
NATIONAL

-
STATE
The former LSU signee will sign his letter of intent in December. Alabama is considered the heavy favorite to land his signature.

Overview: Alabama's idea class is to add five elite defensive backs. Alabama will accept commitments from its top targets. Nadab Joseph and Saivion Smith are high on the list. Alabama has to hit at this position and sign someone like Tyson Campbell who has the ability to contribute as a freshman.

Still in play:

Patrick Surtain
, five-star from American Heritage in Plantation, Florida,
Josh Jobe,
four-star from Cheshire Academy in Connecticut (Miami commitment),
Kelvin Joseph
, four-star from Scotlandville High School in Baton Rouge, Louisiana,
Isaac Taylor-Stuart
, five-star from Helix High School in San Diego, California.

Surtain and Jobe have been two of Alabama's top four defensive back targets throughout their recruitment. It's certainly a little tougher now to flip Jobe based on the Hurricanes' season. Joseph, a former LSU commitment, is likely to re-committ to the Tigers. Taylor-Stuart is expected to take an official visit to Alabama.

Special teams- 1

Skyler DeLong

Kicker
RR: 5.5
Nation Ford
Fort Mill, SC
6'3" 180 lbs Class of 2018
VERBAL COMMIT - ALABAMA

RANK

-
POSITION

-
NATIONAL

STATE

DeLong earned an offer from Alabama after attending the special teams camp in June. He flipped his commitment to Alabama from Tennessee. DeLong will have an opportunity to start right away when he arrives in Tuscaloosa with the departure of senior, JK Scott.

Andrew Bone • BamaInsider.com
@AndrewJBone

Alabama fans are eager for commitments in the class of 2018. Patience is wearing thin. Alabama will finish with a strong class, and a good chance to finish in the top three in the country as usual. Take a look at what we think will happen on the offensive side of the ball for the Crimson Tide by National Signing Day in February.

Quarterback-1

Article Continues Below

Emory Jones

Dual-threat quarterback
RR: 6.1
Heard County
Franklin, GA
6'4" 179 lbs Class of 2018
VERBAL COMMIT - OHIO STATE

RANK

POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Will Alabama flip Jones away from his long-time commitment to Ohio State? The chances seem to increase with each passing day. Jones is not expected to announce a final decision until sometime in December. It's a close battle between Alabama and Ohio State.

Still in play:

Jarren Williams
, four-star quarterback from Central Gwinnett High School in Lawrenceville, Georgia.

Williams has taken a few trips to Tuscaloosa this season. He is starting to see his recruitment pick up steam with offers in the last few weeks from Auburn and Ohio State. He has not scheduled an official visit to Alabama.

Running back-1

Jerome Ford

Running Back
RR: 5.6
Armwood
Seffner, FL
5'11" 200 lbs Class of 2018
UNDECIDED

RANK

-
POSITION

-
NATIONAL

-
STATE
Ford received a scholarship offer from Alabama during the summer. He has kept a relatively quiet profile until he attended Alabama's win against LSU on Saturday. Alabama is in the driver's seat for the talented athlete. Alabama has been looking for a Josh Jacobs-type player. One who can spread out or line up in the backfield.

Still in play:

Asa Martin
, four-star running back from Austin High School in Decatur, Alabama (Auburn commitment)

Martin committed to Auburn instead of Alabama in August. He has taken a few trips to Tuscaloosa this fall. It seems the only way a flip might happen if there is a coaching change on the Plains.

Wide receiver- 4

Jaylen Waddle

Wide Receiver
Episcopal
Houston, TX
5'10" 165 lbs Class of 2018
UNDECIDED

RANK

POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Waddle has been a high priority target for a long time. Alabama considers Waddle one of the best overall players in the country, not just top receiver. He took an official visit to Alabama last weekend. He will likely wait until closer to signing day to make a decision. Alabama is in good shape with the Texas speedster.

Jacob Copeland

Wide Receiver
Escambia
Pensacola, FL
6'1" 188 lbs Class of 2018
VERBAL COMMIT - FLORIDA

RANK

POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Copeland has been high on Alabama's recruiting board for a while. He is recruited as an athlete who can play on either side of the ball. He will most likely play receiver at the next level. Copeland committed to Florida prior to the start of the season. He has visited Tuscaloosa three times this fall. A flip seems likely after the Gators fired Jim McElwain.

Xavier Williams

Wide Receiver
Chaminade Madonna
Hollywood, FL
6'0" 180 lbs Class of 2018
VERBAL COMMIT - ALABAMA

RANK

POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

The long-time Alabama commitment was once rumored as swaying on the Crimson Tide in favor of Miami. Williams has been locked in with Alabama for several months. He is considered one of the fastest players in the country.

Slade Bolden

Athlete
West Monroe
West Monroe, LA
5'11" 190 lbs Class of 2018
VERBAL COMMIT - ALABAMA

RANK

POSITION

-
NATIONAL

STATE

Bolden impressed Alabama during the summer, and earned an offer from Nick Saban. He is considered a Swiss Army knife type of player with his ability to play multiple positions. Bolden can play on either side of the ball. He has been a regular visitor in Tuscaloosa this fall. Bolden is a solid commitment.

Still in play:

Justyn Ross
, five-star from Central High School in Phenix City, Alabama,
Joshua Moore,
four-star from Yoakum High School in Texas (Nebraska commitment) and
Seth Williams,
four-star from Paul W. Bryant High School in Cottondale, Alabama.

Ross, the No. 1 player in Alabama, has been a top target for the Crimson Tide. He has attended four Alabama games this fall. Some believe his recruitment will come down to Clemson and Auburn. Alabama is still very much in the picture.

Moore took an official visit to Alabama last month. There is strong interest on both sides.

Tight end- 1

Dominick Anderson

Tight end
Arizona Western C.C.
Yuma, AZ
6'6" 255 lbs Class of 2018
UNDECIDED

RANK

-
POSITION

-
NATIONAL

-
STATE
Many expected Anderson to announce his commitment to Alabama during the summer. He surprised all when he announced for Texas instead. Anderson backed away from his commitment to the Longhorns last month. Alabama is possibly in the driver's seat to land the top JuCo tight end in the country.

Still in play:

Luke Ford
, Rivals100 tight end from Carterville High School in Illinois,
Michael Parker
, three-star from Westminster Christian in Huntsville, Alabama (possible grayshirt candidate).

Ford is listed as "still in play" because of Alabama maybe taking more than one tight end in this class. Numbers are extremely tight. Ford favors Alabama and Georgia. Alabama also really likes Parker.

Offensive line- 4

Penei Sewell

Offensive tackle
RR: 6
Desert Hills
St. George, UT
6'5" 340 lbs Class of 2018
UNDECIDED

RANK

POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Sewell strongly favored Alabama in June after spending four days in Tuscaloosa. Oregon took the lead after a trip to Eugene. He opted to wait until after official visits before making a decision. Sewell visited Alabama in October. Alabama appears in good shape with the elite lineman.

Tommy Brown

Offensive tackle
Mater Dei
Santa Ana, CA
6'7" 315 lbs Class of 2018
VERBAL COMMIT - ALABAMA

RANK

POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

It was a no-brainer for Brown when he committed to Alabama. His father, Vince, threw the shot put for Alabama in the 80s. Brown grew up a big Alabama fan. He committed to Alabama during the summer. He will not budge on his commitment.

Emil Ekiyor

Offensive guard
Cathedral
Indianapolis, IN
6'4" 339 lbs Class of 2018
VERBAL COMMIT - ALABAMA

RANK

POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Ekiyor was on 'flip-watch' for a long time. He attended Alabama's Junior Day in February as a Michigan commitment. Ekiyor took three more trips to Tuscaloosa before officially flipping his commitment to the Crimson Tide.

Jarrett Bell

Offensive guard
Norco
Norco, CA
6'4" 287 lbs Class of 2018
UNDECIDED

RANK

POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Bell's recruitment took off when he received an offer from Alabama during the summer. He committed to the Crimson Tide before the start of the season. West Coast schools continue to stay in his ear with hopes of turning him away from his commitment. Bell will graduate early. He received an offer from UCLA this fall. Oregon is another school heavily recruiting him. He is on potential 'flip-watch', but he has not given any indication he will change his mind. Alabama hopes to keep him on board.

Still in play:

Nick Petit-Frere
, four-star offensive tackle from Berkeley Prep in Tampa, Florida,
William Barnes
, four-star offensive tackle from Apopka High School in Florida

Petit-Frere has been high on Alabama's recruiting board for a while. However, he has not made any recent trips to Tuscaloosa. Most believe the battle is between Alabama and Notre Dame. He recently visited South Bend. Barnes visited Alabama during the summer and will likely return for an official visit.
BamaInsider.com - Alabama's offensive class

Ummm... so, Justyn Ross just posterized a kid in the playoffs...

If this dude could just become more consistent, he is a Julio Jones clone minus the blocking ability.

Please keep in mind this isn't an update each week on every recruiting target. It is the 10 thoughts on any recent news or recruiting in the last week.

1. First things first- Nadab Joseph, Rivals100 cornerback from Norland High School in Miami, Florida, is set to announce his decision today. He will announce his decision at 2:30 (CST). Joseph took an official visit to Georgia this past weekend. It was a little bit of a surprise. Joseph has given strong indication of his future intentions, but the trip to Athens was a little bit of concern. I don't believe anything has changed. Georgia is pushing for him to delay his announcement, but it's still on track to. happen today. I expect Joseph to announce for the University of Alabama.

2. Divaad Wilson, four-star cornerback from Northwestern High School in Miami, Florida, took an official visit to Alabama. The Florida commitment tweeted he received an offer from Alabama during the visit. Alabama has some interest in Wilson, but as a back-up plan right now. I believe the offer was a response to Nadab Joseph taking an official visit to UGA. Wilson does not have the ability to commit to Alabama until after the Tide officially misses on some other key DB targets- Tyson Campbell, Josh Jobe, Patrick Surtain Jr., Kelvin Joseph.

View image on Twitter
DO83ialV4AA4-R4.jpg:small

https://twitter.com/NikemanNewt/status/932024902047105024
Divaad Wilson® #LLP@NikemanNewt

Blessed to receive my 29th offer from The University Of Alabama
1f418.png

5:17 PM - Nov 18, 2017

3. Matt Corral, Rivals100 quarterback from Poly High School in Long Beach, California, and Daniel Faalale, four-star offensive tackle from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida, were also in Tuscaloosa for official visits this past weekend. Corral, a Florida commitment, is a back-up plan if Alabama misses on Emory Jones, five-star quarterback from Heard County High School in Franklin, Georgia. There are a few quarterbacks Alabama is considering as back-up options right now. Corral is not the only one. Faalele is a massive lineman. He doesn't do many interviews, and even turns down requests when reporters travel to his games. I would not expect an interview about his official visit. I don't expect him to join Alabama's class. Alabama does not plan on making a push for him.

4. Michael Parker, three-star tight end from Westminster Christian in Huntsville, Alabama, received an offer from Alabama on Saturday. Parker made a strong impression on the Crimson Tide coaches during his summer camp performance. Alabama was close to offering him in July, but decided to wait. Alabama is still in the hunt for Dominick Anderson, four-star from Arizona Western Community College in Yuma, and Luke Ford, Rivals100 tight end from Carterville High School in Illinois.

View image on Twitter
DPFKTnpU8AEkNbz.jpg:small

https://twitter.com/mwp_3/status/932608322355843072
Michael Parker@mwp_3

Honored to have received a full scholarship offer from the University of Alabama!

7:55 AM - Nov 20, 2017

I don't think Parker can call Nick Saban right now and commit. I think he understands where things stand in the pecking order, but he has also been told Alabama wants to get one of its top two players on board and go from there. Alabama might decide to take two tight ends. UA might decide to turn the offer into a gray or blue shirt. I think Parker wants to join the class. Alabama really likes him, but it's a tight numbers situation. Alabama will try to make it work someway, somehow. The offer is not based on any new information regarding Anderson or Ford. It was time to make a decision, and this is what Alabama can do for Parker at this time. He is just right behind the other two guys, but higher on the board than pretty much every other tight end out there.

5. I'm really interested to see what happens with Jacob Copeland, four-star wide receiver from Escambia High School in Pensacola, when the news is released regarding the new head coach at Florida. The news was running wild on Sunday regarding the strong possibility of Chip Kelly as the new head coach for the Gators. Kelly is now expected to give consideration to UCLA. It seems like a battle between Florida and UCLA for the offensive-minded coach. Does someone like Kelly change things for Copeland if he lands at Florida? I expect Copeland to flip to Alabama if the Gators miss on Kelly. I don't know what happens if they get him. He will certainly make someone like Copeland a high priority to keep in the recruiting class. Will it change Copeland's mind? He refuses to do any interviews since McElwain was fired. We'll see what happens.

6. Coaching changes can throw a wrinkle in a lot of different ways. I think Alabama saw this early on and the reasoning for not accepting commitments from certain prospects. Alabama knows it will have a small class. Why take borderline players prior to the start of the season when possible coaching changes in November/December.

No, I don't know how things will go with certain prospects (as mentioned above). Anything can happen. I know Alabama is still heavily pursuing several players committed elsewhere who could decide to re-open their recruitment or flip their commitment at some point.

Some key names to watch in regards to potential coaching change include Copeland, Asa Martin (Auburn), Divaad Wilson (Florida), Bobby Brown (Texas A&M), Joshua Moore (Nebraska), Brandon Kaho (BYU)

You never know what will happen at Auburn. One day he is on the hot seat the next he beats UGA. Maybe the reports are accurate he wants to leave to return to his home state. I do know Alabama will continue to recruit a few Auburn commitments including Asa Martin, Coynis Miller and Matthew Hill.

Alabama is hoping to still flip a pair of Ohio State commitments- Emory Jones (definitely a shot) and Brenton Cox (long shot).

BE PATIENT! Watch the dominos start to fall in so many directions.

7. Jaylen Waddle, Rivals100 wide receiver from Episcopal High School in Houston, posted a tweet on Sunday evening. It made fans a little anxious regarding his decision. Waddle has an official visit scheduled to Oregon this weekend. He will take the visit. It will mark Waddle's fourth official. He still has one more to take and has yet to decide between Texas or Texas A&M for the final visit. Alabama remains in good shape for the elite prospect.

https://twitter.com/D1__JW/status/932409856207843331
JW

✔@D1__JW

Coming close to that time
1f55b.png

1f438.png
1f918-1f3fe.png
1f44d-1f3fe.png
1f418.png
1f425.png
1f362.png

6:46 PM - Nov 19, 2017 · Houston, TX

8. Quay Walker, four-star linebacker from Crisp County High School in Cordele, Georgia, visited Georgia on Saturday. He was originally scheduled in Tuscaloosa for the game against Mercer. Maybe it was a little easier for Walker to make it to Athens instead of Tuscaloosa for an 11:00 a.m. kickoff. I do think Walker is on flip watch. Not saying he will flip. We know he will attend games and take official visits elsewhere. He will most likely attend the Iron Bowl this weekend as an 'Auburn' guest. Is Alabama trying to push him out to make room for others? No. Alabama loves Walker. They want him in the class. Walker's recruitment is far from over and one we will monitor closely the next month.

9. How about the Crimson Tide in the NFL? Mark Ingram is having a tremendous season. He should earn a trip to the Pro Bowl if he continues to perform the way he has so far this season. Four former Alabama stars had interceptions on Sunday- Dre Kirkpatrick, Marlon Humphrey, HaHa Clinton-Dix and Landon Collins. CJ Mosley, Mark Barron, Reggie Ragland, Dalvin Tomlinson, Kareem Jackson, OJ Howard all had great days. Amari Cooper...I can't figure it out, but he did have a TD. Julio plays tonight.

10. Iron Bowl week.....
Recruiting - BONE: 10 recruiting thoughts | BamaInsider.com

Back
Top Bottom