| FTBL Notre Dame To Good To Play At UConn's Stadium

ghice said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/04/23/uconn.nd.ap/index.html

Pretty bold for a team that only had 3 win's last year, and hasn't had a bowl win in over a decade.

I can't say I blame UConn for agreeing to three home games at ND and then three neutral site games. Bottom line, they'll get paid and the national TV exposure will be good for that program.

I agree, if UConn keeps playing like they did last year, it will be 6 easy wins :lol:

I just think ND is still thinking they are the pinnacle of college football where they're in the hunt year in and year out. At least we have a future to look forward too. ND has had the "Offensive Genius" at the helm for 4 years this year, and has progressively gotten worse, yet they still defend him :roll:

ghice said:
I agree, if UConn keeps playing like they did last year, it will be 6 easy wins :lol:

I just think ND is still thinking they are the pinnacle of college football where they're in the hunt year in and year out. At least we have a future to look forward too. ND has had the "Offensive Genius" at the helm for 4 years this year, and has progressively gotten worse, yet they still defend him :roll:

I do understand where you are coming from, but one has to take into account they do have one of the largest fan bases in college football. You can't take anything away from their NBC contract. Heck, I'd love for Bama to have something like that.

I'd be curious to see Neilson ratings from last year when other games were on TV.

You can see by their recruiting classes that while they aren't killing it on the field, tradition still sells.

TerryP said:
reger60 said:
TerryP said:
I'd be curious to see Neilson ratings from last year when other games were on TV.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/12/27/businessweek-nbc-blindsided-by-notre-dame-football/

Irish haters can have fun comparing the school's 50% drop in Nielsen ratings since 2005 (3.6 then, 1.8 now).

I forgot about that article...thanks Jeff.

I have to say I made up part of that 1.8 when they played Navy last year, but I wasn't rooting for the Irish :D

psychojoe said:
Aside from our SEC schedule, there are very few teams that Bama will agree to play home and home with.

You have a point, it has to be on a national scale for it to be considered. The last one I heard about (that didn't get worked out) was facing USCw.

I do like the way the Coach Moore is going after these neutral site games.

Sources out of the UNiversity of Michigan say that Charlie 'Eidel' Weis is on the hot seat this year and even with the contract extension may get shown the door if he falters again...

The UCONN/ND deal sounds like a win/win. UCONN gets to upsize attendance for their games (hopefully lighting a fire under a movement to grow their "starter-stadium"). ND gets a new intersectional rivaly to add to USC. And they both get to recruiting advantage of playing in a new, larger recruiting region.

Back
Top Bottom