| FTBL ND wusses out...sorta.

Crimson&WhiteGecko said:
Looks like the Irish rather deal w/ the PAC-10 than deal w/ the SEC or Saban for that matter... :roll:

Notre Dame, Wazzu to play in San Antonio in 2009

No, they are doing EXACTLY what I have been saying-on this forum and others-that Bama should be doing. And that is look to the Pac10 for single home games that do not require a return visit to them. As of 2007 the Pac10 is playing a 9 game round robin conference schedule. This means that EACH year there are 5 of their teams that have 5 conference home games. With the exception of SC, any of those teams will be happy to come to Tuscaloosa, cash a big check, and not require a return game.

252BAMA said:
Crimson&WhiteGecko said:
Looks like the Irish rather deal w/ the PAC-10 than deal w/ the SEC or Saban for that matter... :roll:

No, they are doing EXACTLY what I have been saying-on this forum and others-that Bama should be doing. And that is look to the Pac10 for single home games that do not require a return visit to them. As of 2007 the Pac10 is playing a 9 game round robin conference schedule. This means that EACH year there are 5 of their teams that have 5 conference home games. With the exception of SC, any of those teams will be happy to come to Tuscaloosa, cash a big check, and not require a return game.

;scr
Humm,... I seem to be as dumb as a sackfull of hammers about what you said. Are you talking about ND or the PAC-10?

Crimson&WhiteGecko said:
252BAMA said:
Crimson&WhiteGecko said:

;scr
Humm,... I seem to be as dumb as a sackfull of hammers about what you said. Are you talking about ND or the PAC-10?

I am saying that ND is doing exactly what Bama should be doing with Pac-10 teams. And that is schedule single games with Pac-10 teams instead of playin Western Carolina and Western Kentucky.

Crimson&WhiteGecko said:
252BAMA said:
reger60 said:
Uh, you guys think network ratings might have any influence on these deals?

NBC=Notredame Broadcasting company. Notre Dame can't afford to play Western Carolina with the cameras off.

Ratings make all the difference for sure.

Sure would be nice to have the Alabama Broadcasting Company but ABC is in bed w/ ESPN so that will never happen... 8)

Oh my gawd, get over the ESPN conspiracy. This has nothing to do with bias, it has to do with television ratings. Only two things will get Notre Dame on the Bama schedule:

1. Bama must overwhelm its competition and make two consecutive BCS bids, proving to the media outside the SEC that we are a serious NC contender, or

2. Eight million people move to Birmingham in the next 24 months.

I don't know. Any time Notre Dame steps into the SEC to play, it draws viewers and not just in the Alabama and the Midwest market either. Their home and home with Tennessee was one of the most watched games of their respective seasons. An Alabama-ND home and home would be a viewer boondoggle for both NBC and CBS or ESPN. I don't think that will be the case if Wash St or Oregon VS ND were on TV.

AlabamaMan said:
Well, NBC only does their home games if me remembers correctly. I just think it will take some time to get a game against them.

Yes it will take some time. ND has so much going on, they don't even know what's going on. Even their AD said he didn't know when the Big East commitment ended. We could play them in Dublin, Ireland sometime in the future as Navy is doing in 2012.

http://nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/notredame_future.htm

bamafan4ever said:
Their home and home with Tennessee was one of the most watched games of their respective seasons.

Maybe, but at the time, Tennessee was still within spitting distance of its NC and a perrenial contender for the SEC title.

Such is not the case for us -- yet.

I agree 252Bama, we should start paying PAC-10 to come here to play instead of playing D-II teams. That way the media couldn't screw us over by saying we defeated weaker teams because apparently they think USC plays a hard schedule.

Give me Notre Dame and all the PAC-10 nothings anyday over the likes of LSU, Aubie, and UT (by the way, I do realize that we will always play these teams each year).

BarnBurner said:
I agree 252Bama, we should start paying PAC-10 to come here to play instead of playing D-II teams. That way the media couldn't screw us over by saying we defeated weaker teams because apparently they think USC plays a hard schedule.

Give me Notre Dame and all the PAC-10 nothings anyday over the likes of LSU, Aubie, and UT (by the way, I do realize that we will always play these teams each year).

Wow! What an angle! Play ALL Pac-10 teams AND ND and contend for the NC each year. Oh, somebody already beat us to it?

Back
Top Bottom