| GAME THREAD 🏈 NCAA / SEC Games of the Week 🏈 ~ Week 12

First things first, go and take care of the Barn in the cow pasture. One of the best QB's we ever had struggled in the cow pasture so crazy stuff happens down there.
This. I woke up this morning to seeing auburn fans are selling their tickets, so I hope we can grab them up. There's some good seats within the $250 range on StubHub.

Even with their loss to NMSU, I still worry about Jordan Hare voodoo. Their loss just highlights that they've been game prepping for Alabama. Also, Alabama hasn't won more than three against these fuckers since the Bryant era. I grew up with them being the most obnoxious assholes, always parading around with the "Fear the Thumb! Shirts. We need to put a 15-year Tennessee streak on them

Over the last few weeks I've watched Jalen stiff-arming guys and knowing "they just quit." Here's where Auburn quit. At home.

Even weirder, ESPN just decided not to upload the highlights from that loss. I literally have to watch the highlights from a NM news broadcast. Has that ever happened? Just not even uploading/replaying the highlights just sweeping it all under the rug?

The four best teams are Georgia, Ohio State, Oregon, and Alabama.
I just would like to see the PTB recognize that the Bama team they observed earlier this year is NOT the same team that Bama has been fielding as of late. How about some credit for the success Bama has earned in the later portion of the season. NO, not credit...how just some respect!

ROLL TIDE! MTAQ!

This. I woke up this morning to seeing auburn fans are selling their tickets, so I hope we can grab them up. There's some good seats within the $250 range on StubHub.

Even with their loss to NMSU, I still worry about Jordan Hare voodoo. Their loss just highlights that they've been game prepping for Alabama. Also, Alabama hasn't won more than three against these fuckers since the Bryant era. I grew up with them being the most obnoxious assholes, always parading around with the "Fear the Thumb! Shirts. We need to put a 15-year Tennessee streak on them

Logic would certainly say they looked ahead to Bama and spent too much time on Bama, but I'm not sure the latter is the case... their game plan didn't look like a plan that was trying to just "get by and get the win." They were running Thorne an awful lot, too much if I cared about his well being... he took a beating. But I don't think they are good enough to take anyone lightly, and I'd imagine Freeze knows that. They won those previous 3, but they were all against the SEC bottom dwellers... a pot of Fool's gold that even the Magical Momentum Horseshoe that they've had shoved up their ass for years couldn't reconcile. Then they played their F game against a lesser team that played their A game... it was the perfect storm rarely seen in those parts.

All that said, Bama needs to go in there with their heads screwed on straight... I take nothing for granted when it comes to playing in that House of Horrors, Hee-Haw Vortex of a stadium they have.

The barn will not play next week like they did today. Somethingtells me they prepared for Bama instead of NMST. What does Freeze have to lose? Thought they could stuggle past NMST and might steal one against Bama next week with the extra preperation. Put a notch in his belt in his first year. Pure speculation of course....
The barners smack talk sure hasn't died down any. If anything, they've kicked it up a few notches. Saying Bama is "overrated at best" and they are far and away better than the 21 point loss to New Mexico State ,we almost lost there in 2009 and 2021 to lesser auburn teams, etc. Even going so far as to say that they don't care about the loss to New Mexico State. Of course I do remember 2000 when we lost to Central Florida (way back before they were anywhere close to what they are now) and I thought the barn would kill us but we made them earn a pretty ugly win.. We definitely can't just show up and expect an easy W

The barners smack talk sure hasn't died down any...We definitely can't just show up and expect an easy W

One of my former soccer players, a barner alum, posted this under my post where I was laughing at the barn yesterday:

"I was there and the mood was rather apathetic before kickoff and remained that way through the entire game. I went in thinking there was a chance Auburn would end up losing the game but I was not prepared to see them absolutely dominated in every facet of the game."

I told him the atmosphere will be completely different next week.

There is no such thing as an easy win in that house of voodoo.

"I was there and the mood was rather apathetic before kickoff and remained that way through the entire game. I went in thinking there was a chance Auburn would end up losing the game but I was not prepared to see them absolutely dominated in every facet of the game."
I watched the replay of the game yesterday and there's a weird vibe I see on the sidelines. A disconnect.

It almost would have been better for us if the barn had squeaked by with an ugly win. If this is another 4 OT fiasco, we are going to look really bad, struggling with a team that New Mexico State dominated from start to finish

It almost would have been better for us if the barn had squeaked by with an ugly win. If this is another 4 OT fiasco, we are going to look really bad, struggling with a team that New Mexico State dominated from start to finish
A win over the Barn never helps Bama in a significant way. There is nothing to gain because Bama is supposed to beat them.

Back
Top Bottom