| FTBL 🏈 NCAA / SEC Games of the Week 🏈 Week 8: Top 25 teams begin play Friday night

They just sent six and got the sack. Has me pretty jealous. We beat Georgia and can play with them, and even though we played decent defense this weekend, the lack of pressure even allowing Nico to have scoring drives is piss poor on the staff.
I hear that! It’s fun to watch a team be a little creative on defense and actually blitz regularly.

Last edited:
They just sent six and got the sack. Has me pretty jealous. We beat Georgia and can play with them, and even though we played decent defense this weekend, the lack of pressure even allowing Nico to have scoring drives is piss poor on the staff.
Watching Georgia's offense despite not being a fan of Bobo myself is sad. He's doing a great job of using the horizontal throws to make Texas run sideline to sideline.

Something Bama did earlier in the year but has for some inexplicable reason, gone away from lately. I just can't keep harping on this, our offensive identity is completely gone. We seem so vanilla on passes 5 step drop back and developing play with basic route concepts. I don't understand it, we don't use double moves ever. We don't use hot routes very often except in the Vandy and UGA game for some reason.

I just am at a loss on why none of these issues have been addressed and I think Ultimately that falls on the Head Coach's shoulders. He's gotta hold the Coordinators and Team accountable here, he's gotta get on their asses and find their identity. He needs to fix Milroe who is currently broken and looks lost. I don't think we should be getting rid of coaches except maybe a few position coaches and maybe the DC but I would like to see some positives starting next week and some growth, unlike Saban coached teams we've seen regression the further the year is going and not growth.

Watching Georgia's offense despite not being a fan of Bobo myself is sad. He's doing a great job of using the horizontal throws to make Texas run sideline to sideline.

Something Bama did earlier in the year but has for some inexplicable reason, gone away from lately. I just can't keep harping on this, our offensive identity is completely gone. We seem so vanilla on passes 5 step drop back and developing play with basic route concepts. I don't understand it, we don't use double moves ever. We don't use hot routes very often except in the Vandy and UGA game for some reason.

I just am at a loss on why none of these issues have been addressed and I think Ultimately that falls on the Head Coach's shoulders. He's gotta hold the Coordinators and Team accountable here, he's gotta get on their asses and find their identity. He needs to fix Milroe who is currently broken and looks lost. I don't think we should be getting rid of coaches except maybe a few position coaches and maybe the DC but I would like to see some positives starting next week and some growth, unlike Saban coached teams we've seen regression the further the year is going and not growth.

I can't recall as the game is a blur at this point, but did we go deep more than twice? And why are we only going deep on the boundary? We run zero deep routes over the middle anymore it seems.

I can't recall as the game is a blur at this point, but did we go deep more than twice? And why are we only going deep on the boundary? We run zero deep routes over the middle anymore it seems.
Depending on what you call deep, we went deep three times on designed plays I believe.

2 Throws back to back to Williams (The missed holding call and the overthrow) and one more deep ball earlier in the game that was missed.

I didn’t watch so I’m not sure. But I believe our longest play was 26 yards. That’s pitiful against a team with a shaky secondary.

I can only guess that we are saving part of the playbook?

I didn’t watch so I’m not sure. But I believe our longest play was 26 yards. That’s pitiful against a team with a shaky secondary.

I can only guess that we are saving part of the playbook?
That is not a logical conclusion when the team is losing and eventually lost. I hear this narrative against inferior oppoinents and do not believe it then either. I sure do not against your hated rival when you are in a struggle game and eventual loss.

I know the OC has escaped criticism but maybe it is time to ask what is he doing and how well are his game plans and in game adjustments?

Back
Top Bottom