| FTBL šŸˆ NCAA / SEC Games of the Week šŸˆ Week 8: Top 25 teams begin play Friday night

The head official (& some of the crew) needs to be permanently barred from SEC games - you canā€™t allow threats from the crowd ( no matter that they are correct) make you change a call - you canā€™t ā€œreview ā€œ it

The officials had to have seen the video in the stadium

I donā€™t remember ever seeing a call reversed so long after it was announced and the ball moved and all that. I told my son the crowd throwing stuff on the field actually worked. It bought time for the zebras to decide to change the call. That was wild.

Yeah, I was wondering if they were about to be assed a penalty for that, and then boom, they got a gift. I'm not a tin foil hat kinda guy, but I do wonder if word came down from up top that they needed to "fix" the issue.

UGA @4 cam up and brought the wood. Bama used to play defense that way. i think it probably should be targeting but I guess they are not going to call it. Even with that he came up with bad intentions. Mindset...

LSU is sitting in the proverbial catbirdā€™s seat now. They donā€™t have Texas, UT or Georgia on their schedule the rest of the way. And they have 0 conference losses. Started off the year with what is now an embarrassing loss (USC), but theyā€™ve improved every week. Ideal situation for them the rest of the way.

Just looking around the internet - where's the outrage about the reversed call after 5 minutes on UT/GA game?
The SEC is already covering Matt Loeffler's ass. "In a statement released early Sunday morning, the SEC said officials "gathered to discuss the play, which is permitted to ensure the proper penalty is enforced."
So, if you throw shit on the field, they will change the call?? Wait until a call goes against the Barn in the pasture (I know,a bad call against the Barn doesn't happen, but it's possible!)
**Pass interference isn't a reviewable penalty - but it's obvious that the officials watched the replay several times on the jumbotron.

Wow in the middle of the season. Must be getting a lot of strong suggestions from internal stakeholders :).

I'd say you're on track there. And while I don't see him getting run off this year (as of now), finishing with just 1 SEC win would put him in some deep, deep water. If he did get fired though... could be a very interesting domino in terms of a DC position.

Venables makes a change at OCā€¦

A knee jerk reaction; over reaction.

I'm not suggesting that Venables is "cut out" to be a head coach. I am suggesting this move is questionable, at best. Two weeks ago their offense was missing half of its personnel; four of the wide receivers were out for one game a long with a couple of their offensive linemen. As @mando suggests, this reeks of a reaction based upon public sentiment.

FWIW, IF he was fired/released after this season I don't see him falling back to a DC role. I see more of a Kevin Steele career path; a stop at a non-P4 school but still FBS or dropping down a division as a head coach.

Back
Top Bottom