| PICK 'EM Looking ahead at Week 2: Setting Bama vs TX aside, there's some good games this weekend.

TerryP

Staff
A quick reminder...the two of the three pools are open.

Week 2Schedule PDF
DATEAWAYHOMEGAME INFO
9/9 - 11:00 AM ETVanderbiltWake ForestACC Network
9/9 - 12:00 PM ETBall StateGeorgiaSEC Network
9/9 - 3:00 PM ETE KentuckyKentuckySEC Network+ | ESPN+
9/9 - 3:30 PM ETTexas A&MMiamiABC
9/9 - 3:30 PM ETOle MissTulaneESPN2
9/9 - 4:00 PM ETKent StateArkansasSEC Network
9/9 - 5:00 PM ETAustin PeayTennesseeSEC Network+ | ESPN+
9/9 - 7:00 PM ETTexasAlabamaESPN
9/9 - 7:00 PM ETMTSUMissouriSEC Network+ | ESPN+
9/9 - 7:30 PM ETMcNeeseFloridaESPNU
9/9 - 7:30 PM ETGramblingLSUSEC Network+ | ESPN+
9/9 - 7:30 PM ETArizonaMississippi StSEC Network
9/9 - 7:30 PM ETFurmanSouth CarolinaSEC Network+ | ESPN+
9/9 - 10:30 PM ETAuburnCaliforniaESPN

You might laugh, but I can see the Vandy game being entertaining: it would be a nice win for the 'Dores.

A&M takes a loss on the road to Miami? I don't see Miami with less than four losses...how would that L look for Jimbo in December?

Ole Miss vs Tulane has playoff implications with Tulane having that shot as the G5 team.

State can make a bit of a statement. It seems few have faith in Arnett.

AU and Cal? 🤷‍♂️ That would be a weird road loss.

You might laugh, but I can see the Vandy game being entertaining: it would be a nice win for the 'Dores.

A&M takes a loss on the road to Miami? I don't see Miami with less than four losses...how would that L look for Jimbo in December?

Ole Miss vs Tulane has playoff implications with Tulane having that shot as the G5 team.

I actually have Vandy winning the game. They return a bunch of players from last year. I know fuck all about Wake Forest, aside from them losing Hartman and Perry.

A&M-Miami should be a fun one. Taking A&M in a close one there, their defense is going to be really good this season. They kept them in a ton of games last season, they can create turnovers that have a significant impact on the game.

I have faith in Arnett, just not in year one. He's having to install a new offense this season, and that can be a struggle with players who haven't played in that style for a few years. Defense should (mostly) stay the same. He's also of course coming in after what happened with leach. That's always tough. They should give him time to build his program up.

I hope Auburn gets blown the fuck out.

I have Vandy winning their first 4 games. And losing the last 8.

I am interested in watching Ole Miss and Tulane. Can LK get the Rebs over the hump? Can the Green Wave have another really good year?

A & M and Miami really does not interest me that much as of today.

I've only casually looked past week two right now. Personally, I don't pick weeks in advance on Survivor: too much to be learned in the first few weeks in my view.
There are only 5 possible winners in Week 8. What are you going to do then if you have already used the 5 teams you think are going to win those games? Actually there are only four choices unless you think ut is going to beat Bama.

There are only 5 possible winners in Week 8. What are you going to do then if you have already used the 5 teams you think are going to win those games? Actually there are only four choices unless you think ut is going to beat Bama.
At a brief glance that looks like a UofSC weekend.

So you pick Week 8 first so that you do not use SC in Weeks1-7. Then you go to the next week with the fewest games and you do the same.
That's not what I'm saying. At a quick glance I'd likely pick them because I probably will have used Mizzou early on ... all I was saying is I don't pick the season as a whole, I go week to week (with eyes on the future, mind you.)

Getting rid of the weak has worked out well for me so far ... haven't made it through the entire year, but have come close.

That's not what I'm saying. At a quick glance I'd likely pick them because I probably will have used Mizzou early on ... all I was saying is I don't pick the season as a whole, I go week to week (with eyes on the future, mind you.)

Getting rid of the weak has worked out well for me so far ... haven't made it through the entire year, but have come close.
Talking about me? I think the last two years I haven't make it thought week three! I think Vandy got me in week two the year before last?

Back
Top Bottom