| FTBL NCAA Football 2008: Who plays?

Swamptick

Verified Member
Who plays the football games on the home consoles. I will (as I do every year). I will be getting the Xbox 360 version.

Anyone else play? If so I will start posting updates on the game. It is being developed here (as it is every year) in Orlando by EA Tiburon.

Let me know if y'all want links and updates and some insider info on the game and it's development. I have a former employee over at EA now working on Madden 08. He has alot of inside info.

I play as much as the wife and two kids will let me(PS2). Keep us posted. It's is the only reason I own a console.

Tell your friend that I have some ideas that, IMO of course, will make it the perfect game.

Are we gonna get 85 scholarship players this year? Having only 70 bugs me to death.

i always get really psyched up around july and its all because of this game..... my friends and i usually play in a bunch of tournaments against each other..... but yeah i would love some links and updates about this game...... i hope they tweak the dynasty mode a lil bit more...... i remember when you could only have 55 on your roster..... that was tough lol...... but thanks for info :D

rtauburnsucks said:
Please keep us posted, especially on the xbox 360 version. It needs alot of help from last year.

The graphics were great, but the game play stunk.

I thought the game play sucked as well until I played it on an HDTV. The correct all the problems I was having.

Rolling Tide said:
rtauburnsucks said:
Please keep us posted, especially on the xbox 360 version. It needs alot of help from last year.

The graphics were great, but the game play stunk.

I thought the game play sucked as well until I played it on an HDTV. The correct all the problems I was having.

hmm, well ill keep that in mind. I played the 360 version for about a week, and got so mad about how crappy it was......I quit playing it and stuck to original Xbox.

I am glad so many have responded. I have GREAT news for everyone. Especially next generation owners. This will not be a let down. Let me just start with saying that this year....the game will be running in a silky smooth 60 fps. That is more than double last year.

That is the begning. I have only been allowed to view the game one time...but man I have to say that the difference was night and day between last year.

I will give a full report about all I know tomorrow (4-28-07). I too thought last years game (I play on HD) more or less sucked. I played the heck out of it of course because it was Alabama football. Still, the game left much to be desired. The frameate stank, the collision fields were atrocious and the in game engine was worse than the "last-gen" games.

Again...full report - to date - on 4-28-07. Also keep this thread hot for all the latest and greatest. There is alot of hot buzz here in Orlando for this game (*sigh* and for Madden) since it is all made and developed here. I have seen it though. I just got to see it this weekend. Bryant-Denny is rendered in ACCURATE detail. They left out the north end zone last year....though they included the seating. This year..it is all there and looks...........well, I will let y'all see. I almost cried.

Until tomorrow stay vigilant.

eladabbub said:
I play as much as the wife and two kids will let me(PS2). Keep us posted. It's is the only reason I own a console.

Tell your friend that I have some ideas that, IMO of course, will make it the perfect game.

Are we gonna get 85 scholarship players this year? Having only 70 bugs me to death.

Be sure to post your ideas. I can submit them to my friend. I am not sure what all good it will do this late in the game but I can tell you that we DO have all of our scholys.

Swamptick said:
Who plays the football games on the home consoles. I will (as I do every year). I will be getting the Xbox 360 version.

Anyone else play? If so I will start posting updates on the game. It is being developed here (as it is every year) in Orlando by EA Tiburon.

Let me know if y'all want links and updates and some insider info on the game and it's development. I have a former employee over at EA now working on Madden 08. He has alot of inside info.
I will defnitely be getting this one for the same system. I can't wait!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/ncaafootball08/news.html?sid=6169805&tag=topslot;title;1

The above is a link to the latest that Gamespot.com has.

Let me also mention that maybe the coolest new feature is the fact that EA has inked a deal with the Weather Channel this year for REAL TIME weather conditions (will require online). Want to play a game on August 3rd at 4 am in the morning? What is the weather like in real life in Tuscaloosa on August 3rd at 4 am....well THAT is the way it will be in the game. Supremely cool.

Campus legend will be in the next-gen builds. Those of you who like taking a player from a freshman to a heisman candidate will be thrilled to know that this feature (absent from NCAA 2007) will be included in the game. It will also be greatly improved.

In this version you will take your player from a highschool star in the state playoffs, to commiting to schools who make offers. You will also be able to make the highschool team of your choice and the state playoffs will be in the collegiate stadium closest to you based on your state. In Alabama's case probably BDS, JHS or Legion Field.

More updates comming.....stay tuned.

Make sure you tell your buddy that EA should do a little better research for player ratings. I know that it is impossible to make accurate ratings for every player on every team, but some in last year's game were pretty crazy. Having JPW with 59 speed (slower than most of our DTs) was only one of them.

I can't wait for the game though. They are still making it for regular xbox, right? :?

Swamptick said:
Be sure to post your ideas. I can submit them to my friend. I am not sure what all good it will do this late in the game but I can tell you that we DO have all of our scholys.

Sweet.

I figured it'd be too late for them to do any changes to this year's version, but I'll definitely post my ideas later for next year's games.

I hope they improve the 360 version a good bit this year. It absolutely sucked compared to the xbox version. The gameplay was terrible.

Oh but they have. You might not like the playcalling screen at first. I have never liked the changes to the playcalling screen at first. Once you get used to that....the game will shine. I have played it alot now. Man......WOW.....I mean.....WOW.

Swamptick said:
Oh but they have. You might not like the playcalling screen at first. I have never liked the changes to the playcalling screen at first. Once you get used to that....the game will shine. I have played it alot now. Man......WOW.....I mean.....WOW.

Big improvement over last year's piece of crap? I thought the animations made the 360 version stiff.

Back
Top Bottom